News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

3Dness

Previous topic - Next topic

andonitxo

Hi!

Just wanted to ask you a question about a sensation I've been experiencing these last weeks.

The point is that I've been developing some self consciousness sessions. They consists on shutting down the inner chat while walking on the street. Besides, you must be a total spectator of your surrondings, as if you where inside a film.

This exercise is very valuable to ease LD, but I've discovered another thing.

When you apply your consciousness for some time, the feeling of the stage you're seeing start to change. The inner sense is that you're moving in a "false" world, as if it would be a dream.

Applying more pressure gets you to a state of weirdness in where your conscious mind starts to be preocupied, maybe because you're outside in the street and your sense of reality is disappearing.

There's a moment when you have to stop, just to feel more secure. This practice helps a lot in improving your dream recall and your consciousness inside of them.

Maybe someone else has experienced something like this.

CFTraveler

I've had the same phenomenon for a while and then it went away.  In my case it involved a recurring dream of 'wanting to go to the beach' and not finding it that I've been getting for years now- it changed to I get there and it's fake.  In the new version(s) I get a few variations:  As I get closer I realize it's a fake environment, like those wave pools you get at theme parks, or it's a theater stage, and the water is a matt painting, or the latest one was that it was a stage and the water was computer generated, a hologram that looked real enough but revealed itself when I went in it and stayed dry.  I have wondered how to interpret it- is lucidity training me to realize when my subconscious is fooling me, or am I having some sort of 'dreamstate lessons' about manifestation (a sort of 'this how it's done'), or am I just plain too introspective?  I've had other things, like badgering dream characters to tell me what part of my subconscious made them and what do they mean, etc.  This has abated and I've gone back to not remembering my dreams or not being lucid in them but I go through clusters of this.  Is this one way of cracking up? I wonder...

andonitxo

Thanks God there are more people able to do such things (or able to suffer from them).

The most interesting point with this exercise lays in the fact that the more pressure you apply (i.e. the more you "believe" the reality is unreal), the more your conscious mind revolves. And it does it till a point where you get "really" nervous, even you could feel dizzy (so be careful if you do outdoors).

Anyway, once you get to the limit (and it will expand as you excel in it) you must "go back" or ground yourself, because your ego needs to feel stability. That's very important.

Another point to bear in mind is "braveness". You'll feel yourself, inevitably, scared. Really! Believe me, your ego will start to feel that everything it knew is false, so it will get nervous. Just play with this feeling, but be careful not to overstress yourself.

I've not get, yet, to the point of "no return". Just because I don't really know if I could "go back", he, he. Or maybe there's no need to return...

Stookie

I experience somthing similar: The world seems to be staged, just for me. But I also feel that there is a truth to this "staged" sur-reality. The way I've always understood the world since birth was based on my perceptions, but then when perception is changed, the way the world is understood becomes completely different. Then there can be that panic that the world you knew before is fake. Then comes acceptance, and the new way of percieving becomes reality. I think that it's actually a perception of physical consciousness from a non-physical perspective (yet very real perspective). It's actually quite liberating (after the acceptance part).

I used to have fantasies of reality that I thought would be fantastic, but those same dreams are now boring and void of content. It's nice not to be stuck there anymore.

(I hope this is what was meant...)

CFTraveler

You hit it right on the head, Stookie.  I have accepted this, but don't like it.  Maybe it's time to move on to 'what is it really'? Or should I wait until I don't feel so 'gypped'?

Stookie

I totally understand the feeling of being gypped. I can do like andonitxo and walk around the streets and get to that point he speaks about. For me, it's as if the world is made of legos. It seems so artificial and systematically built to decieve us into thinking it's the "real" reality. I feel ripped-off.

But then, I can take a walk in the woods or hike a mountain, and come to that same point, but the deception feels different. Like the mountain I'm on isn't real like I thought it was before, but a feeling comes with it that it was created for me (or "us", I should say). The real beauty in the world comes out at this moment, because not only do you see through the artificial (physical) aspect of it, but make a connection to the ideas, thoughts, creative energy, or whatever it is that organizes this system of consciousness. I think that this is also what separates regular man-made "objects" from man-made "art".

Viewing man-made things, like I stated before, seems void as though built of legos with no "reality" behind it. But when viewing nature, consciousness becomes a spectacular technology far beyond anything I can comprehend.

We view reality as though it's solid and has been here forever, forgetting that it's a creation. But when the reality of physical consciousness is understood and accepted, you can truly "live" life effortlessly and enjoy physical consciousness to the fullest (the principals of Tao).

(I've been meaning to make a topic of this subject for a while, but wasn't sure how to start. Thanks andonitxo)

andonitxo

I totally agree. The world, seen that way, gets decomposed into tinny pieces in your head. It's like playing with photoshop, the layers show themselves as separated things more that a whole picture. The effect gets more marked if movement happens, I mean, if you see people in the city walking the moving-layer splits from the stage-layer.

