News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Basics Question

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralHopeful

So, I was wondering if anyone had problems getting their torso, neck, and head to fall asleep when they started Projecting. And if you did, can you please offer me any and all advice for some method or remedy for this? I've just been practice for awhile and I recently realized that I could always lose feeling in my arms and legs, but my chest and head don't ever get that sense of being asleep. Thanks!

Szaxx

That's what you want, your body to fade away and your concious self to stay awake. Do it for longer until everything physical world sensed has gone.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

AstralHopeful

Awesome! Thank you so much for telling mr what it should feel like! I've never been able to put words to it before. Now it's just a matter of concentration.

Lumaza

Quote from: AstralHopeful on April 04, 2017, 21:17:55
So, I was wondering if anyone had problems getting their torso, neck, and head to fall asleep when they started Projecting. And if you did, can you please offer me any and all advice for some method or remedy for this? I've just been practice for awhile and I recently realized that I could always lose feeling in my arms and legs, but my chest and head don't ever get that sense of being asleep. Thanks!
In the beginning, I had that problem as well. To alleviate it, I created daily practices focusing on things outside of the body. I also started each session with a kind of "Mantra" stating, "By my act of will, I release my focus over my physical body". This created a immediate mental preparedness to the session at hand.

Focusing too much on the body can a will create "roadblocks". You will find that your subconscious/higher self, whatever you like to call it, does seem to created obstacles for you overcome.
Progressive Relaxation helps as well. You begin with your focus on your toes and mentally say "My toes are relaxed, relaxed, relaxed, my toes are relaxed. Then feel them relax. Work your way all the way up to your head and lastly your eyes.
In the past I have used some visual imagery as well, whereas I actually unzipped my "physical shell" and since it was gone, there was no more focus on the body needed. Another time while in a session, a visual began of a "Pac Man" actually eating my physical body as a outline. That was very cool and I learned quite a bit in the lesson.
You will find with time and experimenting that you can "hone" your technique to fit exactly what you need it to be. But to do that, you need to constantly experiment and explore. Constantly experimenting anew will never give you a dull moment. I think many people get bored with AP after awhile. I don't get bored. I get "creative".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

AstralHopeful

Wow, Lumaza! Thank you for such insightful advice! I'll be sure to put a mantra to the test and to try different visualization techniques. It's always been "stick with a few for awhile" for me. Again, thank you for your help! It's very much appreciated!

Lumaza

Quote from: AstralHopeful on April 08, 2017, 21:43:33
Wow, Lumaza! Thank you for such insightful advice! I'll be sure to put a mantra to the test and to try different visualization techniques. It's always been "stick with a few for awhile" for me. Again, thank you for your help! It's very much appreciated!
"Stick with a few for awhile" is a great way to learn. It gives you a chance to thoroughly explore the technique at hand and to "tweak" it to your personal liking. All the written techniques are basically "blueprints". But you don't have to follow them as "to the rule". You will find what works and what doesn't for you personally, then you can "hone" it to your liking.  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla