News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral Vision

Previous topic - Next topic

Contenteo

Projection came up in conversation the other day and I was asked a question, that, I hate to say, I was rather stumped to come up with a good answer.

Do you have eyes in the astral?

Could these 'eyes' be linked to REM sleep? Could you control these if you wanted? How does peripheral REALLY work?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Contenteo

Bedeekin

I can say with a fair degree of certainty.. No. eyes are a physical reality based mechanism for picking up wavelengths of light that is decoded by the brain. They are made of meat... the brain is meat based. In the PMR we are meat based products. In the nonphysical there is no 'meat'.

Many times... if I take note of my vision or focus upon what I am seeing... I get a 360 visual impression of my surroundings. There are no binocular effects. You don't judge distance by two images being brought together like here.

Lionheart

I agree with Bedeekin. Because we can see in 360 degree, we have to be seeing through something more than just our eyes. I just call it my "point of view" to simplify things.

Contenteo

That was precisely my first thoughts Bedeedkin.  :-D

Whatever we are sensing in there its definitely not light, although some semblance of the physics of directional optics appear to be present. (Shadows,shading etc.)

I too get the 360 'knowing' sensation at times too. That's the wrench in the works. Because its not always like that consistently throughout experiences.

I would categorize most of my experiences having some directional field of view. This combined with all the accounts I have read about 'people looking down and seeing their astral body', etc. makes it tough to not entertain or ask the question.

Why is their a directional element to perception?

Cheers,
Contenteo

NoY

why cant you just have 3 eyes?

:NoY:

Xanth

I'm pretty much on the same page as Bedeekin here.

It'd be interesting to see if people could do experiments in the non-physical to get these answers.
But, I'm actually wondering if the answer would really be any different than this physical reality... Hmmm...  ;)

Lionheart

Last night I had a NPR experience from a Dream State that I would like to share here. It really drives the "point of view" scenario home.
I become aware of a pyramidal 3 prong set of lightning bolts. There is absolutely nothing in front of it but darkness. Behind it are star clusters, planets, different kinds of nebulae, etc. These 3 electrical bolts are wildly sparking in space, when they finally hit together, they create anew. I see also that this "mechanism" is moving forward. I can see 360 degrees with just a simple intent. There is no turning of my head or anything. This phenomenon seems to be creating either our or another universe. It's almost like it is a reverse black hole. Where a black hole devours everything, this phenomenon creates everything. I also ponder if this might be what is on the other side of a black hole. That one creates and one devours, just like some kind of cosmic recycling device. This gives new meaning to the "hands of creation" saying. 
Forgive me for my rather vague deception here, some things are just too amazing to put into simple words.

Contenteo

Ok,

Warning: Graphic, but interesting.

So I had an interesting NPR experience/dream last night that absolutely belongs here. I don't have bad dreams often, but this one was interesting. After a string of dreams, and waking up a few times as early morning came in. I had this one dream, not a familiar place, but with a few familiar people. Probably 8 in total. 3 people I definitely knew. I was in a weird set of rooms that was set up like a ropes course. You had to go around the outside. I went along the outside, which it was a very far fall in the middle and through some sort of events swung and hit the edge of my temple very hard on a piece of wood. It wasn't bad, but it was swollen. I kept thinking it was bad, and of course, it slowly got worse. Worse and worse and worse progressively, until my right eye itself was thrashed. I was kind of freaking out at this point, you know asking people for medical help, but there was none in the vicinity. the people around me were saying things like, '$hit dude, that's bad' i even got a couple of third person glimpses of myself with a thrashed eyeball. Not the prettiest sight. it even bulged out at the very end. The intesting thing though, was that at that point. I stopped seeing out of my right side of my vision. Yes, it had the same appearance as it stopped working. I remember vividly freaking out, hitting the side of my head like a television set, hoping it would snap back. But that part of my vision was gone.

At this point I woke, up, a little early, but stayed up. I didn't want to go back to that  :-D. The main idea isn't the nightmare occurred,  At no point was I scared, just worried about losing my right eye. You can see the F2- perpetual effect phenomenally in this experience.

My point is that I definitely had two eyes in this experience. And a shining example of it too dare I say.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralsuzy

Perhaps I am wrong.  My answer is different to everyone else.  I always thought we do have astral eyes.  When I am in the astral I feel my face and it feels just like my physical face.  It is extremely real the way it feels.

Astralsuzy

One more thing to say.  When I am in the astral and I am looking in the mirror, I see how I would see myself physically.  The only thing that is different is my clothes that I am wearing. 

Contenteo

Have you ever seen your face Suzy?

Mine is always covered or obfuscated in bizarre ways whenever I happen to have a glimpse through some means.

Oh, and I guess I never stated it in the main topic, but when I posted this initially, I was interested in whether we had two eyes or simply one perceptional lens, like a movie camera.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralsuzy

I have seen myself in the mirror in the astral.  I have two eyes, face, head etc, just like my physical self.  It looks the same as my physical self.  I do not see any difference except the clothes that I wear in the astral.