astral projecting: visualization/imagination

Previous topic - Next topic

mdiacon

Hi i was wondering how do people visualize?. I mean every time i meditate or try to astral project (because i still haven't been able to actually get out), or anytime during the day when i try to visualize i have that image in my mind but i can never get throughout to see the actual picture like a phone in my eyes when i closed my eyes. How to be able to visualize and to see actual pictures? or is that visualization is just in your mind and never actually seeing it?

Rakkso

Visualization is a skill hard to train that takes years to master, that's why Buddhist monks dedicate his whole life to meditate so they train and reach "enlightenment".
You have to be more specific about your meditation technique, so a more accurate answer can be given.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html

Hope this helps, as it has helped me a bit.

soarin12

If you find you're not good at visualizing, how are you at rhythm?  I AP all the time and I've never visualized a thing.  I'm terrible at it.  Rhythm comes naturally to me though.  I always get a pop song stuck in my head during the day from listening to music in the car.  Then when I'm laying in bed at night the song is still going through my head.  I don't focus on the song. That's key.  I just let the rhythmic groove of it shift me away from the physical.  Within a few minutes I see the blackness go 3-D and I see the tunnel effect.  After that I can exit or just hang out until I end up somewhere.

I'm not mentioning this to discourage you from visualizing but i just know how easy the rhythm thing can be for some people.  I went to a very conservative church for a while that was very against any kind of music with repetitive rhythms because they knew it induced a trance state that they believed would put you in contact with the devil etc. etc.  Although they looked on the whole thing negatively, they were certainly right about the power of rhythm.  Good luck to you.  Hope you find the method that comes most naturally to you.

Astralsuzy

Stop trying to be really good at visualising.  You are putting pressure on yourself stopping you to ap.  I visualise a lot but I think I must be the worse person that visualises and I still get out of my body.  It does not matter how poor your visualisation skills are, you can still ap.  If visualisation does not work it means you are not ready to ap at that moment.  Breathe slowly in and out to get more relaxed for a while then try to visualise again.

raditus

Quote from: soarin12 on August 01, 2013, 00:36:48
If you find you're not good at visualizing, how are you at rhythm?  I AP all the time and I've never visualized a thing.  I'm terrible at it.  Rhythm comes naturally to me though.  I always get a pop song stuck in my head during the day from listening to music in the car.  Then when I'm laying in bed at night the song is still going through my head.  I don't focus on the song. That's key.  I just let the rhythmic groove of it shift me away from the physical.  Within a few minutes I see the blackness go 3-D and I see the tunnel effect.  After that I can exit or just hang out until I end up somewhere.

Just like me, except I get endless loops of Xbox games running through my head if I played the system nearly all day and then try to AP at night. Then I do the exact same thing; I let the scenes play and replay (Sometimes it turns out to be complete game walk-throughs) and eventually I get tranced enough to try AP.

astralee

Quote from: mdiacon on July 31, 2013, 17:02:59
Hi i was wondering how do people visualize?. I mean every time i meditate or try to astral project (because i still haven't been able to actually get out), or anytime during the day when i try to visualize i have that image in my mind but i can never get throughout to see the actual picture like a phone in my eyes when i closed my eyes. How to be able to visualize and to see actual pictures? or is that visualization is just in your mind and never actually seeing it?
try reading before bed then try to visulize whats in the book,

HindSight

Don't try to see the visualization, try to feel them and look at then indirectly. I that makes sence aha
We are informational beings sharing information for the betterment of humanity

astralee

Quote from: HindSight on September 22, 2013, 17:38:43
Don't try to see the visualization, try to feel them and look at then indirectly. I that makes sence aha
why i can what i visualize its not he same for everyone i donte need to close my eyes aswell

CFTraveler

To be able to 'see' what you imagine, you have to get into a trance first.  In fact, the moment you can see something you're imagining means you're in a trance.
Why?

