Acheiving Astral Projection at night.

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezekiel L337

My first OBE was performed during my waking hours. It was exactly 8:29 when i lasted look at the clock before drifting into sleep and then into the astral plane. For about a month now I've been attempting to perform astral projection before i sleep. I always end up falling asleep. And every time I'm at the point where Astral Projection would seem ideal (the part where random thoughts enter your mind right before you sleep) i can't seem to do it. I just end up pretending to roll, twist and turn.

Any methods or procedures i should try achieve the exit?
"End? No, death is just another path.  One that we all must take."

-JRR Tolkein

Eol007

Hi,

I feel one of the primary catalysts to falling asleep is the fact that a lot of people try their OBE practice lying down in a overly comfortable position on their backs. As we are usually conditioned to sleeping whilst lying down is seems no surprise that nearly everyone flakes out when working with trance states in this way!

Anytime I've had success with evening practice is when try it several hours before I would normally sleep and in seated or angled position.

Otherwise go with what has already worked for you i.e. morning attempts. Why not set your alarm an hour or so early so you can get up and try some practice then instead!

Good luck,

Stephen

avocado

I use falling asleep to my advantage. I am not experienced enough in mediation so I can never get deep enough to trigger an out of body experience. However, I found that if I meditate myself to sleep with enough determination and intention to project I wake up with vibrations.

All you need is determination. If your will is strong enough something will happen. Good luck.

Ezekiel L337

I see, i will try the hour early thing to get some practice in.

And i've never understood willing.  Is it simply 'wanting'?

-JRR Tolkein

Novice

Willing and wanting are totally different. And wanting will fail you every time. Wanting implies not having something. If you 'want' you are saying you don't have it. But by willing it, you act as if you already are doing it. It is a command, not a request. A request can be denied. Will is powerful if it is strong enough.

I'm reminded of Yoda "Try not. Do or do not."

Not sure if that helps or not.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Ezekiel L337

Quote from: NoviceWilling and wanting are totally different. And wanting will fail you every time. Wanting implies not having something. If you 'want' you are saying you don't have it. But by willing it, you act as if you already are doing it. It is a command, not a request. A request can be denied. Will is powerful if it is strong enough.

I'm reminded of Yoda "Try not. Do or do not."

Not sure if that helps or not.

I understand now, i appreciate your reference to Star Wars.  Helped clear things us a bit.

-JRR Tolkein