Brainwave Generator software (BWGEN)

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyD

No, I haven't.

I really am off now before I really do drop dead. (Which might not be such a bad thing, at least i'd project).

-Martin-

Lysear

i used it for th first time last night and it gave pretty positive results for a first time., Although i didnt enter trance (i practically did with the program spastral is dishing out!) i did relax well. The frequency started at 14 and went down to about 4hz

Lysear

Realmrunner

Hello to All !!!

I just recently got the BWGEN program so I probably cannot add to much to the conversation here.

However, BWGEN does have its own Yahoo group which I find very helpful in discovering new files.  It's free to join.  Here's the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwgen/

Besides the homepage for BWGEN their is also a user Files section in the Yahoo group as well.  Unfortunately there are no real ratings systems on the files to judge their effectiveness. Plus most files are composed by BWGEN users and may only be effective on the composers.  But maybe we could develop a ratings systems here at Astral Pulse on various BWGEN files?

There has been talk at the boards that there are some old BWGEN files which directly mimic the Gateway Experiences Focus level sounds as well.  You might me able to find them with a search on Google or a P2P shareware program like KazaaLite.  Please let us know if you're successful in doing so.

Thanks and regards,

Realmrunner

yadda yadda yadda
Y.our            
A.ctions      
D.ecisions      
D.etermine
A.chievements

Windameir

MartyD and All http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
I have a player its Music Match Jukebox (Basic) ver.is free It can convert .wav files to .mp3 you can find the links to download a free or upgraded pay version at http://www.musicmatch.com I tested a 1.67 megabite wave file and converted it to a mp3 at 128kbps it was 1.56kb in size and at 320kbps (higher quality) it was 390kb. quite a difference in size so give it a try. The Convert option is under the File drop down menu.
Oh and if yer interested in the whole package the pay version is only 14.99 us right now reg 19.99

Happy Travels
Windameir

MartyD

I've been trying all day to get the file size down. It kills me to say... it just can't be done. I have tried every audio format available, with every different combination of bitrate and sample that can be done. The smallest I manged to get it down to was 10.7 megabytes, which is a good 30 - 50 minutes download on 56k modem, depending on your line etc.

But this was with poor sound and the rolling thunder noise sounds more like a small electric shock, and the frequencies themselves are a tiny bit muffled. The closest I could get to decent sounding file was a file sized 13.7 megabytes. Which leaves the issues of finding the space to upload it to, and would people actually bother downloading a 45 minute file that's gonna take just as long, if not longer to download, with reduced quality?

Why the output wave files are so big in the first place is beyond me. I had to generate a file that was an hour and a half long to get a 45 minute file (software limitations) and it was 1.2 gigabytes big, which must thier idea of a joke. The mp3 format is too big, but I might get musicmatch anyway to see if there is anything I can do with that. We really need a WAV to WMA encoder, a full version one at that.

Well, I ain't giving up, i'm sure there's a way that it can be done. Oh, and I did try zipping them up with winzip, but it makes no difference. Any bright ideas, point them in my direction.

-Martin-

Windameir

Personaly I wouldn't have a problem downloading a file of even 60 megs as long as the quality is there I have a bunch of mp3s that I downloaded with Kazaa but I beleive at 128kbps or even a lil higher I think they loose the important parts of the binaural aspects and become functionally useless. So let me know how it goes
thanks.

Happy Travels
Windameir

MartyD

social

think about this logically guys :-)

theres no need for one huge mp3. Consider this, one small mp3  for each guided voice segment, and one small mp3 for each of the non voice parts. They download the several much smaller mp3's and toss them in a winamp playlist in order. Adding the non-vocal clips several times to get the desired length. Even with the highest quality mp3 format thats brings it down way under the 10meg mark.

It could even be done that way with better quality wavs, reducing the total download time for a very high quality "set" by half or more.

Just some thoughts...

MartyD

Yep, thought of that one. I wouldn't know if you had the bwgen program, but if you have, you may have noticed when you create the wav file, all you get is one huge file. There is no way of exporting everything differently, and there's no other way of putting it on to cd. Plus you can't segment an audio file in to smaller peices once it's created. if you can, i can't afford the software to do it.

It wouldn't work anyway coz the whole point of it is so that it takes your brain frequencies from 14.1hz to 3.5hz, over a stretch of 45 minutes. You'd end up cutting and pasting the same thing over, or the same thing you would have had if you'd downloaded the whole file in the first place.

But it don't matter, I think I might have cracked it anyway. I can convert a 660mb wav file to a 30mb mp3. I can then convert that mp3 into a wma file, which will make it about 9.5mb, roughly. If not there's another format I can use.

