Best guide for meditations for adhd?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereus1

Still trying to AP, still have not and maybe my adhd is a problem?

like void meditation is bonking hard.

Like i have adhd, autism, bipolar and OCD diagnosed.

ThaomasOfGrey

I don't have hyperactivity but I do have attention deficit and obsessive compulsive negative thoughts. Its a problem no doubt but it can be worked around with some understanding. Although I am yet to fulfill it I believe it can even be an asset for this art, my most impressive precognitions that came true dramatically and within seconds were obtained through the day dreams that are typical of attention deficit.

People with these conditions are good natural projectors and tend to do it accidentally to a lesser extent several times a day. It becomes a liability when we try to brute force our focus on a particular objective like phasing or empty minded meditation. My experience can be easily summarized as No Fun = No Focus.

Wrestlers say that self control and disciple is a muscle that can be made strong or weak. It actually relates in some ways to our evolutionary biology and the circuitry that governs risk taking. A tempting new thought when you need to focus, is like a tempting new partner with a husband. If you take the risk and are not punished we are more likely to repeat that choice without resistance. We can end up with no self control or even semblance of resistance when it comes to abandoning the current thought for one with a more promising dopamine output.

I haven't been able to beat this trap yet, it requires rewiring of the brain through diligent thought control, but what I have recognized is that people with attention deficit tend to hyper focus well when having fun. My suggestion is to re-frame your approach on the basis of making it truly fun. If there is a more attractive concept available you will keep jumping to that.

Lumaza

Quote from: Ereus1 on February 26, 2018, 08:42:07

I have heard this so many times here. Sometimes people try to hide their mental malady as well.

Years ago there was a young girl on this Forum here that attempted to create a Mentor/Student plan, whereas each experienced member would take on a student to personally work with and tutor. It was title "Destiny's Plan". Xanth even took it over to his own personal Forum. But, in the end, it failed miserably. I had a student who was incredibly eager and many times overly anxious. Most of my time was spent trying to teach him to calm down and observe. He reported back daily to me. Then one day we went a week without communication. I emailed him to see if he was okay. He then informed me that his Doctor/Therapist had told him to stop this immediately. He was Schizophrenic and his delusions were getting worse. He never divulged that fact to me at any time in the teachings.

I used to be a Moderator here and when I was, I often read a person's posting history before I attempted to help them. It would give me a good sense of whom I was conversing with and how I could help them. Soooooooooo many of them suffered from some kind of mental debilitating problem, be it AD/HD, depression, anxiety, etc. Unfortunately with many of them, their problem caused them to fail with this practice and soon they aborted it all together. I am not saying it's "impossible" to find success with this practice. I am just saying it is very difficult to. But on the other end of the spectrum a person who is completely mentally stable may fail because of their mental stability. They need to know the "whys" and nut and bolts of this process. It makes more sense to them if they can call this "Quantum Jumping" or leaping. I say you need to be balanced. You need to be somewhat mentally stable, but still be open to "other" forms of conscious awareness.

The Astral Pulse Forum has a disclaimer here about mental instability. But, I don't think many people read it or should I say "recognize" it, in their own situation. A good friend of mine and Moderator from the past here, created this thread/Sticky here.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/aup_addendum_must_read-t44677.0.html

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Ereus1

Quote from: Lumaza on February 27, 2018, 03:38:41
I have heard this so many times here. Sometimes people try to hide their mental malady as well.

Years ago there was a young girl on this Forum here that attempted to create a Mentor/Student plan, whereas each experienced member would take on a student to personally work with and tutor. It was title "Destiny's Plan". Xanth even took it over to his own personal Forum. But, in the end, it failed miserably. I had a student who was incredibly eager and many times overly anxious. Most of my time was spent trying to teach him to calm down and observe. He reported back daily to me. Then one day we went a week without communication. I emailed him to see if he was okay. He then informed me that his Doctor/Therapist had told him to stop this immediately. He was Schizophrenic and his delusions were getting worse. He never divulged that fact to me at any time in the teachings.

I used to be a Moderator here and when I was, I often read a person's posting history before I attempted to help them. It would give me a good sense of whom I was conversing with and how I could help them. Soooooooooo many of them suffered from some kind of mental debilitating problem, be it AD/HD, depression, anxiety, etc. Unfortunately with many of them, their problem caused them to fail with this practice and soon they aborted it all together. I am not saying it's "impossible" to find success with this practice. I am just saying it is very difficult to. But on the other end of the spectrum a person who is completely mentally stable may fail because of their mental stability. They need to know the "whys" and nut and bolts of this process. It makes more sense to them if they can call this "Quantum Jumping" or leaping. I say you need to be balanced. You need to be somewhat mentally stable, but still be open to "other" forms of conscious awareness.

