News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Concentration exercise

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

Interesting... but holding them for 60 seconds..... 10 minutes??

I can get the desired image but only for a moment and then it goes, its also a bit of a blur. I get most success from the cross image but it tends to blink on and off!

Good exercise though!

Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Adrian

Greetings Gandalf,

That is why it is a concentration exercise.

You should be able to hold the merged image for 60 minutes to be  making some real progress [:)]

If you can hold it for 10 minutes however, you should find it gets progressivly easier after that. After 60 minutes, you should be able to hold the image for as long as you need to.

I agree - it is an excellent concentration exercise.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

kakkarot

very nice concentration excercise. also teaches that just forcing the two images to overlap doesn't work; you actually have to use force rather gently until you get it just right - not too much, not too little. [:)]

i've got the cross one to stay together for a second, but i can't get the ying and yang to get even close together. maybe i'm not far enough from the screen[|)]. i'll keep at it.

thanks adrian. i've seen the site before (a few times), but i've never really used it.

~kakkarot

lateralus897

I can do the cross circle exercise a little. I just phase in and out of seeing one of the two circles rather than both at the same time (which is the purpose of the exercise if i'm not mistake, to see both at the same time). But with the yin yang one, I get them yin yang close, and try to keep it focused, and the turquise side simply disappears! what?! yes, it disappears! I can see both red sides, but both of the turquise are just gone. Any idea what that means?

kakkarot

maybe you become colour blind during certain mental states? or your mind just fails to see certain things? perhaps you have a blind spot in the area that gets more pronounced when you do these excercises?

sorry, i don't know. [|)]

~kakkarot

Brian Hacking

I think that that would be a problem with that hemisphere of you brian taking over.

When I do it I have a problem of which color is more prominent,   mostly in the cross excersise,   I will get a Horizontal Break in the circle, then a vertical,  then a horizontal,   This excersise is about balancing the hemispheres so they are more or less equal,  not flashing back and forth,  or having one more domninant or the other.

One of the reasons for this,  (I believe)  is that one half of the brain is the Perciever,  and the other is the analytical portion.   If the perciever is mostly dominant and the other half is dormant,  it's difficult to store the memories of the experience,    If the balance is too far the other way,  you have trouble even percieveing the experience.   When they are balanced,  you are more concious,  less 'dreamy' and remember more of the experience.

Keep practicing and you'll get it. (I will too)

With Love,
Brian

fredhedd

i havne't tried the last one yet but the first two i can do w/out my finger.  it took less than a minute.  it's easy if you move your finger back and forth to see where the best spot is.  after you find the easiest spot for yourself and get the visual trick down, you can take your finger away.  the image will appear blurry the first few times you get it but after a few minutes you should be able to see the image clearly, w/out your finger.   how will this help me see aura's?  i've never really tried before because i thought it would take a lot of time to be able to do.  maybe if i can do this so easily i would do good w/ that.

kakkarot

dude! are you sure your post isn't haunted? or are you using animated gifs? when i came to reply to this post this time i scrolled down and saw the two circles from the cross excercise overlapping each other! and it wasn't my imagination.

i thought i had seen that happen the first time i went to post on this thread and i chalked it up to my imagination then, but this time i'm definately sure i saw it. that's freaky.

but anyway, on to why i was posting. i've figured out that the reason why i couldn't get the second one to work was because i wasn't sitting far enough away. it's much easier when you are sitting the full meter away from the screen than when you're not.

also, lateralus897, i'm having the same thing you're going through, except depending on which eye is dominating my vision as i try the excercise, either the yin or yang can disappear. i've been able to do this in my room, making objects disappear from my vision, and even being able to make my entire vision go completely black even when in a brightly lit room (just takes a heck of a lot of concentration). so it's really nothing to worry about.

~kakkarot

kakkarot

whew, i just saved the pic onto my harddrive and opened it up using an external pic viewer and found out that it IS an animated gif. it just doesn't loop on adrian's post. boy, do i feel dumb [:I]. lol

~kakkarot

fredhedd

that's damn funny kakkarot.  i saw the same thing the first time and thought it was my imagination too.

fredhedd

is this bad for your eyes at all?  sixty minute seems like a long time to be doing something like this.

Squeek

I have some questions that I wanted to present about the pictures for a while.  

1)  It comes easy to me to split the images.  But holding a fixed gaze at something on the computer screen really hurts my eyes.  How am I to progress with this?

