B. Moen's Exploring 3D Blackness Chat Transcript

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny

Hi everyone,

The following is an excerpt of the 12-5-02 Exploring The 3D Blackness Chat by  Bruce Moen...describing what the 3D Blackness is, how to get to it and how to use it to be anywhere you intend, instantaneously.

Enjoy----:O)

Much love,

Ginny

There are some interesting "places" to explore and one of the most interesting I ran across
early on was an area of consciousness I call the 3D Blackness.  That stands for 3 dimensional Blackness.
I accidently :d) stumbled into this place several times early on.
If you close your eyes
and it's easier to do this in a darkened room,
and focus your attention on looking at what your closed eyes are seeing,
you would probably say you're seeing a sort of flat, two dimensional blackness, 2D Blackness.
Kind of like looking at a flat screen image of blackness before your eyes.
I'm not sure exactly how to describe how to shift your focus of attention to
the 3D Blackness, other than placing intent to do so, but
when you shift your focus of attention to 3D Blackness
it's unmistakable that you are there.
There is a definite shift in the feeling quality you are experiencing and
instead of a flat, 2D Blackness you realize that you are peering into
blackness that has depth.
It's like you can change the depth you are looking into it, sort of like the feeling of
looking at a scene with your eyes open, but
changing between focusing on an object that is near or far away,
there is a definite feeling of being able to look deeply into this 3D Blackness, or looking closely into it, or anywhere in between.
There is also a "velvet" quality to this 3D Blackness, like it's both smooth and grainy at
the same time.
Moving your eyes from side to side it's like you can see the velvety graininess going by.
This 3D Blackness is, in my view, a specific, individual area of consciousness and
it's one that can be quite useful for exploring other realities.

The many times I managed to shift my focus of attention to the 3D Blackness I was only there for very short periods of time.
<
I'd get there and think, Oh WOW! I'm there!  And in the next moment I'd be back in 2D blackness.

I had to learn to relax and just let myself be there once I arrived.

My first experiments with this area of consciousness happened accidently :d) too.
I'd been intending to try to visit some deceased person before I began my relaxing breaths
and then found myself peering into the depths of the 3D Blackness.  I'd learned how to just sort of
relax and allow myself to be there, so I didn't pull myself out of there.
As I peered into the 3D Blackness I could see that it was all very uniform,
the same shade of black if you will, then, as I moved my eyes looking from side to side and up and down,
I noticed there was a small area that was darker than the surrounding blackness.
This caught my attention and I wondered why this little area was darker.  I focused my attention on this spot, it looked like a sort of dark swirl,
I was trying to see it's shape and movement and thought, If I got closer to it maybe I'd
be able to see it better, so
I thought about moving toward it.
 started to feel myself move,

I was suddenly somewhere else.
As I looked around I realized I was near the deceased person I had originally intended to visit with.
Big surprise!
At first I didn't get any connection between these two events.
But, as I continued exploring our afterlife, intending to find a certain person, or visit some area like the Education Center, or other Center,

sometimes I'd find myself in the 3D Blackness, peering into its depth, and looking it over intently,
Then I notice a small area that was different than the surrounding blackness.  Sometimes
this would be a darker swirl, sometimes a small area that was a little lighter,
sometimes just a small area that appeared to be very active, like the blackness in that area was jittering.