The Astral Pulse Forum has a disclaimer here about mental instability. But, I don't think many people read it or should I say "recognize" it, in their own situation. A good friend of mine and Moderator from the past here, created this thread/Sticky here.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/aup_addendum_must_read-t44677.0.html

Makes sense but I get sensations already an I think i have nearly ogtten there but none of my issues have been made more extreme, hell some of my issues like ocd have gone down over the years.

Xanth

I wouldn't say it failed miserably, we actually had a few successes.
The problem isn't in the program or implementation... the problem is that most people don't REALLY want to learn.
They want something fast... the "NOW" generation, they want everything now but don't want to put in the time and energy to learn it.

So meh... the program is still open and available on my forum, let me know if anyone is interested.

Lumaza

Quote from: Xanth on February 28, 2018, 15:49:26
The problem isn't in the program or implementation... the problem is that most people don't REALLY want to learn.
They want something fast... the "NOW" generation, they want everything now but don't want to put in the time and energy to learn it.
So true. I constantly see the words "I'll give it a try". You get out of this what you put into this. A few days, even a week of "giving a technique a try", is not enough to give that technique a fair shake. The problem seems to be with consistency and lack of persistence. They try this or that for a few days and get the same results they always do. The same people here will post on a new thread that has the "flavor of the day", like the current one I read yesterday about the breathing 4-7-8 approach. A technique like that will work because it consumes your focus while attempting it. BUT and this is a big but, if they haven't jumped the hurdle that normally leads to their failure, they won't succeed with the 4-7-8 approach or any other technique either. The Astral Pulse Forum is loaded with great techniques. Yet, they rarely get posted on or replied to anymore.

I found the best way to teach people is live in person. You can look the person in the eyes and see their response. You can also fine tune the process to them on more of a personal level if needed. I do still have people that PM and email me that I met here on the Pulse with their continued success. But they are few and far between now. Judging by what I hear from the many Authors of Astral Projection, via interviews and Radio talk shows, they seem to be having the same problem. Like they say, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink". This has caused me to actually "screen" people before I attempt to help them now. There is so much wasted effort in people that say they want to learn and are ready to, but won't do the work necessary to achieve success.  ...and I am talking about the people that wish to have this as a regular part of their lives, not the ones just doing this for a brief "sneak peek".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: Ereus1 on February 28, 2018, 07:29:30

Makes sense but I get sensations already an I think i have nearly ogtten there but none of my issues have been made more extreme, hell some of my issues like ocd have gone down over the years.
There is a big difference between getting "sensations", ala "signposts" and actually "getting there".

I didn't say your condition "would" be exasperated. I said it "could" be and that conditions similar to yours have been difficult, but not impossible, for people to overcome. It all comes down to your mental faculties and determination.

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Xanth on February 28, 2018, 15:49:26

I'm part of that generation group in my opinion. I arrived here looking for a way to achieve astral projection fast and I believed it would work within a handful of attempts too. It didn't, yet some of those early attempts got closer or as close as I have subsequently, if you exclude the rare spontaneous conscious projections.

I wanted it fast and now, but I was willing to learn, put in time and energy. I have a high tolerance for failure though and I'm tenacious, so here I am still talking about astral projection 2 years or more later, despite limited success.

Truthfully I think the time and energy required to learn projection is not the issue. The issue is that the learning experience is far more difficult than anything we are normally exposed to in life. I completed a honors degree in engineering and that was easy compared to astral projection, yet one of those things takes 4 years, whereas the other can be achieved in 4 minutes or might require unbounded time and energy.

Engineering was relatively easy because its one year at a time, one paper at a time. The progress is measurable, you don't slip backwards. There is a logical path from A to B that is tangible, process driven, and almost guaranteed to work if you simply follow the steps.

Astral projection is more like walking out into the dark with a general direction. If you trip over a log that was a sign post towards success. I feel people give up on the time and energy because they can't measure their progress and there is no guaranteed process to improve your results. Those latter two conditions are actually something that is considered to be required for someone to enter the flow state (immersion in a given focus).

Once you have seen the entire process unfold once or twice I imagine it becomes much easier to measure your progress and know when you are being successful, in turn entering the flow state becomes possible. I have done a lot of experiments on e-sports with flow state and I find that the ability to enter flow is coupled to how good your process is, not the effort put in to playing well.

Lumaza

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 01, 2018, 01:36:16
I'm part of that generation group in my opinion. I arrived here looking for a way to achieve astral projection fast and I believed it would work within a handful of attempts too. It didn't, yet some of those early attempts got closer or as close as I have subsequently, if you exclude the rare spontaneous conscious projections.

