alter your brain waves with out sounds...

Previous topic - Next topic

alpine9

You can use this technique for relaxation, trance meditation, or astral projection.

Get into your desired position for your session, and then take a couple of deep breaths.

When you are comfortable you are going to alter your brain waves a few cycles into Alpha waves by saying this affirmation.

" I now have Alpha waves"

After you say this affirmation you should start to feel your body relaxing. Allow this affirmation to settle in for about one minute. Then repeat the affirmation four more times allowing each affirmation to settle in.

If you want to go deeper just continue with the above procedure, but instead of saying Alpha waves use Theta waves. For even deeper states after Theta switch to Delta waves and follow the same procedure.

I advise you start with Alpha first, Theta 2nd and Delta last because it will be more effective, and make sure you allow each affirmation to settle in no less than a minute the longer the better.

I"m pretty sure by the time you get to your 3rd theta affirmation your body is going to be so relaxed it might be hard to stay conscious, so you probably won't need Delta.

Nagual

How do I know what state correspond to alpha waves...?
For this to work, I think you should first use binaural beats for a while and then associate the sensation/state with the affirmation...
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

alpine9

Do you know what state corresponds to alpha waves?

If you don't and you tried the technique and it doesn't work for you then maybe you do need to know that state.

But if you haven't tried the technique then you cannot know whether it will work or will not work whether you know the Alpha, Theta and Delta state or not.

When you say the affirmation you won't know exactly how deep in alpha or Theta etc. waves you will be unless you have a brain wave machine to measure with. But it usually starts pretty light and as you go to the 2nd, 3rd and so on affirmation it gets deeper.

Tom

Sounds like a re-statement of the Silva Method. I have enough trouble with that system, even now, after learning it with binaurals. It makes sense that for people who have a lot of experience it is possible to use intent to specifically experience a band of brainwave frequencies. I've even met someone who has used it to go to a specific brainwave frequency. Then again, he was not hooked up to an EEG machine.

karnautrahl

I cannot see affirmations alone working for specific states. That's too wishy washy. Your brain won't know what you are aiming for.
However repeating any set of syllables mentally for a time is likely to induce a light meditation state for sure.

If you are neurofeedback trained and you associate your affirmations to precise frequencies then yes you can. I own an EEG machine myself and can hit what looks like a reasonable alpha dominant state in seconds now-usually by putting my attention into a mental cone that's inserted into my third eye region.

Affirmations like some other very flimsy methodologies (on their own!) are great when used in a multidiscipinary manner. Linking them to trained states/remembered states is probably the most solid way.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

alpine9

This is a technique for altering brain waves, and thats exactly what it does.

alpine9

130 people have read this topic so far.

If anyone has decided to try this technique I'd like it if you could share you experience. :wink:

Tom

So I shared someone else's experience instead of mine. It still counts. There is someone who has tried the same technique who tells me that he has gotten results. He can't prove it; that's my only problem. If you can go to the psychology department of a college near you or somewhere and get EEG results proving that your technique works that will be much more convincing. Even then, there will be people here who are going to believe you just took a nap. Maybe you can get one of those setups like Stephen LaBerge used and you can use pre-arranged eye signals to show that you are still alert even down into delta using your technique.

Seven

I tried this in meditation.  Although I can't say whether I was in alpha, delta, theta, etc, it definitely made a difference.

I could feel myself achieving deeper states of relaxation, faster.  And I could feel a definite change when I repeated the different affirmations.

So I don't really think it matters if you know exactly what the specific brainwaves should feel like, as long as it makes a positive difference to your relaxation technique.

I vote for it  :wink:

alpine9

Karnauthrl,

There isn't any thing wishy washy about this technique. In fact I think its very practical.

Tom,

I didn't post this technique to prove or convince to anyone that this technique works. Only something that worked for me and I thought could be helpful for others to achieve these states with out aids. You said your friend tried it and it worked. Seven also tried it and said it worked.

So Tom the only way I think you will be convinced that the technique works is to try and let your own experience be the proof.

I would be happy to hear your experience good or not good.

Hi Seven

Thanks for sharing your experience :wink:

Vvid1012

It doesn't matter whether or not you feel the alplha, theta waves... etc.  All that matters is that you are continuously focusing.  And by focusing on obtaining the state of mind you desire by thinking about wave forms... the state will come naturally.  The moment you cut it down is when it stops working

Tyciol

Guys... I really don't think this would work at all unless you've extensively read about the different kinds of brain waves and have experienced all of them, as well as being able to recognize all of them.

Affirmations are based upon what the mind knows, and since the concept of assigning Latin letters to brain waves is a man-made concept, it must be learned before it can be applied in affirmation. Otherwise it's just a bunch of science terms and the unconscious wonders what the heck we're saying.

Words are not enough.

alpine9

Hi Tycol,

I was wondering if you've tried the technique?

It's not like I'm trying to post a technique for teleportation or levitation so you need extensive study in order for this technique to work.

.There are lots of tecnhniques for getting into an altered state of consciousness(ASC). When you use a technique to go into an ASC your brain waves change automatically and you won't know exactly to which state[ unless your buy the sounds], but it doesn't matter because you continue to use the technique until you feel like your deep enough.

This technique works the same way.

snic

G'Day alpine9, and to all.

In my opinion the brain all ready knows alplha, theta waves... etc. And when we use affirmations which is a very powerful tool. We focus the mind on to one thing. Which is to alter brain waves.

Also how do we know when we listen to or use other methods that we are in the brain wave that we are suppose to be in. Unless we a ECG.

Seven

snic,

couldn't have said it better myself ;)

tyciol,

our subconscious, especially when we're in a state of meditation, is able to tap into the universal subconscious, which knows exactly what these brainwaves are.

alpine 9,

thanks for the technique  :idea:

Lustpanzer

Quote from: karnautrahl on February 06, 2005, 18:25:46
I cannot see affirmations alone working for specific states. That's too wishy washy. Your brain won't know what you are aiming for.
However repeating any set of syllables mentally for a time is likely to induce a light meditation state for sure.

If you are neurofeedback trained and you associate your affirmations to precise frequencies then yes you can. I own an EEG machine myself and can hit what looks like a reasonable alpha dominant state in seconds now-usually by putting my attention into a mental cone that's inserted into my third eye region.

Affirmations like some other very flimsy methodologies (on their own!) are great when used in a multidiscipinary manner. Linking them to trained states/remembered states is probably the most solid way.

:-D Hello... maybe you can help me out on the eeg issue. I own one and just recently had the idea to use it for astral projection training purposes... what kind of training would you recommend? and what frequency range.... I tried out 1 channel audiofeedback in alpha range, but I am sure there lots of more effective methods. I am fairly new to the eeg and didn't get into all the possibilities deep enough yet. I astral project once in a while randomly when i fall asleep.

Which eeg device do you use? I have the pendantEEG with Bioexplorer...

Greetings from Germany

(you can email me directly at forschung@lustpanzer.com)