Seeing through closed eyelids all the time?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusions

Some of you have probably experienced it already, before trying to sleep, (you focus more with your non-physical senses I guess) and you see your room while your eye lids are completely close.

This now happens for me all the time, I meditate before going to sleep for 20 min, after the first 2 min my eyes are adjusted and I can now vaguely see my body's energy and the walls in my room.

Do you have this?

(I thought it would be pretty cool to get some scientific study done on this (or me) to maybe prove a bit more about or spirit or something.)
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

Szaxx

You need a large play clock on your wall.
You spin the hands and let go not looking at them at all, hopefully with no light in the room. You assume your position where you can see the clock but wear one of those sleep masks over your eyes. Tape may help here but thats a last resort lol.
Strut your stuff to the point of seeing through your eyelids, the mask makes no difference. When sure of the displayed time you immediately get up and remove the mask to see the results. A torch/flashlight is helpful in a blacked out room.
Let us all know your results.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralsuzy

When your eyes are closed and you can see, you are in the position to ap if you want to.    I ap when that happened.    I got out of my body.

Fusions

Quote from: Szaxx on May 30, 2014, 18:36:50
You need a large play clock on your wall.
You spin the hands and let go not looking at them at all, hopefully with no light in the room. You assume your position where you can see the clock but wear one of those sleep masks over your eyes. Tape may help here but thats a last resort lol.
Strut your stuff to the point of seeing through your eyelids, the mask makes no difference. When sure of the displayed time you immediately get up and remove the mask to see the results. A torch/flashlight is helpful in a blacked out room.
Let us all know your results.
Good idea! I don't have a play clock though.

Here is a video of a guy who basically mastered this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBBkfQcRoY&feature=youtu.be

Fusions

Quote from: Astralsuzy on May 30, 2014, 23:11:42
When your eyes are closed and you can see, you are in the position to ap if you want to.    I ap when that happened.    I got out of my body.
In some cases maybe, but I see after a few min with my eyes closed almost all the time.

Szaxx

Ok on not having a clock. How about something of a suitable size you can see and move randomly without knowing the results.
A circle of card with easy to read markings pinned to the wall for example.
Or even some different length clothing put into a box, mixed then carefully pinched out and left hanging in an appropriate position.
Imagination is all it takes.

It's worth doing for sure.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Raymond

i have this happen occasionally when I meditate before trying to astral project, its usually only a short glimpse outside my closed eyelids. When it happens it seems accurate though.
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

Fusions

Quote from: Szaxx on May 31, 2014, 12:26:59
Ok on not having a clock. How about something of a suitable size you can see and move randomly without knowing the results.
A circle of card with easy to read markings pinned to the wall for example.
Or even some different length clothing put into a box, mixed then carefully pinched out and left hanging in an appropriate position.
Imagination is all it takes.

It's worth doing for sure.
That's smart, I could try the clothing thing, it doesn't happen to me all the time though (It happened a few nights in a row at the time I made the topic ^^). But it's still very vague and blurry, not at all like the guy in the video.

Raymond

When it happens to me Fusion, the images act like hypnagocic imagery in that they are very 'fragile'! Like if I focus my attention on them they dissapear. Is that whats it like for you?
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

Lionheart

Quote from: Raymond on June 11, 2014, 23:16:15
When it happens to me Fusion, the images act like hypnagocic imagery in that they are very 'fragile'! Like if I focus my attention on them they dissapear. Is that whats it like for you?
Raymond, this used to happen to me often as well. I rectified it by just passively observing the imagery. Instead of focusing deeper on it.

Now, if it was imagery that I created through intent and jump started myself, then I would definitely keep a deep focus on it.

Fusions

Quote from: Raymond on June 11, 2014, 23:16:15
I have that too but this is different, it is looking through the eyelids in real time (or with a slight delay actually).

Fourthdimension

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted on here for a while. I just wanted to addd to this topic.

Sometimes I can see through my closed eyelids but mostly it's not my room. I end up seeing another scene while lying in bed conscious.

What's this? Is it like phasing?
Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

AAAAAAAA

I get it when I meditate to. I feel that the best explanation for this is Szaxx's signature. "There's far more where the eye can't see. Close your eyes and open your mind." I take that quite literally. Reason being - we are limited in this physical form, but when we learn to travel by other means than a physical body, we no longer have the barriers that flesh and bone give us.

Xanth

I'm *almost* certain that this phenomenon of "seeing through closed eyelids" isn't what it seems to be.
It's not seeing THROUGH closed eyelids... it's hypnogogic imagery, with what you're seeing being a created environment, created in much the same way as the environment you experience when you have a false awakening.   

