Astral projection TECHNIQUES FROM SETH (an entity)

Previous topic - Next topic

superman

Seth channelled by Jane Roberts is, I think, my greatest teacher along with Buddha and Jesus. When I started to read Seth 10 years ago, I felt like I was reborn and almost all of my goals and dreams became true. I just understood the nature of my mind and the reality. It is what made me aware in my dreams too.

Note: I know others channelled entities such as Bashar, Elias, Abraham Hicks... But to me (my personal opinion) they are just a low copy of what Seth already said. Even if all of them have their own "qualities". All of them talked about Seth and all of them agree that Seth is great :D

From The Early Sessions, Book 1 Astral Projection, Technique 1

These are my instructions. You may consider this your first lesson. We will go by easy stages, for we do not want you betwixt and between. You may induce a medium trance in whatever way you choose. On occasion this will be spontaneous, as you know. For best results in the beginning it is good to make a projection attempt when you already feel physically drowsy, but pleasantly so. When you have induced the trance state, then begin to examine your own subjective feelings until you find recognition of the inner self.   
This involves a recognition of yourself as distinct from the fleshy fibers in which you reside. Then begin to imagine this inner self rising upward. You should experience even at this point an internal sense of motion. This motion may be from side to side, as you gently shake yourself loose, so to speak.  It may be a rushing upward. Whichever motion you experience there will be a moment where you feel yourself, your identity and consciousness, definitely withdrawing from the physical organism. Before you attempt the projection, however, the suggestion should be given that the physical organism will be well protected and comfortable. Now when you feel the consciousness withdrawing, there are two things you may do. I suggest the first step I shall give you in preference to the second. The first step is this. Forget the physical body, or what you are to do with it. Will yourself out in a quick motion. There is no need to experience the voice hallucinations mentioned by the author, Fox. If the projection is a success you'll instantly lose contact consciously with the physical body. You simply will not be in it.  Now your consciousness will not be in it, but it is hardly lifeless. Its maintenance is being controlled by the consciousness of the individual cells and organs of which we have spoken. I will give you alternate methods of projecting, but I will be concerned now with what you can expect the few moments after you have left the physical body.  Session 265, Page 210   

Astral Projection, Technique 2

Your waking consciousness only participates in projections as a rule when you are in a period of high vitality, and exceptional health.   
On occasion the waking consciousness does participate during other usually very depressed periods. But generally speaking high energy is needed in order to maintain overall stability, and in order that the ego is not overstrained. Such conscious projections are automatically spaced out. In this way there is little danger that problems will arise.   
It is the same with the conscious retention of dreams in general. You are indeed exercising what amounts to an added ability. You are learning to manipulate within other dimensions of consciousness. Automatic controls are therefore used. You proceed as your abilities and control develop.  Suggestion given before sleep will greatly add to your chances of conscious projections from the dream state. It is not necessary, basically speaking, that you notice some small incongruous detail in order to realize while dreaming that you are dreaming. There is however one good method to use. The suggestion 'I will realize while dreaming that I am dreaming' can also be used, as another method, or both of these may be utilized together. At your stage it is of course easier if the actual separation of consciousness from the physical body occurs without your awareness. However the experience itself is excellent training. I have told you that these projections may carry you to different systems. In the beginning you are safer perhaps in those projections that involve your own reality.   There is not any great matter of danger, only that you could fall into blunders. The north-south position is most beneficial. It might be of benefit if you concentrate before sleep upon a simple projection that involves leaving the body, walking out into this room, for example, (the living room) or perhaps strolling around the block.  When falling off to sleep for example, imagine that you are in your yard, in another room of your apartment, or in front of the house. When this method is effective you will not be consciously aware of the actual separation however. I do not suggest at this point that you or Ruburt attempt to contact me during any projection. Later, when you have more training. If by chance you blunder (smile, eyes open) into my territory, then I will know it, and seek you out. Whenever you find yourself in any potentially dangerous dream situation during a projection, immediately terminate the dream. You will then return to an ordinary state of consciousness. Now. Mr. Fox is quite correct. When you know you are in a projection do not be tempted to tamper. There are forces that you do not yet understand. You will find that these projections become more vivid. I must repeat that these are quite valid. They are not hallucinations. Conscious projections do not occur with any frequency as far as a large percentage of humanity is concerned. Note that I speak only now of projections in which you are self-consciously aware.  The reasons are somewhat obvious. Conscious projections are dependent upon abilities and control. Also this ability and control presupposes a fairly disciplined personality. Otherwise we would have explosive outbursts of suddenly released aggressions in systems where they do not belong.  It is quite possible to meet survival personalities, incidentally, during such projections. This does not happen often, because so many other issues are necessary. It is also possible of course to move into your own future. - This occurs regularly, though not always with awareness. Projections into the past are also frequent. Because of some matters we have not yet discussed, at any rate deeply, it is possible to meet your own projection. You are accountable for acts committed during projections, of course, and these alter the personality as any acts do. If you have your wits about you, you can gain information concerning the future by studying your projection environment, if for any reason you suppose it to be ahead of you in time. Some of this is extremely complicated. You may for example request before sleep that you project into your own future, to see what occurs there. This is legitimate enough, if you are willing to accept the results of your projections. For what you see will influence what you do in the present. You will be projecting of course into the probable future as it exists for you at this point. The very act of projecting will alter these probabilities. I am not saying that this future environment is not real, however. It is as real as your present.   
Session 277, Page 305

