News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Home Page

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

I've created a new homepage for The Astral Pulse.

The idea will be for myself, moderators and anyone else who wants to submit articles for publication on the home page and to give the internet a new way of accessing the Astral Pulse. 

It's a huge work-in-progress at the moment, but it should give you an idea of how it'll work.  I'm having to re-learn all of this wordpress stuff.  Not to mention that the export from my site and import to this new site caused some issues with links and strange backslash issues which means I have to go through every single page and fix it.

https://www.astralpulse.com/

tides2dust

Headaches aside, very cool! =)

T-Man

I like the new home page but am having troubles getting back to the forums page as the link 'The Astal Pulse Forums' on the new home page just opens the new home page again.  I had to access the forums page through an old page I found in my internet history. 
The Adventure Continues...

Xanth

Quote from: T-Man on November 24, 2023, 16:56:01I like the new home page but am having troubles getting back to the forums page as the link 'The Astal Pulse Forums' on the new home page just opens the new home page again.  I had to access the forums page through an old page I found in my internet history. 
Hmm, that's odd.  It works fine for me on my phone.  I'll test it in a pc browser shortly.

Anyone else have this issue?

Xanth

T-Man

Quote from: Xanth on November 25, 2023, 13:40:34Hmm, that's odd.  It works fine for me on my phone.  I'll test it in a pc browser shortly.

Anyone else have this issue?

Xanth,

Not sure what the problem is.  I tried my computer and your links work.  When trying to access the forums link when using my iPad it doesn't work.  I even tried clearing out the cache, etc on my iPad but it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

The link does not work when using my iPhone either...Darn Apple products! LOL!

When I'm on the iPad I can just add the /forums to the address and I can get there.

Xanth

Hmmm... ok... that gives me something to work with.

So when you're clicking the link it's sending you back to the home page.  I *THINK* I might know what's going on... but it'll have to wait since my dinner just got here.  Mmmm pizza. :D ;)

tides2dust

Hi Xanth,

Quote from: Xanth on November 25, 2023, 13:40:51Headaches? LoL

For context-

Quote from: Xanth on November 24, 2023, 12:25:58...Not to mention that the export from my site and import to this new site caused some issues with links and strange backslash issues which means I have to go through every single page and fix it.

^ This sounds like a headache.

And I like the homepage.

Xanth

@tides2dust

HAHA touche!  :)  Yes, indeed.

@T-Man

Give it a shot now?

EDIT: Nevermind, it didn't work.  I actually broke the page.  HAHA  Ok, back to the drawing board. :)

EDIT2: Ok, try now.  :)

T-Man

I gave things a try.  The link for me does not take me to the forums.  Only refreshes the New Home Page.

I had a thought that it might be something Safari related.  My iPad and iPhone are using Safari and it does not work.  I said previously that the link worked on my computer which is also a Mac computer but I was using Chrome.  I just logged onto the computer to give the link a try using Safari and the link does not work.  Hmmm!

Xanth, when you did the upgrade to the new Astral Pulse software I had a lot of trouble accessing the site.  Most times it would load an error page but once in awhile I could get to the site.  It took a couple of weeks before that issue went away.  I'm hoping this issue will eventually correct itself!

I just set up two Home Screen shortcuts for now on my iPhone and iPad.  One takes me to the New Home Page.  The second takes me to the forums page.  (Hope this will only be temporary)  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: T-Man on November 26, 2023, 12:01:09I gave things a try.  The link for me does not take me to the forums.  Only refreshes the New Home Page.

I had a thought that it might be something Safari related.  My iPad and iPhone are using Safari and it does not work.  I said previously that the link worked on my computer which is also a Mac computer but I was using Chrome.  I just logged onto the computer to give the link a try using Safari and the link does not work.  Hmmm!

Xanth, when you did the upgrade to the new Astral Pulse software I had a lot of trouble accessing the site.  Most times it would load an error page but once in awhile I could get to the site.  It took a couple of weeks before that issue went away.  I'm hoping this issue will eventually correct itself!

I just set up two Home Screen shortcuts for now on my iPhone and iPad.  One takes me to the New Home Page.  The second takes me to the forums page.  (Hope this will only be temporary)  :-)
It's 100% Safari related I've found.

I *THINK* it has something to do with how it reads the htaccess file, but changing that is dangerous when someone (like myself) doesn't know how it works very well.  haha

My research continues!

Xanth

Got it!  I had the link on the home page which was pointing towards the forum listed as "http"... should have been "https".  The htaccess file was re-writing it for the secure connection and dropping everything else, hence taking you right back to the home page.  :)

Give it a shot now.  Works on my wife's iPad now.

T-Man

Quote from: Xanth on November 26, 2023, 14:53:34Got it!  I had the link on the home page which was pointing towards the forum listed as "http"... should have been "https".  The htaccess file was re-writing it for the secure connection and dropping everything else, hence taking you right back to the home page.  :)

Give it a shot now.  Works on my wife's iPad now.

Awesome!  Things are working correctly!

:-D  :-D  :-D

Xanth

Quote from: T-Man on November 26, 2023, 14:57:42Awesome!  Things are working correctly!

:-D  :-D  :-D
Woot!  :)

Thank you for the assistance!

omcasey

Yes!!!!! I was having the same difficulty as T-man as was just now finally able to access the forum board. To confirm, yup I am on Safari as well. Thanks for getting it fixed, Xanth.

Xanth

Quote from: omcasey on November 26, 2023, 22:43:46Yes!!!!! I was having the same difficulty as T-man as was just now finally able to access the forum board. To confirm, yup I am on Safari as well. Thanks for getting it fixed, Xanth.
Perfect!  So crazy that the problem was simply a missed "s" in the link.  haha

So now I just need to find a better theme to make the place look nicer.  :D

Methen

I like the way old site looked better I was just use to it

Xanth

Quote from: Methen on November 29, 2023, 19:02:17I like the way old site looked better I was just use to it
You'll get used to this one too. :)
This new updated forum is much better. 
The new homepage gives users a new way to interact with the Pulse. 
I'm hoping we get a few people to add some knowledge to the main page as well.  :)

Methen

I have no problem with the forum just the template did you not say that you were going to upload more and let people choose which one they wanted ?

Xanth

Quote from: Methen on November 30, 2023, 21:44:58I have no problem with the forum just the template did you not say that you were going to upload more and let people choose which one they wanted ?
Certainly!  Haven't quite got around to that one yet.

What kind of theme would you be looking for?  Something darker? 

Methen

Quote from: Xanth on December 01, 2023, 15:53:11Certainly!  Haven't quite got around to that one yet.

What kind of theme would you be looking for?  Something darker? 
Actually I like the one that with the old version of smf
But could not find Ill let you know should I find something I like...

Xanth

Quote from: Methen on December 01, 2023, 17:04:54Actually I like the one that with the old version of smf
But could not find Ill let you know should I find something I like...
We couldn't find it either. 

Yeah, find one you like.  It needs to support 2.1.x
But I'd be more than happy to install it, assuming it works well.