News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Binaural beats or silence?

Previous topic - Next topic

Amorda

Please share with me your thoughts on this!

Do you like binaural beats when meditating or practicing ap? ....Or do you prefer silence? I often use binaurals because of the noise in the house that could distract me. However, I find that when I use silence I tend to focus on the ringing sound inside my head. It's almost like my body/mind harmonizes with that the sound. Ever experience this?

Also, if you have a favorite binaural please share it! :) I would love to hear what works for all of you!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day and night!

Bedeekin

I just use silence... always have. :)

I found that the only problem with the beats is that they end... also that they are misinterpreted as a 'needed' thing by those who use them.

Each to their own as they say.

Amorda

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 12, 2012, 12:32:12
I just use silence... always have. :)

I found that the only problem with the beats is that they end... also that they are misinterpreted as a 'needed' thing by those who use them.

Each to their own as they say.

I'm going to try and experiment with both and see what happens. There are only a few beats that really allow me to fully relax. Most of them are the Tibetan bowl sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDuweaUlAyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think this works for me because the sound is very similar to the sound that I hear within my head when unto using binurals at all!

ChopstickFox

I've never had luck with them, but to each their own :D
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

rain_88

I use binaurals to block the environmental sounds but I always listen to the sounds in my own head.
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Bedeekin

Has anyone here heard of ear plugs?  :-D

I use them when there's snoring... and it makes for a purer experience with no unexpected noises.

I have had quite a few experiences while being a passenger in a car. Maybe the droning engine creates a 'white noise' effect.

Maybe a pair of headphones simply playing white noise on low volume.

rain_88

Aww yeah, I always forget about trying them... I guess they are more comfortable than headphones....

Astralsuzy

I listen to the sounds of the wind and rain for a while then I take my headphones off.  I listen to it to relax my mind.  I find if my mind is not relaxed I do not ap.  I do not listen to it all the time. 

Dreamshards

Ive tried them numerous times an they distract me from relaxing. Also i usially
Listen to music while going to bed so its not very effective for phasing.

Amorda

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 12, 2012, 13:59:14
Has anyone here heard of ear plugs?  :-D

I use them when there's snoring... and it makes for a purer experience with no unexpected noises.

I have had quite a few experiences while being a passenger in a car. Maybe the droning engine creates a 'white noise' effect.

Maybe a pair of headphones simply playing white noise on low volume.

HA! Sadly, ear plugs do not work for me as I have fantastic hearing. Strong ears, weak eyes. That's why I use binurals to sometimes drown out whatever sound may be around me. :) But good idea!

Amorda

Quote from: Dreamshards on December 12, 2012, 14:44:34
Ive tried them numerous times an they distract me from relaxing. Also i usially
Listen to music while going to bed so its not very effective for phasing.

Ah I can see why binurals would not work for everyone. Like I said, there are select few that really help me relax. Otherwise, they distract me!

Lionheart

Quote from: Amorda on December 12, 2012, 15:55:33
Ah I can see why binurals would not work for everyone. Like I said, there are select few that really help me relax. Otherwise, they distract me!
Try a search on Youtube for Paul Collier Playlists. After listening to a few of his Binaural Beats videos you might see your opinion may change.
Excellent ones to check out are 2012, Defragmenting the mind, Song 54, Facing the Unknown, Taken up in the sky and The Deep.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Amorda

Quote from: Lionheart on December 12, 2012, 16:03:46
Try a search on Youtube for Paul Collier Playlists. After listening to a few of his Binaural Beats videos you might see your opinion may change.
Excellent ones to check out are 2012, Defragmenting the mind, Song 54, Facing the Unknown, Taken up in the sky and The Deep.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Oh I looked up all of those videos on YouTube! The one i really love is Taken Up in the Sky. Reminds me of a winter morning in a forest. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Def going to incorporate some of these.

AteBits

The deepest trance I'v been in was while listening to TMI - Gateway Experience: Wave I - Discovery (Introduction to Focus 10 (the second track)). That binaural beats. I don't know whats so special about the Monroe material but there is something there that I'v never found in any other sound entrainment product. Perhaps its Robert Monroes voice?
Either way, I'v been nearly as deep with just earplugs, meditating in silence, but it comes much more easily with that one track.
But note that I edited the track with Audacity to make the track longer, from 30min to 1h and 30min.

About the Paul Collier tracks, I love them but they are to short for me.

Szaxx

Im with Amorda,
Pink noise with a 4HZ binaural tone. Just enough volume to remove ambient sounds.
Ear plugs, bah humbug. No good when you can hear a bee fart a mile away.  :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

I think it's best to avoid gimmicks as much as possible. That said I do use the Gateway CD's because I've had trouble dozing off from trance rather than keeping my mind alert through the REM stage just before projection. But I work with then without the CD so as not to be dependent on it.  If your dependent on the beats then your closing doors you may not want to close. Projection can be done in different settings and with different foci to gain information or insights. ... for example my dream so to speak would be to go to Norway/Sweden and work projections inside the ancient stone works and labyrinths. ... or what about stonehenge? Or other ancient sites like that. What would that yield do you think? what about a cemetery? On a boat at sea?  You might want to be somewhere where you can't use the sound files. So you may want to experiment with them but I would suggest not forming a dependence on them and use them more for trouble shooting as your learning this than a crutch. Earplugs... use silicone. I use them and those you can take anywhere. They're waterproof so if you want to lay in the water and try this then you can. Gotta watch out for the gold digging too. Sadly this seems to be more prevalent all the time.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Szaxx on December 13, 2012, 04:55:55
Ear plugs, bah humbug. No good when you can hear a bee fart a mile away.  :-D

What type of earplugs are you thinking I mean? Ones that amplify sound? Not sure whether you get the concept of ear plugs.  :roll:

I often wonder what would happen to you 'binaural beat' inducers if you were without electricity... or you didn't have your Ipod or computer.

