Are there supplements worth doing?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusions

Has anyone researched this, is there stuff that works really well?

Is it cheap? How do you ingest it? Does it work for everyone? Can you grow it in a garden etc.

Do share
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

Xanth

To specifically and directly answer your question of "Are there supplements worth doing?":

No.  There are no supplements "worth" doing.  You can do all of this stuff WITHOUT the need to pollute your body with foreign or extra chemicals.

Fusions

Thanks. Why do you immediately say 'pollute' though. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of herb or something.

I know you can do it without them obviously, but I woudn't mind an extra boost.

LightBeam

Quote from: Fusions on April 30, 2014, 16:28:53
I was thinking along the lines of some kind of herb or something.

I know you can do it without them obviously, but I woudn't mind an extra boost.

All herbs that are beneficial for your health bring vitality to your body. Harmful drugs and "herbs" as some call weed, actually suppress neurotransmitters and receptors in your brain, thus provoking automatic awareness of the non physical, since the brain is not functioning with full capacity and you become sort of physically disabled temporary.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Stillwater

Hi Fusions

Perhaps there are some safe ones out there that exist.

This particular forum tends to be frequented by people practicing cognitive techniques though; to be honest, I haven't seen the kind of knowledge that would be able answer that question responsibly running around here.

Place take a high degree of care though if you intend to experiment. I wish there was a person I could refer you to, but I know of none. The kinds of circles that are versed in herbology paths tend more toward South America.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Volgerle

No Shamans allowed on the forum.  :-D

Anyway, for those interested, I bookmarked this a while ago and it might be of relevance:

http://dreamstudies.org/the-truth-about-lucid-dreaming-supplements/

There is a lot to more find on the internet about many plants. Not all are safe. And many are not safe at all. So be cautious please.

I do not recommend the following but just provide information. You have to make your own choice if you try it or not:

Galantamine (combined with Choline and/or Lecithin and/or Vitamin Bs) seems to be relatively safe and moreover it is the craze for most lucid dreamers. I had occasional experiences with it too a while ago, but normally go without.

Galantamine is actually a herbal medicine. It is made from some plants, e.g. the spider lily plant.

It has so far not any great health dangers reported. Mostly it's gastrointestinal problems, if at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galantamine#Adverse_events

However, one study showed bradycardia (slow heart beat) could arise which is a symptom, not a disease (such as strong coffee that gives you tachycardia). Anyway, it would be best to not take it with any heart or blood system circulation issues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galantamine#Caution

Here's just one provider as an example (and where I also bought it):

http://www.galantaminedreams.com/how-to-lucid-dream

QuoteGalantamine hydrobromide is prescribed by doctors to treat Alzheimer's Disease and various other memory impairments and conditions. It can also be purchased over-the-counter as an herbal extract. Lucid Dreamers take galantamine to help induce lucid dreams. It is the most effective lucid dreaming supplement out there. Galantamine is also used in nootropic stacks for memory enhancement and increasing IQ. In Eastern Europe it has been used for decades to treat various sensory and motor disfunctions such as myopathy, myasthenia, and associated disorders of the central nervous system.

If you try it, you should only use it every 2-3 days. As Wiki states (link see above):

Quote(...) it is advisable to space out the use of galantamine over a period of three days so that the body does not build a resistance to the drug, ruining its effectiveness

My experiences with it are varied. I remember it gave me more 'physical' sensations sometimes. E.g. I felt more sleep paralysis which I do not feel at all with 'normal' induction. I also felt/heard 'cracks' in my brain (seriously!) once or twice. But it is said to be no problem. You also get this when you do third-eye energy work in this area (at least that is what Teal Scott tells in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnBw7EXa3w )

My first attempts also resulted in a roller coaster ride, which means I got lucid but then often switched the scenes and phased from one place/situation to another without too many conscious control of it. Later I had more control.
I had no adverse health effects. However, if you do it wrong you might get sleepless for a while and it takes you longer to fall asleep again. You should NEVER take it before going to bed. Only take it in the middle of the night when you already slept for 3-4 hours. Also it is not good it you then stay up too long or eat sth with it. For me it was best when I got up, took it, and went to sleep again. My success rate was over 90% with this method. It is almost a guarantee for getting lucid or get into the vibrational/paralysis state. But that's just my experience, any other may vary.

