Some thoughts on timing of practice

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

Frank

MT:

Let's sort-of privately move away from Phasing as being a kind of adaptation of the Monroe construct.

How does it fit in to the various xxx phenomena. In a sense it doesn't. It's a different model of consciousness.

In which case there is no F21, there is no F10-F12. There is only a direct Phasing into the awareness of the reality you wish to experience. Such is the promise held by the Phasing model. Everything you see is an objective representation of what you want it to be, so to speak. We all occupy all of consciousness already, and all the four Focus-states of the Phasing model are heavily intertwined.

In a sense, the knowingness of all this is Focus 4 of consciousness. But in another sense, it's not that simple. There is a certain complexity, a separateness about it if you like that you only realise the truth of when you "get there" (and language just isn't yet geared up to explain it fully). Look at your wife. To you, there is just something appealing about her that words simply cannot explain, yes? Well, there you go, that's how F4 of consciousness is to the n'th extent when it comes to concrete explanations.

Ha ha, all this does involve F2oC. How very perceptive of you! F2oC is the springboard if you like. The big problem is, F2oC can be both a springboard and a net. It captured me for about 5 years. I was lucky. Most people at present never get "beyond" F2oC. In a conventional sense, once that "net" grabs you it is very difficult to get out of.

Depending on a person's character they can end up riding a ghost train that never ends, or a "god" train that never ends. And when it's all over you end up "dumped" in F3 for however many years to recover from it until you can become "normal" again.

LOL, it's a funny old life.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

That's what I love about this topic. You spend years and years to realise the sheer simplicity of the whole thing. When you do so you just want to kick yourself at how simple it is, looking back and realising it was right in your face all the time. But that's the appeal of it all.

Even today I look at the progression of inventions and think why didn't they just go from this point to that point? Why did they have to go through all the intermediary stages. But that's the way it is. Just human nature I guess, and this topic is no different.

Anyhow, the "key" lies in your actions within F2oC. That's where you can lay the probabilities to open the "doors" to the other focus states. I look at F2oC as the place where the foundations are laid.

I think you are falling asleep because that's where most people do their dreaming. So there is a kind of sleep connection that is getting the better of you. There is a faculty that needs to be developed which comes with practice I guess. Within this area I tend not to step too fully in a 1st person perspective. I always tend to keep a watch over myself. Sort-of see myself seeing in 1st-person but not entirely.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

MT:

Relative stability of the environment and the actions that take place there. You meet all manner of people just going about their everyday lives. It's very physical-world like in many ways, but not in others. In some ways it's quite whacky, but nowhere near as whacky as F2 can be because the environment doesn't chop and change so much. Everything tends to come across like it is happening "at a distance" from you, again, very physical-world like. Whereas F2 is right in your face all the time. Which is fine, provided you can control it. But most people have a lot of difficulty doing that.

All people have to do is once they become lucid within F2 is "detune" their focus, create that controlled overlay experience, and focus on the overlay elements to the extent where the overlay becomes their reality. So easy to say, but a devil of a job to do at the time. At the time all manner of distractions begin coming into play. One distraction leads to the next and, before you know it, you're "back" at F1 kicking yourself thinking why didn't I just do this and that? It just takes practice, practice and more practice.

Yours,
Frank

knightlight

Now that you put it that way frank I have had a number of experiences where I was in a place that felt so very very real, but not in the projected sense.  When I project to f2 things twitch and change at every thought.  I have had a few experiences where I actually felt like I was almost locked in to the area, i didn't feel transparent like I usually do in f2.  I am also usually in a large place of business or a big city, surround by people just doing what people do, but fully awake and responsive, unlike RTZ.  Have I experienced f3 and not known it?  This was a while ago, before my first conscious obe.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

Frank

Yes, that sounds very F3-like. You get all kinds of towns and places, or you might just come across people living alone. It all depends on the person in question. Lots of people are "dying" these days with no particular religious beliefs so they end up in transition just basically doing what they have always done.

Many end up living in circumstances very much the same as they did while physical. Loads of people are living their lives within F3 and they don't fully realise they have actually physically died. There is a part of them that is well aware, but they just get wrapped up in their day to day affairs just like they would have done while physical.

This is why F3 is very physical-world like in many ways. Once you get the hang of recognising the two areas things become a LOT easier, because you start to realise where you are in the general scheme of things. That's where the model comes in handy. Think of it like a basic map.

Problem is, people are only now realising there are these different areas in consciousness, which are not "places" but actual focuses of attention. Monroe was the first, to my knowledge, to realise this to a degree and he developed his linear-focus model. Which is great but it doesn't, IMO, address the true relationship between the 4 areas that form our total reality. F2 is not fully represented and F4 isn't mentioned.

There is a vague notion of an F35 in the Monroe model, which came very late in the day and is meant to be a gathering of alien flying saucers monitoring "earth changes". Yeah, right, I think that stands as an all-time definition of overstretching the narrative, lol.

Yours,
Frank