Can anyone shed light on my experience and level?

Previous topic - Next topic

Curious39

Hi Everyone!

I'm brand new to the forum, so as a matter of introduction, my name is Sean and I'm happy to be here!

I was hoping that some experienced projection-savvy folks might be able to shed light on where I am in the process of actually projecting (I will throw in details too).

I started deep relaxation around 1986.  I simply lay flat on my back, my head either on a flat pillow or just on the mattress.  My hands rest on my hips/hipjoint area (about where pockets would be... just seems natural and easy to let go).  Within a very short period of time I was experiencing a complete loss of body sensation and odd body positional feelings.  My hands would feel like they were turned palm-up rather than palm-down... I would feel upside down or suspended in space... feelings of my body turning or falling.  At one point, around ... oh... I want to say 1990-1991... I had a strange experience where I felt that I was mentally (not a physical relocation) standing in the dark in front of a council of 12 beings (who wore purple robes with hoods that covered their heads).  They gave me a dagger and an amulet.  I fell asleep after that and woke later.  Beats me.  Vivid imagination or something else?  I don't know.

So I gave up on the relaxing a year or two later but recently have picked up again, this time with the intent to have an out of body experience.

Same body position.   I get to a point where I can feel a few points of tension in my body.  My "existence" and focus seem to be almost 100% in my head... looking out of the area of where the third eye is... deep into my closed eyelids -- as if out past them into space.  Sometimes my focus shifts visually from there to directly behind my eyes.  I certainly feel a level of trance of some sort.  Now this is where I am confused....

I let go.  At some point along this relaxation path, my body lets go.  The sensation of my physical body almost completely vanishes... although something odd happens with my breathing and sensation... my breathing begins to go VERY fast and my body kind of ... is completely relaxed but (vibrate?  I dunno... it doesn't feel electric but it is VERY odd).  I sort of feel like my heart is going a zillion miles per hour but its not my heart... it seems more like what I read once is the chest chakra opening up.   

I've read that people experience that then just .. pop out.   Well, I haven't.  I get to that point then try the rope technique but thus far to no avail. 

I'm not sure what to try next or what steps to take (or for that matter, where I am on the path to getting out!  LOL)

Does any of this sound like something someone could shed some light on? 

Much thanks!

Sean

MisterJingo

If those are the 'vibrations' you are feeling, the most successful way of 'getting out' for me is by using the roll out technique. Simply start rolling over (your body should be paralysed at this point) until you reach the edge of the bed and fall onto the floor. Sometimes the sensation of rolling and landing on the floor is very weak. in such cases start crawling and focusing all attention on the tactile sensations this evokes (should evoke). This reinforces the experience and usually soon makes it a lot more solid and adds other senses to the experience.
I've never had any success with the rope technique.
Another technique I've had success with is a tactile visualisation where I make it feel as if my arms are stretched out from my body (90 degrees) and holding onto some form of bar. I then 'feel' my one arm pull slightly, and immediately the other arm does the same, so it creates a swaying sensation. I increase the amount I pull as the visualisation develops, until soon I feel a very large swaying motion. This usually kicks in the vibrations in a major way for me, I then simply roll out. I find this visualisation takes a lot of effort to maintain, so quite frequently I never reach a stage conducive to experiencing the vibrations.

Curious39

Mister Jingo,

I relaxed early this morning and I think I may have discovered something.  Let me back up a second...

Yesterday morning when I relaxed, I got to the same point I described.  I felt some remaining tension, then suddenly "let go" and lost sensation in my body... however, my breathing became rapid, and what I described as a rapid heartbeat occurred.  I actually think a better description is a "quickening."  My internal vision and consciousness was absolutely into a trance-like place.  All day I was puzzled and dwelling on what this level was... so I posted here.

Now... last night I was home, getting ready to watch "American Idol" with my daughters.  Well, at the time I was sort of noodling around on my guitar.  I noticed that I was tensing the muscles of my trapezius in various locations on my left side... why?  Because I was watching the fretboard.  This is relevant because I have, more than likely, overstressed those muscles and they are not likely to relax as I would like.

During this morning's session, I payed particular attention to releasing those locations in my relaxation.  When I felt my body "vanish" and the quickening happened... I noticed that those areas pulsed.  

My theory:  I'm actually pre-trance phase.  I haven't reached paralysis because certain muscles will not let go -- even if I acutely "choose" to forget them.  I actually "let go" but then rebound because they are possibly locked or cramped.  

Does any of that make sense?

Sean