I wanted it fast and now, but I was willing to learn, put in time and energy. I have a high tolerance for failure though and I'm tenacious, so here I am still talking about astral projection 2 years or more later, despite limited success.

Truthfully I think the time and energy required to learn projection is not the issue. The issue is that the learning experience is far more difficult than anything we are normally exposed to in life. I completed a honors degree in engineering and that was easy compared to astral projection, yet one of those things takes 4 years, whereas the other can be achieved in 4 minutes or might require unbounded time and energy.

Engineering was relatively easy because its one year at a time, one paper at a time. The progress is measurable, you don't slip backwards. There is a logical path from A to B that is tangible, process driven, and almost guaranteed to work if you simply follow the steps.

Astral projection is more like walking out into the dark with a general direction. If you trip over a log that was a sign post towards success. I feel people give up on the time and energy because they can't measure their progress and there is no guaranteed process to improve your results. Those latter two conditions are actually something that is considered to be required for someone to enter the flow state (immersion in a given focus).

Once you have seen the entire process unfold once or twice I imagine it becomes much easier to measure your progress and know when you are being successful, in turn entering the flow state becomes possible. I have done a lot of experiments on e-sports with flow state and I find that the ability to enter flow is coupled to how good your process is, not the effort put in to playing well.
You do realize that the person that you are replying to, in this case Xanth, didn't have any success for 10 years, yet he still kept practicing. That's determination in my books. That rises above and beyond the call of duty and I sincerely applaud that!  8-)

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Lumaza on March 01, 2018, 01:57:58
You do realize that the person that you are replying to, in this case Xanth, didn't have any success for 10 years, yet he still kept practicing. That's determination in my books. That rises above and beyond the call of duty and I sincerely applaud that!  8-)

I didn't know. It is determination, but you still need to be making some measurable progress to continue active practice for that long. If one does the same thing for 10 years and expects different results, we call the condition insanity. Maybe that's where I will find myself in 8 more years if I'm still practicing.

I'll just be up front and say astral projection might not be worth 10 years of practice to me if that is really what it takes to achieve it. As Xanth often points out today, it isn't necessarily very beneficial for spiritual growth or our purpose here to astral project. I have come to that conclusion early.

If those conclusions are really correct, wouldn't we be better served putting those 10 years directly in spiritual growth or some other PMR goal like helping people?

That line of thinking is why I ramped down the number of hours per week I practice projection. I was spending 10's of hours per week initially but that came at the cost of progressing my other projects, so I had to find a balance and put AP on the slow grind track.

ThaomasOfGrey

In the above post I'm not at all saying I think AP is a waste of time to pursue. If I thought that I wouldn't continue. I no longer feel a strong need to succeed at it to validate myself though. I still get inspired to try new things and make new discoveries about the process such as what I described in the first post. My intuition says it cannot be rushed though. I have yet to learn how to make the process fun, but I have just discovered the idea to try. Perhaps I could have succeeded without this and other realizations, but it just feels like a natural unfolding to me.

Xanth

Ereus1

Xanth im interested, It just feels exasperating to get all these sensations but never a full body experience.

hell its exasperating how inconsistent they get, i got bubbling in my chest a week ago, i got full on near seize a week or two ago but neither of those have reappeared.

My reasons for AP is to see the akashic records and ask some questions

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Ereus1 on March 01, 2018, 16:46:20
Xanth im interested, It just feels exasperating to get all these sensations but never a full body experience.

hell its exasperating how inconsistent they get, i got bubbling in my chest a week ago, i got full on near seize a week or two ago but neither of those have reappeared.

Tell us more about what you experience in detail perhaps? Its difficult to make recommendations based on what you have said so far. Your experience does sound typical of early days though. What are you doing to back out of the process when you get the sensations? Most problems in AP come down to self abortion imo.

Lumaza

Quote from: Ereus1 on March 01, 2018, 16:46:20

Learn to "observe and allow" and all that will change!

You don't have to have exit symptoms to exit. Sometimes I awaken in full SP, with the Astral Winds blowing loudly like a Hurricane and my body vibrating, akin to being in a Earthquake. Other times, I may awaken and just see that I am standing at the foot of my bed staring at my physical form. No sensations at all. ...and then there are the times I awaken full SP and feel my feet/legs begin raised, then dragged down my hallways and out my patio window.