Astral Projection, Technique 3

...he did so, and I highly recommend this method to you both. When you awaken, or seem to in the middle of the night, try simply to get out of the physical body. Simply try to get out of bed, you see, and to walk into another room white the physical body stays where it is.   
If you keep this in mind, generally speaking, then you will find yourself able to do so within a brief time. It is a pleasant and easy way to achieve a projection, and with some experience you will discover that you can maintain good control, walk out of your apartment, and outside. You may then attempt normal locomotion, or levitation.   
There is little strain with this method, and it has benefits from several viewpoints. Simply keep the method in mind so that you are alert to the initial favorable circumstances. You may be half awake. You may be in a false awakening. The method will work in either case. It offers good possibilities in another direction: you can, if you want to do so, look back at your own body. You must want to do this however. Often you do not want to see the body by itself, so to speak, and so you choose methods that make this more difficult. Just this one exercise will sharpen your control greatly. It is an ABC you see.  The experience will be must less startling to the ego than an abrupt projection, and the ordinary nature of the activities, walking into the next room for example, Will be reassuring. You are more calm, and in your own surroundings. Of course Ruburt was out of his body when he saw Miss Callahan, who was in the same condition.   
Session 298, Page 143

Hope this can help someone =)
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

TheOne

I love this! When I was a child I just read "astral projection" somewhere and that it's the practice of leaving the physical body. I didn't even search for how to do it, just got in my bed and did what this first technique describes. <3 It's amazing when you see your body for the first time :D

I'm now reading the full text of Seth Speaks. This is going to be interesting.

superman

That's one of my favorite with the nature of personal reality. Mind blowing books.
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

octave

I agree that Seth is an amazing teacher and those books are the ones that opened me up to the wider reality. I think the Elias material (http://www.eliasweb.org/Default.aspx) is the the best, most helpful and most distortion free material that carries on The Seth teachings, although by its very nature it reads as a little cold and clinical to some people.

I too find it very interesting when Seth talks about projection techniques. I believe he has many more passages on this subject. If I find them I will add them to this thread.

Karxx Gxx

Very interesting. And thanks for posting that link octave! Will help me move in the direction I want to go  :-D
Your way is The way

astralm

Thanks for sharing.  I have not personally read the Seth material myself, though I know many who have found it very enlightening.  One day perhaps I will get to it.  Part I found most interesting was about the concept of there being an individual consciousness in your cells that maintains your body during an OBE.

octave

some quotes from Seth, Dreams and Projections of Consciousness (New Awareness Network 1998 [originally published in 1986])

p 316-318

For all practical purposes, of course, you will usually find yourself in some sort of body form in your out-of-body experiences. These are a necessary camouflage, for you cannot yet think of identity without some kind of body, so ypu project in such a form. It varies according to your abilities, and without it, you would feel lost indeed. The form itself is not important but it can tell you something about the dimension in which you are having the experience.