Little Bibble

Quote from: AteBits on December 13, 2012, 03:15:13
The deepest trance I'v been in was while listening to TMI - Gateway Experience: Wave I - Discovery (Introduction to Focus 10 (the second track)). That binaural beats. I don't know whats so special about the Monroe material but there is something there that I'v never found in any other sound entrainment product.

The difference between hemi-sync and generic binaural beats is that TMI blend multiple tones. On Lifeline tracks and upward they use up to twenty different binaural tones whereas your basic one found on youtube is more simplistic (plus they don't bring you back to C1). That's where your money goes.

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on December 13, 2012, 07:32:44
I think it's best to avoid gimmicks as much as possible. That said I do use the Gateway CD's because I've had trouble dozing off from trance rather than keeping my mind alert through the REM stage just before projection. But I work with then without the CD so as not to be dependent on it.  If your dependent on the beats then your closing doors you may not want to close.

I personally don't think there are dependency issues with bb as long as you are developing these conscious states. What I mean by that is by achieving a certain state then anchoring yourself there (placing markers, noting how it feels. For example I know I'm in focus 12 by a buildup of pressure around my brow centre and a feeling of expansion). Now that I have anchored focused 12 I can use a one breath method and say 12 in my mind and the symptoms that I associate with f12 start to occur.

Szaxx

@ Bedeekin,
I have the squashy ones, industrial standard. Still can hear with them in.
Silicon?, new ones I guess. What do you know, (tech spec)?
60dB attenuation isn't enough.
My in ear headphones give better attenuation and the facility to emit noise.
Theres 10 people in the house and it can be busy.
Environmental pollution.  :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

oooh.. I have silicon ones... like memory foam. Micro-cell they are called I think. anyway... I only use them if Kathryn is snoring in my ear.

I don't bother other times.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 13, 2012, 12:19:16
oooh.. I have silicon ones... like memory foam. Micro-cell they are called I think. anyway... I only use them if Kathryn is snoring in my ear.
I have the same ones, lol. I also use them for the same reason. MJ can be loud at times!  :-D

Bluefirephoenix

silicon ear plugs don't have the consistency of memory foam. They're more like a cross between wax and gummy bears.  Dependency is extremely limiting. I would be very wary of it.  For example do you believe you can project sitting with your eyes open? what about dancing? .... with spikes piercing your chest and arms? or..... having sex? If you feel doubt at that statement your beliefs are limiting  you and it maybe due to a dependency issue. you've read what other people have said and think oh they wrote it down in a book... they have to know what they're talking about therefore they are right and I believe them. Or do you believe that listening to an obnoxious noise helps you project.... well your right. If you believe that it will help. If you think damn what an obnoxious noise it won't. The problem with scientific studies on this is that the deciding factor is the participants beliefs. It's never taken into account and when your dealing with astral that IS the major factor. You might accept defeat because your experience isn't just like someone else.

We are trained in society to be dependent. We have teachers that we are supposed to believe. The food at the grocery store is supposed to be safer than the stuff we can grow ourselves. Our government can keep us safe and is responsible for our happiness ect.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on December 13, 2012, 14:35:34
silicon ear plugs don't have the consistency of memory foam. They're more like a cross between wax and gummy bears.  Dependency is extremely limiting. I would be very wary of it.  For example do you believe you can project sitting with your eyes open? what about dancing? .... with spikes piercing your chest and arms? or..... having sex? If you feel doubt at that statement your beliefs are limiting  you and it maybe due to a dependency issue. you've read what other people have said and think oh they wrote it down in a book... they have to know what they're talking about therefore they are right and I believe them. Or do you believe that listening to an obnoxious noise helps you project.... well your right. If you believe that it will help. If you think damn what an obnoxious noise it won't. The problem with scientific studies on this is that the deciding factor is the participants beliefs. It's never taken into account and when your dealing with astral that IS the major factor. You might accept defeat because your experience isn't just like someone else.

We are trained in society to be dependent. We have teachers that we are supposed to believe. The food at the grocery store is supposed to be safer than the stuff we can grow ourselves. Our government can keep us safe and is responsible for our happiness ect.
The key word in your entire Quote here was BELIEVE!  :-)
Any DOUBT knocks you OUT!  :wink:

Bedeekin

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on December 13, 2012, 14:35:34
We are trained in society to be dependent. We have teachers that we are supposed to believe.

I think that this is another problem in todays society.

"We have teachers that we are SUPPOSED to believe"

I think we should believe or take on board what teachers are teaching us when we are young and know bugger all.. or when we are older those that are obviously wiser than we are should be listened to.

Do not disrespect teachers... they are a requirement... in this reality and the others. Anyone who thinks they are too smart to be taught anything by those more experienced are as good as dumb.

rain_88

Everyone is everyone else's teacher  :-D...