I always think in terms of cabala. The illusiory world is ruled by saturn, the stricter planet, that gives us stability and limitation. In order to ascend in the tree of life you must surpass him, learning his teaching. In terms of yoga I think it means: to control senses and to be conscious of your surrondings.

The day before I was having a cup of tea in my city. Suddenly I got hypnotized about the cup's form, and I realized that the tea was being hold by the cup. It was some sort of phylosofical thought (even silly), but they use to happen when you put an eye in what it's around you.

I'd like to know what would happen if you'd tense the rope, I mean, if you alter your state of consciousness that way to the limit while being outdoors. The time I did I thought I was going to loose my consciousness, so I got so nervous the state ended.

Selski

This is a very interesting thread to me, and my post is purely so that (for me) it won't get lost in the many threads that come and go, as it's one that I've responded to... even though I've not responded properly yet.

I feel I'm a total beginner to what has been said so far, however I also feel that I understand a little and want to explore further.

:-)

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

visitfaraz

hi,
I have read a lot about nonduality and it is also becoming a part of me. I am becoming more and more detached from everything. The thing that you talk about is real. The world that we experience is really actually according to our conditioning and the concepts that we have.
But andonixto, I was unable to understand actually what you were talking about when you said that when you apply more pressure you get to a weird state.
What actually do you do? Do you mean that you force yourself to believe that the reality is unreal? And is it really possible to believe that by applying pressure or are you following certain other practices also?

bye,
faraz

andonitxo

Quote from: visitfaraz on March 11, 2007, 12:45:55
But andonixto, I was unable to understand actually what you were talking about when you said that when you apply more pressure you get to a weird state.

Maybe I should have used another expression. For more pressure I mean to keep doing it. The "inner" pressure comes into my head, and it's a "real" pressure for me, because it's as if my head would be underwater, as when diving. Another pressure-like sensation is fear, an awful inner fear, from the most inner side of my being: my heart beat accelerates, the sweat abounds, my muscles tremble,... and the more I get in the 3Dness the more the symptoms exacerbate.

The overall sensation is as if the universe would going to blow off, or the void would going to devour it.

So I try to step forward a bit farther in each try, so my inner mind gets accostumed to it. I also do rest periods, just to forget about it and to retake weeks or days later. That way the next time I take again my mind functions in a different way.

If someone should have any trick to surpass these fears it'd be great to hear about it.

Stookie

QuoteIf someone should have any trick to surpass these fears it'd be great to hear about it.

The only way I know to reduce the fear is to fully experience it. Get to the point where you are 100% convinced of the physical illusion and know you will never experience it like you did before, which we be reality-shattering to your ego, send you into deep depression, and then slowly work your way back up with new concepts of reality. It's horrible, frightening, sad, depressing, and ultimately, liberating.

There might be a less awful way, but that's the only way I know of...

mon9999

hello guys! i just read this topic and i find it interesting. Can you tell me how you do this I want to try this. thanx :-)

andonitxo

In my case it came by chance. I was having a walk while repeating a mantra-like sentence: all I'm seeing is false.

I got to a point where the vision in front of my eyes started to separate. I mean, the layers in which you can divide a landascape (ground, static objects, people,...) suddenly started to separate (as photoshop layers).

Since that experience I'm able to do consciously without any other help. Anyway I use to shut down my inner chat and observe, with curiosity, everything around me, as if all was "dreamy". At some point I feel an inner shift inside my mind and the alteration starts.

The idea of seeing all as a dream comes from the book "art and practice of astral projection" by Ophiel. In it, the author gives a method to project inside a dream (very close to LD) which basically consists in assuming you're in a dream while awaken, and in seeing the world as if you were an alien and all would be totally new for you.

It is really noticeable the effect after a very short period of practicing.

mon9999

how many months did you practice until you have that experience?  :?

andonitxo

1 day. Maybe I was to achieve it. I put a lot of energy in it and it came.

mon9999

cool!! thanx im gonna try it  :lol:

andonitxo

I nearly forgot to comment some other things. I've remembered them while I've been practicing these last days.

1.Our minds tend to wander off or concentrate on silly things. If you are doing some exercise, or moving, that can get worse. To practice 3dness it's a very good trick to listen to the surronding sounds without judging them. So, walk around at a medium pace and put your ear to what it's sounding around you: people talking, birds, traffic,... That will help you not to think in other things (even if you can put your mind in casual thoughts from time to time). But be care and don't process what you've listened (very easy if you've heard a conversation).

2."Expect" something is going to happen. That's a very good trick. I listened about it in the yoga practice, but I discovered its power once I put it in practice. To understand this better remember LD's basis: to be so conscious of your waking life that that consciousness is transferred to your dream state (in order to recover inside a dream). So, assume you are already in a dream state (that your waking life is dreamy) and that you're going to wake up in any moment.

Applying these two tricks you'll note a "shift" in your consciousness, and the 3dness will start to happen. Some chakra will start to work more rapidly (in my case the heart one) and the perception you have of your surrounding space will change completely.

I think I've pinpointed it good enough, but if you should have any question or would like to transmit any experience I'd be glad to hear from you.