Sometimes, while Phasing I will have a actual real time exit. So you see, it can happen all different ways. The key is to allow it to commence to it's apex and observe your new surroundings, without question, when you do. See what you can see. Do what you can do, before you start questioning everything. I enjoy Phasing because my techniques teach disassociation from my physical body. Because of that disassociation, the exit symptoms are gone as well. You start by viewing or sensing a imaginary scenario. But soon you are a part of it, just like you are here. The more you do it, repetition, the more you learn how to navigate your new surroundings. You learn the "do's and don'ts" pretty quickly there. You learn how to lengthen your experiences as well.

Visitor

The purpose of meditation is to allow the mind to still...even for a millisecond.....

Towards that ....  for anyone including ADs..... listen....

During any activity allow your attention to move to the ears.  Listen.  Listen to the heart, the footstep...whatever sound is around you.  Focus and listen.

While your brain is involved in the listening...your mind is stilled.

The brain cannot process two activities.  So let it monitor a decoy...a sound...and you are are there......Meditating.

Do it for as long as you can.

After a while...weeks and months 'awhile'.... you will notice a difference in your processing of real life and that change will filter through to everything.  Solutions will come..... change will happen.  The stillness will allow the real mind to gain a foothold and as long as you help with continueal daily meditation...even for seconds at a time..... it will strengthen the hold to the real you and start activating influence. 

To those who want to read Akashi records and ask questions.  You don't need astral projection.  Astral body goes to astral worlds.  Many layers of it.  Astral worlds closely mimic earth conditions maybe a bit off step, as in futuristic, because we plan and create our lives there.  We make our astral to serve ourselves during our stay, so it's a bit more creative and includes everything possible so we have it in hand to use to process when needed.

Your Akashi records are way out of that dimension. 

Your questions will be answered by you even in real earth waking moments.  Because the real you is as knowledgable as anyone and especially more so for your own specific advancements which are only known to you and can only be accessed by you.....because of laws of secrecy.   Ask and listen. 

Accessing the will is open to all and everyone every minute of every place, earth conscious and elsewhere.  It is your right.

Ereus1

Quote from: Lumaza on March 02, 2018, 01:09:53
Learn to "observe and allow" and all that will change!

You don't have to have exit symptoms to exit. Sometimes I awaken in full SP, with the Astral Winds blowing loudly like a Hurricane and my body vibrating, akin to being in a Earthquake. Other times, I may awaken and just see that I am standing at the foot of my bed staring at my physical form. No sensations at all. ...and then there are the times I awaken full SP and feel my feet/legs begin raised, then dragged down my hallways and out my patio window.

Sometimes, while Phasing I will have a actual real time exit. So you see, it can happen all different ways. The key is to allow it to commence to it's apex and observe your new surroundings, without question, when you do. See what you can see. Do what you can do, before you start questioning everything. I enjoy Phasing because my techniques teach disassociation from my physical body. Because of that disassociation, the exit symptoms are gone as well. You start by viewing or sensing a imaginary scenario. But soon you are a part of it, just like you are here. The more you do it, repetition, the more you learn how to navigate your new surroundings. You learn the "do's and don'ts" pretty quickly there. You learn how to lengthen your experiences as well.

I've had darkness closing in, vibrations, warmth in limbs, all sorts of sensations, bubbling in my chest, so many sensations.

Lumaza

Quote from: Ereus1 on March 03, 2018, 17:47:46
I've had darkness closing in, vibrations, warmth in limbs, all sorts of sensations, bubbling in my chest, so many sensations.
That's when it's a good time to begin to set a strong intent and focus on what you wish to achieve in that session. Creative visualization helps here quite a bit. It gets the ball rolling. I like to be proactive in my sessions. Use a focus on your hobbies. I don't say "try" a focus, because the word "try", doesn't show success to me. The word "do" does! Do, seems more positive to me.

Make sure your visualization is based on some form of motion. Then feel that motion. Let it draw you away from your physical focus and completely into the scenario at hand.

Ereus1

Quote from: Lumaza on March 04, 2018, 00:52:29
That's when it's a good time to begin to set a strong intent and focus on what you wish to achieve in that session. Creative visualization helps here quite a bit. It gets the ball rolling. I like to be proactive in my sessions. Use a focus on your hobbies. I don't say "try" a focus, because the word "try", doesn't show success to me. The word "do" does! Do, seems more positive to me.

Make sure your visualization is based on some form of motion. Then feel that motion. Let it draw you away from your physical focus and completely into the scenario at hand.

I get minor movements if i imagine myself running and such, try and do that once i get a weird sensation like i described?

Lumaza

Quote from: Ereus1 on March 04, 2018, 12:23:47
I get minor movements if i imagine myself running and such, try and do that once i get a weird sensation like i described?
Yes. The exit symptoms/signposts, show you that there is shift already happening. This is when the motion based focus really helps. Another focus I like doing here is to create a Happy Place. This will also be known as your "launch pad" for now. Get good at visualizing this place. Go there often. Get the lay of the land.