So be warned again, you might be in for an interesting ride, but it might not be sth for you. Everyone has to find out for themselves if is their cup of tea. I repeat: Don't blame me if it goes wrong as I do not directly recommend it. Your choice.

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on April 30, 2014, 18:04:11
No Shamans allowed on the forum.  :-D
As much as I know you're joking, it's not even that.  :)

This is really something that you need to learn to do on your own first.
I know it's cliche, but in this case, the journey REALLY IS more important than the goal. 
There are certain things you need to figure out on your own first.

THEN you can make do with the chemicals. 

Build your solid foundation first, THEN experiment.  Too often people try to use chemicals and drugs as a fast track... the only thing you'll end up doing is burning yourself out.  Literally and figuratively.

Fusions

Thanks a lot Volgerle!

I have around 1 LD per night.

Increasing vividness is a big part of what I like to have.
Galantamine seems interesting, I was shocked by the price at first, but it's not too bad, since you take it every 3 days.

Stillwater

QuoteNo Shamans allowed on the forum. 

You could say the law has written them out of North America. We used to have a tremendous Shamanic tradition here... but then I think people know that story.

deepspace

Quote from: Volgerle on April 30, 2014, 18:04:11

Galantamine (combined with Choline and/or Lecithin and/or Vitamin Bs) seems to be relatively safe and moreover it is the craze for most lucid dreamers. I had occasional experiences with it too a while ago, but normally go without.

Galantamine is actually a herbal medicine. It is made from some plants, e.g. the spider lily plant.

It has so far not any great health dangers reported. Mostly it's gastrointestinal problems, if at all:

...If you try it, you should only use it every 2-3 days. As Wiki states (link see above):

My experiences with it are varied. I remember it gave me more 'physical' sensations sometimes. E.g. I felt more sleep paralysis which I do not feel at all with 'normal' induction. I also felt/heard 'cracks' in my brain (seriously!) once or twice. But it is said to be no problem. You also get this when you do third-eye energy work in this area (at least that is what Teal Scott tells in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnBw7EXa3w )

My first attempts also resulted in a roller coaster ride, which means I got lucid but then often switched the scenes and phased from one place/situation to another without too many conscious control of it. Later I had more control.
I had no adverse health effects. However, if you do it wrong you might get sleepless for a while and it takes you longer to fall asleep again. You should NEVER take it before going to bed. Only take it in the middle of the night when you already slept for 3-4 hours. Also it is not good it you then stay up too long or eat sth with it. For me it was best when I got up, took it, and went to sleep again. My success rate was over 90% with this method. It is almost a guarantee for getting lucid or get into the vibrational/paralysis state. But that's just my experience, any other may vary.

I've used it quite a few times too, had some interesting experiences, but nothing even close to my experiences without it. But then I've only done it about 5 times so not fair to compare really.  My experience has been that it consistently almost works. Galantamine and Choline have helped me get to the threshold, but then I still have to enter and that is not any easier. The problem for me has been that this combination only makes it a little easier. But what happens is I always end up putting less effort into it, thinking these things will just "make it happen" Basically, the same amount of effort is required and that's really the bottom line. I can't say that I'm done trying it, but in the final analysis, there are really no shortcuts to the "full-on" AP experience. The best way is the natural way. Once you've experienced that, you're not going to be satisfied with anything else.
It's all a dream
Light passing by on the screen

Xanth

Are there any studies done on this stuff out in the science-world?

My point being is that, anecdotally, the "benefits" seem to be as unique and individual as the people taking them... meaning that it's probably a placebo effect.  That wouldn't surprise me.

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on May 01, 2014, 12:17:13
Are there any studies done on this stuff out in the science-world?

My point being is that, anecdotally, the "benefits" seem to be as unique and individual as the people taking them... meaning that it's probably a placebo effect.  That wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, there are studies because it is a recognized medicine already and used (see Wiki). It's definitely not placebo.

And this I can say also from my own experience and that of others (what I've read so far), yes, it is 'real'. I also cannot quite agree to the statement that the same effort is needed than without it. It is actually a help to get you lucid when you are asleep again. You can just fall asleep and then Galantamine+Choline gets you "up to the threshold" of wakefulness / lucidity again. So what you do is just fall asleep, it is nothing for a direct induction. That is why it is 'easy' and used in lucid dreaming circles (those who do never direct APs etc.).

