Any Life lessons/messages to share with the younger?

Previous topic - Next topic

dpk38

All our lives involve a lot of learning.
Do you have any messages or lessons that you have learnt, to share with us? This would greatly aid all of us
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Black Light

I am 40. Relationships is what i regret most. But it wasnt until i turned 39 that i realized that the only way they would work, is if i was with someone with a like mind. religiously and spiritually. Wasted alot of time in relationships that went nowhere. 

Should have focused more on work and school instead of trying to do it all at the same time together. just my opinion.

Nameless

Get that education while you are young.
Never loan money to family or friends. It's okay to give them money just don't loan it.
No one should ever have to earn your respect. However their actions can cause them to lose it.
Pick your battles. Most battles aren't worth the trouble and nothing good comes of them.

Without going into details those are all lessons I have learned.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

Quote from: dpk38 on July 17, 2016, 16:26:40
Do you have any messages or lessons that you have learnt, to share with us? This would greatly aid all of us
Yes.

Life your PHYSICAL life.  There's a reason you're here, and it's not to "not be here". 
Balance in all things, right?  :)

dpk38

Thank you all for the replies.
This is precious
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Privex

I'm quite young myself but some things I like to remember are these,

Don't let other's opinions of you change who you are.

Don't be afraid to try new things, you might end up finding yourself along the way.

Don't allow yourself to be influenced by other's actions.

Don't allow your ego to control your true self.

Last but not least, if you wish to change the things around you, you must first change yourself.

A lot of do nots in there but they're just as valuable as dos in my opinion :P

no_leaf_clover

QuoteA farmer's horse ran away. His neighbors gathered upon hearing the news and said sympathetically, "That's such bad luck."

"Maybe," the farmer replied.

The horse returned on his own the next morning, and brought seven wild horses with it. "Look how many more horses you have now," the neighbors exclaimed. "How lucky!"

"Maybe," the farmer replied.

The next day, the farmer's son attempted to ride one of the wild horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. "How awful," the neighbors said. "It looks like your luck has turned for the worse again."

The farmer simply replied, "Maybe."

The following day, military officers came to town to conscript young men into the service. Seeing the son's broken leg, they rejected him. The neighbors gathered round the farmer to tell him how fortunate he was.

"Maybe," said the farmer.

Also...

Life is what you make of it. If you don't like something take responsibility for it and change it.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

RobertForsythe

Quote from: dpk38 on July 17, 2016, 16:26:40

I think most moral codes boil down to two rules that are universally agreed upon across all cultures (and probably all intelligent life in the Universe);

1. Do what you say you are going to do

2. Don't mess with other people's stuff

superman

There is only one thing to learn in this life and in all others. It applies in this dimension and in all others:

YOUR MIND MAKES YOUR LIFE. YOU CREATE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS, EXPECTATIONS AND FEELINGS.

Once you learn this there is nothing else to learn. Because all little "knowlege" will be understood by understanding this. All others "lessons" are relative and do not apply for everyone. They are not absolute. For exemple a person may tell you "don't get involved in relationships" because he suffered in relationships but If he undersood that his mind made it so, he would change it and his relationships would not be painful. So that lesson makes no sense, because many people are very happy in relationships. A person may tell you "life is suffering" and for him its his reality but only because he believes so. So someone's lessons have nothing to do with you because we create our own experience. This is the only "lesson" and it applies to evryone.

Peace
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.