Going through my AP Journals the other day, I came across three things I used to do often when I was new to this practice. One was the use of Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones. Two was the use of some kind of blindfold. I found this useful because one of my exit symptoms, earlier in my practice, was the constant sensation of my physical eyes opening just as I was about to "exit". I rectified that by using a blindfold. At first I used a towel. Then I switched to cherry pit eye pillow. That was too heavy though. Then I came across the Mindfold, which I used for a couple of years. It got flimsy though, but like I said, it did me well for two years. The next one I bought was the best one though. Good price too. I bought a $20 one from this site here: https://www.dreamessentials.com/category-56/luxury-class-sleep-masks

The third thing I did often was to go to my Happy Place, which after awhile got replaced by the "Training Ground" area I constantly found myself in. My Happy Place is a Island Paradise, akin to the Astral Island photo that you can find here. http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html
Mine has a Pyramid as well. I went there, still do. I went there so often that I could tell when something was added or missing. Further investigation on the new occurrence would normally lead to a full blown scenario/adventure. That's when you put your "explorer's hat" on and go do some investigating or just hang out on the beach. There were visiting Guides and Mentors/Teachers there as well.

Ereus1

Quote from: Lumaza on March 05, 2018, 02:08:06
Yes. The exit symptoms/signposts, show you that there is shift already happening. This is when the motion based focus really helps. Another focus I like doing here is to create a Happy Place. This will also be known as your "launch pad" for now. Get good at visualizing this place. Go there often. Get the lay of the land.

Going through my AP Journals the other day, I came across three things I used to do often when I was new to this practice. One was the use of Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones. Two was the use of some kind of blindfold. I found this useful because one of my exit symptoms, earlier in my practice, was the constant sensation of my physical eyes opening just as I was about to "exit". I rectified that by using a blindfold. At first I used a towel. Then I switched to cherry pit eye pillow. That was too heavy though. Then I came across the Mindfold, which I used for a couple of years. It got flimsy though, but like I said, it did me well for two years. The next one I bought was the best one though. Good price too. I bought a $20 one from this site here: https://www.dreamessentials.com/category-56/luxury-class-sleep-masks

The third thing I did often was to go to my Happy Place, which after awhile got replaced by the "Training Ground" area I constantly found myself in. My Happy Place is a Island Paradise, akin to the Astral Island photo that you can find here. http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html
Mine has a Pyramid as well. I went there, still do. I went there so often that I could tell when something was added or missing. Further investigation on the new occurrence would normally lead to a full blown scenario/adventure. That's when you put your "explorer's hat" on and go do some investigating or just hang out on the beach. There were visiting Guides and Mentors/Teachers there as well.

Yeah its interesting, i get these movement senstaions easily, like i get swaying moments after lying down.

I would guess that means im rather close.

Ereus1

So what advice anyone got?
Like I have no clue what im doing wrong

Nameless

Do you trust yourself? Perhaps you aren't doing anything wrong.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

superman

Quote from: Ereus1 on February 26, 2018, 08:42:07

Everyhing is hard in the beginning, and with practice everything becomes easy. Don't let those "labels" limit you.
In Buddha's time (for example) there wasn't such a thing like "adhd" or "ocd" or autims". Yet the symtoms of those existed in all times. And in fact those are just lack of mental discipline that you categorise and label: and so give vitality and power. Those are nothing more. I say it because in the past I was diagnosted too with those as well. It was 2 years of hell but I just refused to give some labels any power and I took my mind in my hands and stopped playing the victim. Because if you say, lets say "I have a OCD or ADHD" then you make a statement that says "I cannot focus" or "I have no power". You try with a very negative attitude and it makes the thing impossible for you. Yet those are meaningless if you give up on them. I know it from experience. You have choice to keep those labels and identify with them or you can try you best to leave them and do concentration exercices even if you fail for months. With practice you will be better, no doubt. In fact I even know a Buddhist monk who can meditate for days without interuption yet in the past he had great panic attacks everytime he was alone with his own thoughts. Once you decide and believe that you are the power of your life, that your mind is an instrument and it is meant to be played and no to play you then everything is possible. But you just have to be ready to give up the association with it. Instead of saying I have "..." diagnosted, say "I know what I want and there is nothing that will stop me, even if it takes months or years to achieve".
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Windwalker.

Quote from: Ereus1 on March 19, 2018, 03:18:01
So what advice anyone got?
Like I have no clue what im doing wrong

What is your precise technique?