Szaxx

Visualisation exercise,
Go to your bedroom ideally at daytime when all is bright.
Walk slowly to your kitchen down the corridors, stairs and any rooms on your trip.
As you are walking use the same mind you would have playing a video game. Look at everything you see and remember everything.
Notice the shadows and the different sounds. Get as much in your memory as you can.
Do this a few times so you miss nothing.

Go to your bedroom again. This time, you lie down with nothing to do and nothing to disturb you  if possible.

The next step is visualisation.
You use your memory and walk that same walk. See everything in your minds eye as you relive that moment of going to the kitchen.
If you can do this easily like most, you can visualize easily.
By doing the above when you are outside your house somewhere. You can preserve the memory and remember the details of it too. This is very useful in learning the art. You could go to a location where you are safe and memorize everything there. Keep this memory as it will be your safe place to go to when you learn to go into the non physical.
Can you do this?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

I used this technique as my very first conscious attempt. After abut 45 minutes of visualizing, I could swear a Helicopter was about to land in my living room. It scared the beejeebus out of me and immediately ended that attempt. But, I couldn't wait to try it again.
The "seed" was planted!  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3M-LuTRfcI

Make sure you put the candle out before you attempt to AP.

Contenteo

After all my attempts, projections, and successes I would say there is a best way to look at visualization strategy. It is twofold.

1. Visualizations you intend.
2. Visualizations you don't intend

The secret is doing enough of the first one in order to find the second. When you start detecting the second, that is, visualizations you don't intend, you want to allow that stream of 'creative energy' to be able to manifest on the surface of your thoughts. If you can maintain consciousness through a complete a merge into the second type, you will find yourself in a projection.

Visualizations you don't intend appear as random additions to the stage that you sent in your mind. They will be wild. They will be weird. But you must embrace them. Learn to feed on them. Learn to resonate them.

Snapping in and out of a visualization state is normal in the road to a successful attempt. Some will happen easy but others will take perseverence. Enjoy your visualizations and you will be projecting in no time.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Lionheart

Quote from: Contenteo on September 24, 2013, 04:01:46
After all my attempts, projections, and successes I would say there is a best way to look at visualization strategy. It is twofold.

1. Visualizations you intend.
2. Visualizations you don't intend

So true!  :-) Take for instance the simple visual of a flame. After awhile, (not long when you are a beginner), you will find that that flame is very hard to hold. But, if you don't fight it, that simple flame visual will take on a life of it's own. This is when the fun begins. Stay with it, for all you know the next thing you will see is a Hula girl in Hula skirt dancing, lol.

The main thing is, you stayed with it, while it was changing/morphing. Now your entire focus is there. If you lose the visual, (which will definitely happen to beginners), just restart it over again. No harm, no foul. You will find it's easier to "see" the second time around and you may be able to hold it for longer. Do this for awhile and you will find you have already shifted! No need to climb out of body, you are already out. Now, create your intent and go explore!  :-)

When you are new and for quite awhile after, you will find that 3-10 seconds projecting is indeed progress. You will be visualizing and all of a sudden you start to see your immediate surrounds. This is when most people will lose it. They get excited or disoriented and that's the end of that. This is completely normal with beginners. Don't brow beat yourself because it happened. Just realize how much progress you made. It will get better and easier the more you attempt.

astralee

Quote from: Lionheart on September 23, 2013, 20:02:21
I used this technique as my very first conscious attempt. After abut 45 minutes of visualizing, I could swear a Helicopter was about to land in my living room. It scared the beejeebus out of me and immediately ended that attempt. But, I couldn't wait to try it again.
The "seed" was planted!  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3M-LuTRfcI

Make sure you put the candle out before you attempt to AP.
cool thanks for that video it worked for me  it lookes like i was getting stuck in the starfield,i focused on the flame in the video and about 30 minutes later it was like i was in fully stable lucid dream thats how i can explain it but i was fully awake and still feeling my body but i could control the experience and move about.   

faxman

I remember this very interesting video. It's nice to see that it has been updated by its author for more new insights.

