Astral Projection/OOBE – Then and Now

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Then – What the heck, leave me alone. I need sleep, buries head under pillow.

Now – I still don't care for it. I don't like being dragged, pulled, pushed out of my body. It is totally not necessary. (These are my thoughts and probably relevant only to me). That sucking, popping, clicking weird energy is just really uncomfortable. I've never trained in or practiced deep meditation/trance but I can see where that would be very helpful. If my lifestyle were different I likely would do this as I have done enough to know that there is a difference to the overall projection experience during these states. However lucid dreams take me to the same place where the astral experience (for me) is the same and it fits my lifestyle. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Points to Ponder
hmm, I don't really ponder this. I know what works for me. I try not to comment on others techniques with the exception of saying LDs can get you to the same place. I know many do not agree but I don't see many others having as clear and lucid dreams as I do and quite often do not feel they are getting the full experience.

ETA: For those of you who have had these experiences since childhood, what do notice that is different between now and then?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Maybe I'm not fully understanding: You are getting poked/pushed/pulled out into an etheric/RTZ obe when you really don't want to? And you prefer the LD variety?

My suggestion would be the possibility that you are being challenged to add some new exit methods to your repertoire. Lumaza first turned me onto this idea as a possible explanation for when an exit method quits working for a person. Your Higher Self/Guides may be literally dragging you, kicking and screaming...lol.

Then again, on a serious note, there could be a valid reason that needs your attention at that particular vibration? Accept the exit and ask the question, Why do you want me here? What am I supposed to see?

My obes as a child were a mixture of dreams, LDs and etheric obes. When I re-started the practice in 2006, it was all etheric/RTZ but pretty quickly moved into a mixture and then solely Phasing directly. The last couple years has been mostly LDs with the quality increasing dramatically over time.

Hope that answer is somewhere in the ballpark... :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

You're right on the ball with the pushing, pulling and only missed the being flung around the end of a mad hosepipe with a million pounds per square inch pressure of water flying out of it. The noise is also similar lol.
It's part and parcel of the experience, you can accept it and its this change of mindset that makes the problem go away, (sort of).
As EV mentioned, ask questions as to the purpose of these experiences. You may  find the answer and a bonus too, you are more than ready for it :wink:.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Nameless

EV - You are always in the ball park and I always look forward to your replies. I'm not really looking for personal answers with this then and now series so much as hoping to get some insight into the differences between then (child) and now (adult) experiences. It seems as children all of these experiences come naturally and easily along with a good amount of fear of the boogey man. Our understanding may have been limited but our ability was phenomenal.

If we can retain that wide-eyed wonder we had as children then getting to and interacting in the NP should be easy as pie.

Love this -
QuoteMy suggestion would be the possibility that you are being challenged to add some new exit methods to your repertoire. Lumaza first turned me onto this idea as a possible explanation for when an exit method quits working for a person. Your Higher Self/Guides may be literally dragging you, kicking and screaming...lol.
:lol:

Interesting that you started with LDs (possibly quite naturally) and ended (so far) with LDs. Have you abandoned most of the other stuff and if so is it because you too find the LDs just fit you better?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Nameless

Szaxx - I laughed so hard I almost peed myself!! Reminds me of the time I was having an interesting conversation with a woman and a 'shadow' snatched me from behind and threw me into the middle of a wheat field. WTH! That just wasn't nice. lol

I have been asking but have not gotten answers besides those downloads we talked about. And those are more puzzle than answer and I haven't gotten any more of those lately. I don't know what to think of that.

Phildan1

Quote from: Nameless on September 20, 2016, 08:42:04
Szaxx - I laughed so hard I almost peed myself!! Reminds me of the time I was having an interesting conversation with a woman and a 'shadow' snatched me from behind and threw me into the middle of a wheat field. WTH! That just wasn't nice. lol

I have been asking but have not gotten answers besides those downloads we talked about. And those are more puzzle than answer and I haven't gotten any more of those lately. I don't know what to think of that.

Lol this if funny :D I never had any of those sensations yet, but I wished for them for a few times too. Somebody got them and don't want them, and others who want to experience more like those pulling things, got nothing lol. I need to work myself out by myself and my selves or helpers giving me informations daily - a true guide teaches us and let us work out the actual problems as I see. I just try to be more open and analyze everything and I see how I get information or answer telepathically daily in any ways which are my ways to catch my thinking. But projection or phasing is something which is similar to any task or hard tasks to do in my life, I need to work them out piece by piece.
But I've read this issue from others that pulling sensation is your subconscious, bigger self. Some others really can't imagine how powerful their subconscious and they get these events lol.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Nameless

Keep going Phil, you've got the desire and that will pay off for you. I don't why some people seem to be born with certain talents and others aren't. Maybe it's just genetics. But if you do find yourself being jerked around 'out there' someday just remember we told you so. Haha

Phildan1

Quote from: Nameless on September 20, 2016, 14:13:51
Keep going Phil, you've got the desire and that will pay off for you. I don't why some people seem to be born with certain talents and others aren't. Maybe it's just genetics. But if you do find yourself being jerked around 'out there' someday just remember we told you so. Haha

I remember when I've read all of Frank's posts in the pdf, that I think there are people who has the talent to do it in no time. It is like somebody has physchic abilities. I think he said that before the actual physical life, we can work some abilities out there and use them here. Well the other way is true - we can gain certain abilities when we travel there while our main focus is here. I would like to do it too lol.
But certainly, I've learnt a lot from him, he diminishes all the mystical belief traps in his texts and clears down the picture.

So some people project out instantly, most of them as I saw are the ones, who can't ever reproduce it. Because we need to learn to do it. And others like me, need to work it out piece by piece as I see now, how to do it; and don't give up, because indeed it will pay itself out lol. I'm doing it since a year and the first 8-9 months was about chakra ignition, I could say a waste of time. Now I'm with phasing - classical etheric OBE is a hard thing. But it was useful, I learnt to breath properly and switch away, keep my mind calm, keep focus etc. It was needed as I see now. We can't avoid steps.

As we discussed it with Szaxx, others who have success fast, are crying out for guides and they pull them out. This is like you're saying to yourself help me please lol. Many needs to grow up still.

Nameless

There's definitely a lot of growing up to do. And that certainly applies to me too. Even though all this came quite naturally to me I still don't have nearly enough answers but I have learned to just live with the mystery. I never really thought much about guides till I started reading here. It took me a while to realize that I have always had guides, I just called them angels or dead people or whatever. I now know that all of them were indeed guides and that each of them come when it's their time to.

I don't for a minute think they are all just me or higher selves of me - some maybe. But whether they are or not they are each as individual as you and I.

I'm pretty sure I've read Frank's pdf, I've read so much I can't possibly remember it all. I take from all of it anything that seems to apply to me personally and leave the rest. I'm really happy to come across anyone who is willing to let go of the mystical, superstitious and religious dogma surrounding this.

Phildan1

Yes, of course there could be other individuals, likely to help us if it is needed, not just our aspects :D Maybe we have "long lost friends" too.