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Xanth on June 15, 2014, 20:45:30
I'm *almost* certain that this phenomenon of "seeing through closed eyelids" isn't what it seems to be.
It's not seeing THROUGH closed eyelids... it's hypnogogic imagery, with what you're seeing being a created environment, created in much the same way as the environment you experience when you have a false awakening.   

False awakening? I thought we were talking about this phenomenon whilst meditating.

Xanth

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on June 15, 2014, 20:48:30
False awakening? I thought we were talking about this phenomenon whilst meditating.
Have you read my book?  It kind of explains my entire perspective.  :)

No offense, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain it all right now.  LoL

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Xanth on June 15, 2014, 20:59:02
Have you read my book?  It kind of explains my entire perspective.  :)

No offense, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain it all right now.  LoL

Well I know what false awakening is. And none taken. I will take the time to read your book. But meditation and false awakening are two different things.

Xanth

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on June 15, 2014, 21:02:24
Well I know what false awakening is. And none taken. I will take the time to read your book. But meditation and false awakening are two different things.
I wasn't comparing the two in my post.  Read carefully what I was saying above.

I'll quote it again here for you:
Quote from: Xanth on June 15, 2014, 20:45:30
I'll add that... it isn't what it seems to be, that it's not the physical reality you're seeing.

Anyway, what you believe a false awakening to be and what I believe a false awakening to be probably differ slightly.  However, it's all in my book.  :)

Fusions

When it occurs, I can see my arms moving/the room/objects in the room moving in real time, that's not hypnogogic imagery. I can get up, look at my body and at the room (with a sleep mask on) etc.

Hypnogogic imagery happens when I am at the brink of sleep, and when I look at the images or focus on them they disappear, or when I move my body.

Xanth

Quote from: Fusions on June 16, 2014, 15:57:34
When it occurs, I can see my arms moving/the room/objects in the room moving in real time, that's not hypnogogic imagery. I can get up, look at my body and at the room (with a sleep mask on) etc.

Hypnogogic imagery happens when I am at the brink of sleep, and when I look at the images or focus on them they disappear, or when I move my body.
This is why this is so frustrating trying to teach people whose cups are already full.

You're talking about a projection.  Not being able to see through closed eyelids.  You're already projecting.
I've found when people discuss this topic, especially through meditation, they're talking about few second glimpses... those are hypnogogic imagery, not of your surrounding area, but of... the best way I can say is conscious or subconscious expectations of your surrounding area.

Fusions

Quote from: Xanth on June 16, 2014, 16:49:08
This is why this is so frustrating trying to teach people whose cups are already full.

You're talking about a projection.  Not being able to see through closed eyelids.  You're already projecting.
I've found when people discuss this topic, especially through meditation, they're talking about few second glimpses... those are hypnogogic imagery, not of your surrounding area, but of... the best way I can say is conscious or subconscious expectations of your surrounding area.
Maybe your cup is full, I am wide awake in physical reality while experiencing that (I don't think that's what you mean with a projection right). And there not glimpses at all.

Lionheart

I had a False Awakening projection yesterday. I thought it was hilarious. One of those things that you had to be there to see the comedy in it.

My shoulder was bothering so I laid down for a nap at about 2:30 pm. The next thing I knew I was sitting at my computer. My computer sits on a table/shelf unit made for the computer. So it's recessed back about a foot and half away from me.
I heard some chatter behind me and looked in that direction. We have 2 Chinchillas and large Chinchilla "hotel" there. Our Chins are spoiled, lol. Anyways, I saw that both of them had a clear/colored Tupperware container over top of them. I then looked over to MJ, who was sitting in the room and asked her if today was cleaning day for the Chins. For some reason the upside down containers over our Chins wasn't the hint that something was a amiss, lol.
I looked back at the computer and now I saw Nilly (one of the Chins) sitting in front of me wrestling with what looked like our Squirrel finger puppet. I had bought that finger puppet to tease our other Chinchilla Chilly about 4 years ago. Chilly died though, so we got two new Chins, one named Willy, the other Nilly. MJ named them, so no jokes please, lol.
I thought that was weird, but still wasn't tipped off to the fact that I was Dreaming. Until, the finger puppet started to fight back. Then I said "Wait a second here, I'm Dreaming".

Once I said that, the scene faded to black. I tried to get back into it for about 10 minutes. But my adventure had run it's course, so I just woke up.

When I awoke the time was 4:30. I had been asleep for about 2 hours.