Lionheart

Quote from: faxman on September 25, 2013, 12:16:42
I remember this very interesting video. It's nice to see that it has been updated by its author for more new insights.
I just watched this new version for the first time and I wish it was the old one.

In the old one, he just taught you to simply focus on the candle itself. He didn't have all the Chakra, Third Eye and energy talk in it. I didn't care for his "labels" on everything in this one as well. Half of what he said, I have found throughout this practice to be totally unnecessary.

The main thing is to just focus on the candle, then use that imprint to create a deeper focus target. You will then find that after a while of doing this, that Astral "signposts", as in sounds, and visuals start to emerge.

I apologize for sending you guys to this video without watching it beforehand myself. Like I said, this is his newest version. It doesn't hurt to do his technique to the letter though. It will indeed teach you how to focus. But in time, you will find that this video was a useful "tool', but now you have created a method that is more comfortable for yourself personally.

astralee

Quote from: Lionheart on September 25, 2013, 19:43:05
I just watched this new version for the first time and I wish it was the old one.

In the old one, he just taught you to simply focus on the candle itself. He didn't have all the Chakra, Third Eye and energy talk in it. I didn't care for his "labels" on everything in this one as well. Half of what he said, I have found throughout this practice to be totally unnecessary.

The main thing is to just focus on the candle, then use that imprint to create a deeper focus target. You will then find that after a while of doing this, that Astral "signposts", as in sounds, and visuals start to emerge.

I apologize for sending you guys to this video without watching it beforehand myself. Like I said, this is his newest version. It doesn't hurt to do his technique to the letter though. It will indeed teach you how to focus. But in time, you will find that this video was a useful "tool', but now you have created a method that is more comfortable for yourself personally.
when i do this method i seem to fall asleep but im sitll focusing  on the candle not reacting is that whats ment to happen im still getting the visuals. 

CFTraveler

Don't think of an orange.  Don't!  Don't think of how it feels in your hand.  Don't!  Now, don't think of how it tastes when you bite into it.
You're welcome.
Why?

Lionheart

Quote from: CFTraveler on September 26, 2013, 16:39:14
Don't think of an orange.  Don't!  Don't think of how it feels in your hand.  Don't!  Now, don't think of how it tastes when you bite into it.
You're welcome.
Is that the new "key" to visualization, lol, cross/reverse psychology?  :-D

Szaxx

It must be when you think about the art.
You go to sleep, then go on an adventure that beats any film.
You close your eyes so you can see.
You think of next to nothing and get answers to nearly everything.
You meet entities that don't exist physically.

Its no wonder the scientists think we're batty. This is one subject they can't form a hypothesis around Newtonian principles.
:-o
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Lionheart on September 26, 2013, 17:26:24
Is that the new "key" to visualization, lol, cross/reverse psychology?  :-D
In a way.  Most people who think they can't visualize don't realize they can.  They just told themselves they can't because they assume visualization is the same as clairvoyance.  And it isn't.
Why?

astralee

I think iv got it do you change what your visualising in to 3d dream carictures in a dream setting.

Xanth

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?205-Part-2-NO-Visualization

Robert Bruce lays it out pretty straight in the above article.
The problem with people and visualization is that they believe the "visual" part of it.
There's nothing visual about visualization.  Please read the link... it's extremely informative.

raditus

The link was great, thanks! I read it and it was informative. I will definitely be using the information for my workings.

almos

Sticking with the outdated idea of visualization as primarily VISUAL activity...

There's an exercise I developed when I was seventeen that used to help me with developing visualization skills: imagine yourself seated in a train compartment and looking out to the moving scenery behind the window. Alternately you can imagine you're looking out of the window of the moving car. This way you're imagining a scene which has both the moving and the static elements, which I found to be more effective than focusing on either unmoving scene or a moving (rotating) object.