The dream body is the one with which you are most familiar. It has been called the astral body. It strikes you as being physical when you are in it, but you can do things with it that can't be done ordinarily. You can levitate, for example. As a rule, however, you do not go through walls with this body. This is the body you use for ordinary dreams. Levitation is possible with it but on a limited basis.

When you enter a different dimension, the abilities of the body form change, and for all intents and purposes, it is a different body form - which we will call a mind form. It still seems physical in shape, but you can walk through physical matter with it. You can levitate much more freely, traveling within the solar system. But you cannot go further with it.

In the first form, it is possible to perceive the past, present or future on a limited basis. In the second form, this perception is increased, the scope of consciousness widened. This is the form you will use if you meet by appointment with others in the dream state.

The third we may call the true projection form. In it, it is possible to travel beyond your solar system and to perceive the past, present and futures of other systems as well as your own. The various forms that you use do not dictate your experience, however. You may begin in one form and change to another - or go from the first to the third. On such occasions you must pass through in reverse direction [on returning]. The forms merely represent stages of consciousness.

At physical death, after the last reincarnation, then the normal form is the dream body, and excursions are made from this point. It is possible, as mentioned, to suddenly switch from the third form to the dream body, but with a considerable jolt to consciousness.

There are, indeed, others that can help you in such experiences, and they can be of great assistance as guides. You will find projections much easier if your head is to the north.

p 320

I want to give you some idea of the conditions you may expect to meet in any successful projections, so that you will be prepared to some extent. For simplicity's sake, we will call the body forms discussed in our last session forms one, two and three.

Form one will spring out of an ordinary dream state. In spontaneous projections, you may become conscious in form one, project, return to the ordinary dream state and from there project again several times. You can expect these particular projections to be difficult to interpret now, though you may find the experience intact in the middle of any given dream record.

Your excursions with form one will be within your own system, largely connected to the earth, although past, present and future may be involved. You may, for example, visit New York in the year 2000.

The projections here are fairly short in duration, though exceptionally clear. You may encounter phantoms from your own subconscious, however, and they will seem exceedingly real. If you realize that you are projecting, you may simply order any unpleasant phantoms to disappear, and they will do so. You may banish a nightmare also, if you realize it is a product of your own subconscious. If you treat it as a reality, however, then you must deal with it as such until you realize its origin or return to the ordinary dream state.

In form two you will not, as a rule, encounter any subconscious phantoms. Ordinary dream elements will not be as frequent, nor will they intrude as much. A longer duration of projection is possible. The vividness is extraordinary. Here you will begin to perceive constructions quite clearly that are not your own, where earlier these are but dimly glimpsed. A certain period of orientation will be necessary, simply because these other constructions may seem bewildering. Some will exist in your future. Some may have existed in your past, and some were thought of but never materialized.

But the reality of all these constructions will be equally vivid, you see, for they are, indeed, equally real. I will give you a simple example. You may find yourself in a room with certain people. Later, upon waking, you realize that both the people and the setting belong to a particular sequence in a novel. You think then: "this was no projection, then, but only a dream."

It may, however, be a valid projection. The room and people exist, but not in a way that you endorse as reality. They exist in another dimension, but as a rule, you cannot perceive it. [To Rob:] The paintings that you will paint exist now. It is possible to project yourself into one of your own future landscapes. This would not be an imaginative projection. This is what I am trying to tell you.