Moreover, we also are given a bio-chemical and physical reason for it's workings. It inhibits the nightly breakdown of acetylcholine. That is why it is a medicine for e.g. dementia and similar pathologies at daytime. It is proven there beyond placebo. It is also important to note that it is NOT a hallucinogenic drug because this one works the opposite way. Take it at daytime and you just get more clearer in the head but you won't get into trance or disfunctional in any way.

Furthermore and another argument, if only mine: you can have different physical effects (e.g. the cracking in the head, more sleep paralysis, other specific sensations) from it which also proves its direct effects on the body.

Test it yourself and you will know it is different. You can get lucid effortless, this is my direct experience, but controlling it thereafter could be different. However, if you take a placebo pill instead and you will notice you won't get lucid then, or at least not more than with your normal techniques.

Again: I do not want to make any advertisement for this. But I'm for truth and facts and this is what I give here, including the disadvantages or 'risks'. Everyone should make their own decision.

I also agree that it is way better to do it without any tool, just with the mind you have. It's also cheaper. :wink:

But (and that is what even Tom Campbell says) these 'tools' can be a useful thing once or twice to open the door for you if you tried it in vain for many years and failed to get it 'naturally'. Then I would suggest to give it a try if you are an otherwise healthy person without sleeping disorders, heart or severe digestive problems.

It's an option, not more but also not less.

Fusions

So I bought 25 gram of Calea Zachetachichi, I was wondering, how much should I take.
I bought it for 12 euros, which is 16x times more expensive than if I would buy 4 of these in go http://www.ebay.com/itm/Calea-Zacatechichi-Tincture-Lucid-Dream-Inducer-4-Oz-120-Ml-/170928944402?pt=US_Dietary_Supplements_Nutrition&var=&hash=item27cc28b512
But I want to try it out before I buy such a large quantity, anyways, I am planning on doing it in a tea, or maybe eating it if that's possible, I have no capsules I can use btw.

Stillwater

Sorry to say no one can reasonably give that advice here, as it is in the territory giving a medical prescription. There are places on the net dedicated to herbalism though... some of those sources might have responsible information (might).

Fusions

Traditionally a handful is used, people on net recommend either that or 3-6 grams.

Stillwater

Yeah understoood.

You have to realize though, that you are asking a question about safe dosage of a particular substance. That question is sooooooo far down the legal liabilities alley pretty much no one should touch it.

Jazzi

Ginko Bulba sometimes helps you feel good

V Energy drinks?

Fusions

Well, I didn't had the motivation to WBTB and make the tea last night. I did get galantamine this morning, which I am very excited about. I also ordered 100mg vitamine b-6 which is suppose to increase dream recall and vividness:
http://www.lucidipedia.com/forum.php?section=viewtopic&t=4832
http://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-aids/117787-vivid-dreams-vitamin-b6.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127013/Want-remember-dreams-Start-taking-vitamin-B-6-eat-lots-bananas.

And I recently also found out about peppermint tea which can make your dreams more vivid aswell.

I'll use them all apart and will report back.

Fusions

6 lucid dreams after 2 hours of taking haha
They felt very real, and were quite intens, I did not have full control, very little control even but I don't really mind that. The dreams were a bit vague though, in story, but solid. This is my first try with this stuff. Make sure to read the guide Volgerle posted before using it though http://www.galantaminedreams.com/how-to-lucid-dream

I can recommend it, 7.5/10

Ofc, this isn't something that should be used as a replacement for your practice but you can only do it once every 3 days anyway.

edit: I normally have 1 or 2, and these happen between 7-11 AM mostly. These all happened 2 hours after taking it 4-6 AM.

kuurt

I was thinking you said glutamine at first, but you said galantamine.   Looks like that is an Alzheimers medication - doesn't sound natural. 

The valerian root might be a good natural supplement to take during the day when you want to AP from the waking state, because it would help you to relax.  The doctor had me on klonopin one time and that made my body very relaxed - didn't want to move.  I don't usually have any trouble relaxing myself.  I meditate occasionally so I can usually get very relaxed very quickly, but valerian root might help one to relax into the experience a bit and not resist the vibrations and fluttering heart stage when it occurs. 

Lionheart

Quote from: kuurt on May 11, 2014, 21:55:09
  I meditate occasionally so I can usually get very relaxed very quickly, but valerian root might help one to relax into the experience a bit and not resist the vibrations and fluttering heart stage when it occurs. 
Confronting it works much better and has no "side effects"!

Fusions

From what I read, it's safe as far as we know. It's a plant extract btw.