Being able to project only by focusing on breathing. How is that possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

superman

No need to apologize Lumaza... My curiosity about you is that you seem to practice so many techniques and "ways" so it's quite confusing for me.  I'm someone who wants to find one way and keep doing it. I read many of your posts in the past and you seem quite experienced but how do you keep practicing almost every possible technique? After those years of practice have you not found one succesful way? And keep it... because that's my goal.
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

baro-san

Quote from: superman on October 22, 2017, 23:24:49
No need to apologize Lumaza... My curiosity about you is that you seem to practice so many techniques and "ways" so it's quite confusing for me.  I'm someone who wants to find one way and keep doing it. I read many of your posts in the past and you seem quite experienced but how do you keep practicing almost every possible technique? After those years of practice have you not found one succesful way? And keep it... because that's my goal.

All you have to do is put your body to sleep while keeping your mind awake. Self hypnosis is the quickest and most reliable way.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

baro-san

Quote from: baro-san on October 23, 2017, 01:17:39
All you have to do is put your body to sleep while keeping your mind awake. Self hypnosis is the quickest and most reliable way.

The "lucid dreaming" way is to imprint into your subconscious to frequently check if you're awake or dreaming. One simple and effective way to check it is to watch your hands: they won't look normal if you're dreaming.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

superman

baro-san thank you for you comments. I already had natural ap/lucid dreams without any technique and I had lucid dreams with reality checks... Once Im in the non physical experience I have a great control and everything but it happens quite rarely by itself so Im seeking a technique like phasing or focus just on breathing. I'm not very good with visualisation.

When I realx and try a projection I get to the point where I feel like weightless/floating and no more feeling the body (unless I move) but nothing beyond that. Only once in the morning I succeeded and I made a chain of 7 LDs.

The post in french I posted is really amazing to read for me because I practice meditation and I love to focus on the breathe but I never had success with it because I just fall asleep if I meditate (focus on the breathe) in bed.

Anyway. THanks again =)
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

EscapeVelocity

superman, you already understand that there are many methods to AP. You have already realized a few methods.

Why we get stuck at this point can be for several reasons: various types of fear or a lack of proper  Intention...you need to have a clear idea of what experience you are aiming for...

If you have had many flying or exciting OBEs before, then they may be looking for a more serious commitment now...

This is an eventual choice that has to be made...

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: superman on October 22, 2017, 23:24:49
No need to apologize Lumaza... My curiosity about you is that you seem to practice so many techniques and "ways" so it's quite confusing for me.  I'm someone who wants to find one way and keep doing it. I read many of your posts in the past and you seem quite experienced but how do you keep practicing almost every possible technique? After those years of practice have you not found one succesful way? And keep it... because that's my goal.
All of my techniques are basically variations/derivatives of each other. They are all based on focusing away from the physical body.  I have used the basics, mind awake body asleep, noticing and even "climbing" out of the body. EV was correct in everything he said above. If you look at that last one, climbing out of the body, there are multiple of ways to do that. There used to be a "stickied thread" on the Astral Pulse devoted just to that. It was something like 99 ways to get out of the body or something like that.

After successes, I was challenged, due to blocks, to come up with new ways to access these realms, if I wished to continue my practice. I also began to help others here and "teach" as well.

I have always enjoyed the use of Binaural Beats/Iso tones. I also found that I really enjoy and had a lot of success with motion based methods. I wrote my Doorway process while suffering from TN. That was one of my biggest challenges. If I wished to continue, I had to find another way. But I also wanted to use that to share with others here because of all the "hidden" characteristics of that process. The associative parts of it. There are geometric shapes based in all forms of life. That created mental associations and mental "triggers". So did the directional motion and use of color. It was like the perfect "Trifecta".

The same ole, same ole, gets rather boring as well. My exercises/methods are all based on things to do while the natural shift is occurring. The little day time close your eyes briefly thing, was basically to enhance that mental conditioning. Simple dissociation methods to get used to the feeling of being "out".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: baro-san on October 23, 2017, 01:17:39
Agreed. Your LD method is sound as well.

I found that people have problems with the "what do I do while awaiting the mind awake/body asleep process to kick in?".  People were telling me their "monkey mind" was interfering or they were just out and out bored. So I figured I would find a way that they could utilize that "monkey mind" and how to stave off the boredom with some fun mental interaction, until their body did finally fall asleep.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from: superman on October 23, 2017, 02:00:59
baro-san thank you for you comments. I already had natural ap/lucid dreams without any technique and I had lucid dreams with reality checks... Once Im in the non physical experience I have a great control and everything but (1)it happens quite rarely by itself so Im seeking a technique like phasing or focus just on breathing. I'm not very good with visualisation.

When I realx and try a projection I get to the point where I feel like weightless/floating and no more feeling the body (unless I move) (2)but nothing beyond that. Only once in the morning I succeeded and I made a chain of 7 LDs.

The post in french I posted is really amazing to read for me because I practice meditation and I love to (4)focus on the breathe but I never had success with it because I just (3)fall asleep if I meditate (focus on the breathe) in bed.

Anyway. THanks again =)
Some thoughts (neither advice, nor recommendations):

(1) For long time I thought that projection from the wake state is superior to lucid dreaming because you should be able to do it whenever you want, hence more often, and not when you happen to realize you're dreaming, more rarely. Lately, I believe that getting skilled at lucid dreaming is more useful than getting skilled at projection from the wake state. Why? Mainly because of the accounts of the passed on souls that get confused, and enter a dream like state where they spend eons, or until they are retrieved. Surprisingly, I read such accounts about souls that, while alive, spent a lot of time studying and practicing obe, phasing, channeling, or such. How can you become more proficient at lucid dreaming? Imprint into your subconscious to frequently check if you are dreaming or awake, if you're in a thought responsive environment or not, as memories are unreliable when you pass between physical and nonphysical.

(2) In my experience, an active approach is better than a passive one when you transit into (or from) an altered state of consciousness. For example, Bruce Moen, well known for his soul retrievals, recommends relying on imagination to jump start phasing.

(3) If you fall asleep during meditation, self-hypnosis, and such, it means you aren't rested enough. Practicing them when and where you sleep is counterproductive.

(4) Focusing on your breath or heartbeats, may be okay to initiate the early process, but that means you focus on your body, while you actually want to detach from it. This is delicate, as it is looking into the blackness, but not using your physical eyes. Frank Kepple wrote about the difference between watching at the back of your eyelids, and watching into the blackness: not the same. For the same reason I think that energetic work, suggested by some authors, works against the purpose of relaxing the body to put it to sleep.
---
- Sir Francis Bacon