You may find yourself, for example, in the middle of a battle that was once planned in some general's mind, a battle that never materializd in physical reality. In such a case, incidentally, you were not part of the battle and could not be harmed. However, you might be attracted enough to project yoursef spontaneously into the body of one of the soldiers, in which case you would experience pain until your own fear pulled you back. As you learn control, such mistakes vanish.

will type more when time allows.

baro-san

Thanks for these quotes. I wonder if anybody has quotes in which Seth explained why are we (re)incarnating, what is the purpose. Also if he said anything about karma. Thanks.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

octave

the thing with the early Seth stuff is that he uses terms like reincarnation just to introduce the idea of multiple focuses, because the material was so new at the time. Each of us is part of an essence (think wider consciousness gestalt or 'soul' if you want') that has multiple (think thousands) of focuses on earth (and elsewhere). To the essence, they experience all these focuses at once and so there is no linear reincarnation to all intents and purposes, simply a diversity of experience. The purpose is to experience consciousness in a diversity of ways. All consciousness seeks to expand.

As far as I can recall Karma isn't a part of the way Seth explains reality and he certainly doesn't espouse any of that stuff about people having to pay for things done in other lives. That's not to say that events in other focuses (or incarnations if you want) don't effect this life, as we often choose to incarnate in multiple focuses surrounded by essences we have shared experiences with before and people can often sense these deep connections and sometimes even remember events from other incarnations. If you lead a really messed up life it will simply be a much more laborious process to transition once you die, as it will be more difficult to work past the kind of belief systems you will have been operating with when you were alive.

If I happen to see any specific quotes about it I'll post them but that's the gist.

baro-san

Quote from: octave on December 05, 2017, 15:45:38
the thing with the early Seth stuff is that he uses terms like reincarnation just to introduce the idea of multiple focuses, because the material was so new at the time. Each of us is part of an essence (think wider consciousness gestalt or 'soul' if you want') that has multiple (think thousands) of focuses on earth (and elsewhere). To the essence, they experience all these focuses at once and so there is no linear reincarnation to all intents and purposes, simply a diversity of experience. The purpose is to experience consciousness in a diversity of ways. All consciousness seeks to expand.

As far as I can recall Karma isn't a part of the way Seth explains reality and he certainly doesn't espouse any of that stuff about people having to pay for things done in other lives. That's not to say that events in other focuses (or incarnations if you want) don't effect this life, as we often choose to incarnate in multiple focuses surrounded by essences we have shared experiences with before and people can often sense these deep connections and sometimes even remember events from other incarnations. If you lead a really messed up life it will simply be a much more laborious process to transition once you die, as it will be more difficult to work past the kind of belief systems you will have been operating with when you were alive.

If I happen to see any specific quotes about it I'll post them but that's the gist.

Thanks. It sounds interesting.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

baro-san

From sethlearningcenter.org:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF EXISTENCE?
WHY WAS I BORN?

From the book "The Seth Material:"

"... you must be taught and trained to create responsibly. Yours is a training system for emerging consciousness."

"You are learning to be cocreators. You are learning to be gods as you now understand the term. You are learning responsibility- the responsibility of any individualized consciousness. You are learning to handle the energy that is yourself, for creative purposes."

From "The Early Sessions:"

"The child must mature, and your system is a maturing ground, a very primary one.... A beginning school..."

"The human race is a stage though which various forms of consciousness travel. Before you can be allowed into systems of reality that are more extensive and open, you must first learn to handle energy and see, through physical materialization, the concrete result of thought and emotion."

"In more advanced systems, thoughts, and emotions are automatically and immediately translated into action, into whatever approximation of matter there exists. Therefore, the lessons must be taught and learned well. The responsibility for creation must be clearly understood."

According to Seth, the physical world can be thought of as an elementary school. We are all enrolled in a cosmic grade school and we are here to learn AND to enjoy our being. In the fertile soil of physical reality we are meant to grow and blossom.

Our day to day experience is our classroom
, and we are learning the A.B.C.'s of how to use energy so that we can become conscious co-creators with the Univeral Spirit, Mind, God, All THAT IS, or whatever term you prefer. On the one hand we are each unique manifestations of the Universal Spirit/All That Is, and on the other hand we are individual "infant" gods, or gods in training.

One of the most important lessons to be learned is that we create our own reality, according to our thoughts, emotions and beliefs. We each have access to unlimited energy and the inner knowledge of our "soul" or greater identity, and we are supposed to learn how to use our awesome power with skill and wisdom.
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

baro-san

"The basic idea of karma is not punishment. Karma presents the opportunity for development; to make use of opportunities that were not taken advantage of, to fill in gaps of ignorance, to enlarge understanding through experience, to do what should be done."