or jiggling.
I'd focus my attention on the spot, think about moving toward it, and
suddenly I'd be in the place I'd originally intended to go.
Eventually I realized that this 3D Blackness was sort of like a Hub or central location for "portals" or "gateways"
I imagined it was a place that had tubes running from it to any other area of consciousness that existed.
Something or someone kept helping me shift my focus of attention to this 3D Blackness, or I was just becoming more aware of the process of "going" to the people and places I wanted to visit.
Eventually, I realized that if there was any person or place or thing I wanted to visit or explore all
  You can learn the Art of Retrieval using Bruce's workshop tapes.Order at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/ccpage.html
I had to do was to intentionally shift my focus of attention to the 3D Blackness,
then I'd say the name of the person I wanted to visit, in my mind, or the name of the place I wanted to go,
then I'd just start looking for one of those 'discontinuities' in the 3D Blackness.
As soon as I found one I'd just focus attention on it and in the next moment I'd BE THERE
Some here tonight have already found this area of consciousness called the 3D Blackness and
by some of the posts on the Conversation Board it's pretty obvious some have learned to use it in the way I've just described.
I wish it was easier for me to describe how one finds the 3D Blackness, describe the feeling quality of it, give better clues that other folks could use to shift there focus of attention there.  Because,

it's such a great navigational tool for getting from point A to point B.
For those of you interested in exploring for the 3D Blackness and exploring it directly,
I'd suggest you begin in a darkened room.
The reason I suggest this is because
there will be less physical light stimulating your retina,
not that it can't be found any where but a darkened room, it's just that
it's a little easier to start that way.
With your eyes closed, take in some deep relaxing breaths,
-irc.after-death.com- *** Notice
Remember the feeling of being relaxed,
Let memory of that feeling help you relax a little more deeply as
you continue taking in relaxing breaths.
When you can feel a difference in your level of relaxation that's a good start,

for this 3D Blackness exercise it's worth spending a little more time than usual
to allow yourself to relax deeply.
Then,
with your eyes still closed look closely at the blackness before your eyes,

examine it.  describe it, feel it,
at first it will probably appear to be flat, two dimensional blackness,
Then, say in your mind,

I desire to explore the 3D Blackness, place intent.
 For information regarding Bruce's workshops, visit Bruce's website: http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com or you may email Bruce at bamoen@msn.com

Then, continue to look into that flat blackness,
move your physical eyes a little from time to time, as if you
are looking at 'things' within this blackness.
At some point you may feel a shift in the feeling quality of that blackness,
for me it's a feeling like being drawn into a scene I'm looking at,
you know how you can just look at a scene and not be drawn into to it, or
you can 'look into a scene' in a way that your attention is drawn to details within the scene?
the feeling is similar.  Wish I could describe it better, but that doesn't matter,
if you place your intent to explore the 3D Blackness and peer into the flat blackness

before your eyes, at some point you'll feel the shift and then realize you are peering into a different kind of blackness, a velvety, blackness with depth.
  You can learn the Art of Retrieval using Bruce's workshop tapes.Order at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/ccpage.html
When you notice you can peer into its depth you'll know you've made the shift of your focus of attention to the 3D Blackness.
Fascinating place.

As I said earlier,
the first several times I arrived there I pulled myself right back out moments after arriving because
BruceMoen> I began thinking about having arrived.  The area of consciousness I'm in when I'm thinking that way is a different area than the 3D Blackness.
BruceMoen> it's okay.  Just relax and intend to shift to 3D Blackness again, look closely at the
BruceMoen> flat blackness, and at some point you'll make that shift again.
BruceMoen> EAch time you make that shift take note of the feeling quality of that shift,
BruceMoen> Then, as you're doing the exercise remember the feeling quality of that shift.
If you remember it to the point of re-experiencing that feeling quality you'll probably find that
you can begin to make the shift to 3D Blackness pretty much at will.  For me
BruceMoen> "at will" didn't necessarily mean "immediately" but when I could remember the feeling quality of the shift to the point of re-experiencing it, "at will" meant I was definitely going to be there shortly.
As you learn to make that shift and let yourself just be in the 3D Blackness,
And learn to look around within it, when you can see/detect a small area that looks a little
different than the surrounding blackness, just focus your attention on that spot.
In other words, be in the frame of mind that you are looking at it and looking at if from a little closer position would be better.
Don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself within some entirely different reality, or, reality space.
With practice, you'll be able to intend to visit with a nonphysical person, human or otherwise, go to the
3D Blackness,
find that spot that looks different,
intend to move toward it,
and suddenly find yourself where you wanted to be,
the place is almost like magic :d)
About time for me to take a short break.  Hopefully, this chat about the 3D Blackness has stimulated your curiosity and you've got some questions about it.
So, let's take five

Quo Animo

Gandalf

Interesting that Moen says its ok to move your eyes around. Usually, most methods say to try NOT to move your eyes around.