Basically, we should have it cracked by tomorrow night, my time. Then with any luck I can get a file up for people to download and use. With any luck.

-Martin-

Windameir

Hey I was just thinking on the subject of voice overs that came up a little while back in this thread If Adrian wanted to set up a place to upload them and choose a few lines of prose to say people could submit a sample and we could vote on who to use for the Voice segments of AP's bwgn tracks. Just an Idea. I would like to hear what all of you think. It Might be kinda fun.

Happy Travels
Windameir

astralmaster

JUst to let you know: i tried to upload a 50.4mb file consisting of the Deep Mind IV preset encoded at 160kps, but the server cut me off almost at the end.
The only way i will be able to transfer the file is if adrian opens some sort of FTP account, so the we can upload big files.

let me know what i can do

David
David

Adrian

Greetings Astralmaster!

Apologies for that - the max file size was well below the size of your file - it didn't occur to me to alter it.

I have set it to 100Mb now if you want to try it again.

Otherwise - the next major update of the software (soon hopefully) should have a better upload engine, or, I could setup an anonymous FTP.  I prfer the file library though, because all the info is included,and it is point and click.

Thanks for your efforts!

Bye for now and take care,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

astralmaster

David

Windameir

Astral
I made this point before but maybe you can check it out... Since I don't have a Original version can you compare the original of Deep IV too the 160kbps version you made and see if it has the same effects as the lower bit rate copy im curious to know if the lower bit rate compromises the effectiveness of the bwgen wave.

Happy Travels
Windameir

Lysear

i'd just like to sing the praises of bwen again. It used to take me 40 frustrating minutes before I'd give up after not going into trance but with the bwgen program after 20 mins i am in a light trance bordering on trance!

I am going to program my own which lasts 40 mins and takes me slowly from 15 to 4 hz and see what the results are and post them on here!

Long live bwgen!

Lysear

Adrian

Geeetings Lysear!

Congratulations on your BWGEN experiences!

What pre-set did you use for your results?

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Lysear

i tried with 2. one i got sent by email, cant remember who sent it though. Although equally successful was the deep meditation 2 (deep) which starts at 14 hz and goes down to four over a period of 20 minutes. perhaps if you stretch or do some exercise before listening to the tape it will be even more effective and just as quick? i will try that next.

Lysear

MartyD

Tensing your muscles up and relaxing helps a bit.

-Martin-

astralmaster

BTW: i tried again, but it did not work.

adrian: when you find a solution, PM me

David
David

Lysear

I have been working with the deep meditation program on bwgen for a week or so now and i feel that although its good its not quite what i need. I am going to try the sleep induction program for the next week then report back onto here to see how that goes.

Lysear

mayhem

Recently I had a successful (mind awake/body asleep) experience. My first really. It happend using BWGEN and it only took about 20-30 minutes. Today I decided to try to share it with this forum. I created a mp3 from high quality wav files  and compressed them into 192 bit mp3. I've tried submitting it to files twice and had little luck. Im posting a link to the file and to sqr softs crossfading plugin for winamp (fixes the gap between songs).Good luck to everyone who tries it. Enjoy

Sample:(Click and Save, then Unzip)
http://www.sl33pl3ss.cc/mayhem/waterfall-192.zip
CrossFading:
http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/files/out_sqr175.zip

Lysear

i tried the sleep induction preset last night. It was ok, there were a couple of times within the 20 min time where I started sinking, but i didnt quite get there.

johntaylor53

You can make some awesome background sounds for use with bwgen using this software. Its called Atmosphere and creates ambient soundscapes which you can record straight to .wav. And its free!

http://www.relaxingaudio.com

stevewhite2000

Hey everyone.....I accidently posted my message (TWICE!) in the general astral consciousness forum and not in this specific thread. Yeah...I do feel pretty stupid.  
Just thought I'd let everyone know that there is a basic way of using a preset that doesn't come with the BWGEN program. If you download Deepmind4, you could use it with the trial version of BWGEN without having to buy it.
If you look in the BWGEN folder, there will be a file called Presets. This is all the standard BWGEN presets that come with the trial version. If you then download Deepmind, you can move the Presets file out of that folder and put the Deepmind preset in the BWGEN folder and rename it to Presets. This now runs only Deepmind.
If you want to use the other presets, you then have to rename Deepmind back and put the old Presets file back into the folder.
Hope this is of some help to those that want to try the Deepmind preset and can't afford to buy the full version BWGEN.
Good Luck...

Shade Night

I've got the software, but now I'm curious as to how I'm supposed to use it. Just sit there and listen, or couple it with exercises? Any pairing of the two work particularly well?