The Early Sessions, Book 8
Session 388, Page 158
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

superman

I cannot say enough how Important it is to read Seth! It changed my life forever. Its like talking with an almost omnicient being... he says that he is still "growing" but from our human perspective he knows so much. It feels infinite. I feel so blessed to read him since my 17 year. His books and the texts of Buddha. You never go back... I think that my projections started the month I started reading Seth and those experiences were incredible.
Even if Seths may sound spiritual he is not... its so practical and scientific... he is very funny and wise. Its not like some serious guru... his teachings are so fun, yet so profound.
The core message is what all others try to "copy" lately in new age/spiritual community. The message is that YOU ARE RESPONSABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR OWN LIFE AND THAT YOU CREATE EVERY SECOND OF YOUR EXPERIENCE. That no outside energy affects you. Here or in another dimensions. You are never "victim" of others nor the outside: because everything in your experience is a feedback of your own energy.

Krishanna

That's interesting. I know Frank loved Seth & read all the books. It is what started his success with phasing. I should read those now. Thank you.

astralm

Quote from: Krishanna on December 15, 2017, 04:06:37
That's interesting. I know Frank loved Seth & read all the books. It is what started his success with phasing. I should read those now. Thank you.

Tom Campbell has also stated that while he was reading everything on this subject and discussing with Robert Monroe back in the 70's the Seth material was the most accurate they found.  Though he has also stated that channel work is a tricky thing and everything is still filtered through Jane's experience and so to take everything at its word could cause issues.  He mostly brings up this point in response to Seth saying time is an illusion and the past, present, and future exist at the same time... which is not a view Tom holds.

superman

That's something Seth talked a lot... he explained why Jane was the "tool" and not someone else... he said that Jane distorted the material because her mind could never reflect it perfectly but he said that those distortions were minimum. She had the best "mindset" or blueprint in her mind for what wanted to express. And he precised that she was not just a passive tool for the message... he expresses that she and Seth (himself) are part of the same "entity".

Its interesting how almost every spiritual or astral "guru" talks about Seth. He clearly inspired a lot of popular people. Yet he directly is not that popular.

rem92

Hey guys, I have never heard of Seth before, Whats the main source to get into his teachings or texts as a whole?

baro-san

Quote from: rem92 on March 29, 2018, 17:06:39
Hey guys, I have never heard of Seth before, Whats the main source to get into his teachings or texts as a whole?

I suggest you start google-ing "seth roberts', read the wikipedia page, check some youtube videos, then read some of the Seth quotes collections widely available on the internet.
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

Xanth

Quote from: astralm on December 15, 2017, 17:40:09
Tom Campbell has also stated that while he was reading everything on this subject and discussing with Robert Monroe back in the 70's the Seth material was the most accurate they found.  Though he has also stated that channel work is a tricky thing and everything is still filtered through Jane's experience and so to take everything at its word could cause issues.  He mostly brings up this point in response to Seth saying time is an illusion and the past, present, and future exist at the same time... which is not a view Tom holds.
I just wanted to quickly point out, it's not that "the past, present, and future exist at the same time", nor is that exactly Tom's point of view.
It's that the only thing which exists is "NOW"... nothing outside of this NOW point of existence actually exists.
What Tom refers to when he talks about "time" is that he refers to it in relation to the "database" concept.

The past / present database and the future database.  Everything which COULD/MIGHT happen is contained within the database as "unactualized" data (meaning it never actually happened) and the stuff that ACTUALLY happens is referred to as the "actualized" database... or the actual path through the database which actually happened.  This is why you can access these databases and run scenarios of how things might have played out had other events/choices been made.  Keeping in mind that at that point, you're now also referencing that "future database" and the further you go in the future, the less accurate it becomes.

Does that make sense?  So, the only thing which truly exists is NOW... and everything that happened before is actualized with choices not made being unactualized.