I guess it works different ways for different people.

Usually you try to get into the situation where you 'see' the blackness with your mind's eye, instead of your physical eyes. After a while your mind makes that mental switch. Having your physical eyes moving around is usually a distraction in my opinion.

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Embodied Words

Wait, ok, this sounds a bit too easy. So, I just start staring into the 3D Blackness (an easy point for me to get to) and before you know it, I'll BE there? Sounds like phasing, but a lil easier.
There are in every man, always, two simultaneous allegiances, one to God, the other to Satan. Invocation of God, or Spirituality, is a desire to climb higher, that of Satan, or animality, is delight in descent.

- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)

Gandalf

Whatever the nitty gritty of the method you use, the most powerful tool is BELIEF.

If you start doubting that you can do it, then you won't do it. It's as simple as that. This game is all about conquering your doubt - doubt is the biggest block to progress.

You may think this method is too easy, but if you really believe you can do it, then I fully expect you will get the result you are looking for. It may take a few attempts, or many, but as long as you keep at it then you will get there eventually. What tends to happen though is that people don't get results quickly enough and then start to think 'hmm this isn't working' or 'I can't do this'. Bang goes your chances of success. You have to keep doubt at bay. It's hard to emphasise this enough!

Awakened_Mind

I think one of the greatest hindrances is fear. Fear of the unknown.

I put fear and love on the same continuum. Fear being a matter of no understanding and love being a matter of complete understanding. This is how a Buddhist can still love at times of war, he understands what's going on. It goes against the conventional notion of love simply being 'the best feeling you can have', which I think is often misleading and incomplete. Sometimes we can argue with our loved ones and not feel so good. The old definition doesn't seem flexible enough.

It comes down really to how naive we are when we speak, ignoring the meaning of our words. Think about how children at school speak when they find someone they are attracted to at school. They say things like "I like you", "I like him/her" etc. Well 'like' is a word used to describe similarities, so they are really saying "I'm similar to you". They reflect themselves off the other and find an element that is similar to them. When children say "I love you", that's just saying "I really like you" or "I am really similar to you". This misconception persists into adulthood and without examination will remain the same. So I go to see love as a matter of understanding of the similarities between two entities, rather than the emphasis on the differences creating misunderstandings (fear).

I'm not proposing this as a final truth, just a useful metaphor I use to explain the situation to myself. I think that love and fear share a yin-yang relationship.

Happy Travelling :)

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Gandalf

Yeah, I was going to say: Fear is the other big block to progress in phasing/obe.

The two biggest barriers to progress: doubt and fear.

Keep them in check and you're in for an easy ride (easier said than done of course!).

thenoob

I've been visiting 3D blackness for a couple years now on and off and fear has gotten in my way every time . For me though it is a little different than what Moan describes because it feels like I am travelling through a tunnel of some sort and it keeps going and going and getting deeper and darker and no matter where I steer my thoughts I have no control over it, and I always wake up right as it feels the most intense

Gandalf

Everyone experiences it slightly differently. For example, I tend to slip into it backwards! I feel myself getting heavier and heavier and feel like I'm slipping down through the mattress, then Im travelling backwards through the 3d blackness, sometimes slowly, sometimes at a feeling of great speed, like a rollercoaster!

Selski

Quote from: Gandalf on November 19, 2007, 04:48:16
Interesting that Moen says its ok to move your eyes around. Usually, most methods say to try NOT to move your eyes around.

Hi Gandalf  8-)

I've noticed recently that once you are in the Void (3D blackness), you can move your eyes around quite normally and naturally.

It's rather like those Magic Eye pictures.  Remember them?  You had to de-focus your eyes until you saw the 3D image and once you got the image, it was "locked" and you were able to then move your eyes all around without losing the image.

If you start looking around before you have "mentally separated", then this will cause problems.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Old Dood

When was the last time 'Ginny' posted here?  She is 'The Bomb'!

I really like her and I never have talked directly to her or met her on the forums.

I read some of her Retrievals on Bruce Moen's website.  Simply fantastic.  She is soooo Cool!

She is sooo inspiring....

I would love to chat with her and meet her face to face.  Introduce her to my lovely bride Mrs Dood.

Then of course I would ask the poor Lady a zillion and one questions....:D

Link to the AfterLife Forum's Retrieval Archive with Ginny (and others): http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/ret-arch/
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Gandalf

Yeah,

I'm not sure what has happened to Ginny.

btw Selski, I know what you mean. In the 3d blackness state, or indeed any phasing type state, its like you can still be aware of your physical eyes and you are aware of the movement of them, but you are not seeing with them any more. You are now seeing with your non-physical vision - or 'minds-eye', except now your 'minds-eye' is crystal clear and in front of you, not indistinct as in normal waking life.

eflynn

Well, I'm a little confused now.  I haven't tried to see the 3D blackness but after reading this, I think I'd like to.  By some descriptions, the 3D blackness is something you see with your physical eyes, by others, it is something you see with your mind's eye (imagination).  Which is it?  Is it different for some people.  Most descriptions start with looking into the dark behind your eyelids with your physical eyes.  I think that would just keep me awake.  Does it start with the physical staring and transition into the mind's eye behind the scenes without you realizing it as you fall asleep?   

Usually, when I'm not too tired and just fall asleep, I just start "daydreaming".  This is entirely mental.  In fact, if I am aware of any physical sensations or input, I just stay awake.  This would (I think) include feeling my physical eyes or looking at my closed eyelids.  But when it works (extremely rare these days) at some point, I'm far enough into the daydream where I just suddenly am there.  I literally look around and say "Hey, I made it".  No vibrations or physical sensations of any kind.  It is very much like Frank describes phasing.  I just phase into the other reality in my mind.  Unfortunately. I usually get so excited I wake up.  Either that or I just fall into a normal dream and wake up angry that I forgot to take control. 

Gandalf

Eflynn_

Dont be confused! You are doing exactly the right thing! Don't change what you're doing!!!

The 3D blackness can best be described as a 'bridge state', inbetween the 'astral' and your own mind. If you like, it's where your mind meets the wider astral.

It is very much something you see with your 'mind's eye', like your phasing experiments, however there are various methods for achieving this state. One of them is to *start* by looking into the blackness behind your eyes and eventially, as your body settles into a relaxed state and your mind stays aware, you will notice a subtle mental switch, where the darkness begins to take on perpective, it has distance and is 3D. At this point, you are not using your physical vision, but your mind's eye. You have switched between the two in a smooth manner.

Selski for example, may still be aware of her physical eyes and can even move them, but she is not really seeing with them any more.

For me, I am not aware of my eyes at all by this stage.

I hope this is of some help.

Doug

eflynn

Quote from: Gandalf on December 05, 2007, 04:57:55

It is very much something you see with your 'mind's eye', like your phasing experiments, however there are various methods for achieving this state. One of them is to *start* by looking into the blackness behind your eyes and eventially, as your body settles into a relaxed state and your mind stays aware, you will notice a subtle mental switch, where the darkness begins to take on perpective, it has distance and is 3D. At this point, you are not using your physical vision, but your mind's eye. You have switched between the two in a smooth manner.

Okay.  Stated this way, it makes sense.  I didn't know if I understood correctly or was perhaps missing something.  Thank you Gandalf.