2) It's hard to keep them lined up.  Does having the finger up actually help, cause i do it without the finger.

3) How far away is a meter  :p    I use Imperial units.

Thank you:

~Squeek

Links Shadow

Squeek, if looking at the screen for a while hurts your eyes then print the images out. If you are on a PC right click on the picture and select "print picture". This is what I did so that I can practice in school as well as at home. Also for the distance use you arm length it should work pretty well for you. Depending on how big you are it could be very close to a meter.

fredhedd

its' not the screen that hurts my eyes but the excersize itself.  anyone?

Links Shadow

Fredhedd, try to squint, close your eyes a bit. Make it where you are looking past your eyelashes. The image will be a little fuzzy because of you eyelashes, but it should be easier to practice without hurting your eyes. Personally, I think that it is harder to do it while squinting.

Blossom

I must be lucky... This is easy for me.  With or without my finger.  The very last yin/yang:  When I first read this, I thought "How can this be?..they are facing the wrong direction", but when I changed focus, there it was.........

I like these..  I am saving them.

Blossom
~~Blossom~~

-----------
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."
In Alice in Wonderland by 'Cheshire Cat'

Do

These exercises really take me back nearly 20 years to when I was doing vision therapy with an optometrist to try to save my faltering vision.  Drawing these images together into one image is "diplopia awareness" (as an old optometrist friend liked to call it when we did weird vision exercises with candles at the tail-end of dinner parties & freaked out all of our friends!).  How much these exercises do for coordinating the left-and-right hemispheres of the brain is an open question, but it does a lot for helping the two eyes to work together in tandem.  It also helps to differentiate between left & right (a problem for many of us with these vision difficulties)  If you can't perform the exercises, don't be worried that your brain isn't cooperating ~ it may be a difficulty with your eye muscles and the ability of your eyes to work together.  (Hey, if I can do it, as poorly as I see, you can.  It's just a matter of practice.)

Exercises like this ~ quite apart from their utility as vision therapy ~ remind us that what we think we see isn't necessarily what's there ~ and what's there isn't necessarily what we see!

Links Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Do

Exercises like this ~ quite apart from their utility as vision therapy ~ remind us that what we think we see isn't necessarily what's there ~ and what's there isn't necessarily what we see!

You are so right, their are many times now where I can make things I see disappear before my eyes if I practice one of these exercises enough. It is kind of cool to be able to touch something that you can't see their in front of you.

drastr

quote:
Originally posted by fredhedd

...   how will this help me see aura's?  i've never really tried before because i thought it would take a lot of time to be able to do.  maybe if i can do this so easily i would do good w/ that.

I never tried to see aura's before either.  After going to the sight Adrian posted and doing the first exercise I was delighted that I could see the aura's of the circles.  Especially since I was frustrated that I couldn't hold the cross for very long in the second exercise!  The aura thing was a breeze by comparison.  I was having such a good time with that so I opened the Word program and drew a cirlce, which I then filled with different colors of the rainbow (one at time of course).  I then shifted my focus and could see the aura's each color threw.  I was having fun. (It doen's take much sometimes!)

Thanks for posting this Adrian.  Since I've had some sucess with this -  now maybe I'll be able to see SOMETHING in those 3d posters everyone else can see something in!

cyro393

good execise so what your saying is when you do that you can do the same thing and see a aura?........  COOLwell see ya

Squeek

It still hurts...

If you read the article, they say that it's hard to use our standard vision for metaphysical sights.  My vision blurs after about 10 seconds.  

~Squeek

David Staveley

On the subject of getting the hemispheres to work together better, I had a dream a while back that got me thinking. The dream occured just before I woke, and for about half a day afterwards my brain was really on the ball, like I had intuitive help solving problems. Basically, the dream was about arranging sandbags in such a way as to stop water getting through a doorway. I think the conbination of problem solving, which is left brain, and spatial awareness (the arrangment of the bags), which is right brain got the two working together. It probably wouldn't be too difficult thinking up mental exercises that use both sides of the brain simultaneously in order to get them working together more. Any ideas anyone?

Squeek

I got it!!

TETRIS!

:D

~Squeek

Novice

I tried the exercises as well. I had the same problem that someone else does with the circles. I can easily get them to overlap, but my hemispheres fluctuate dominance. I'll see the verticle line, or the horizontal and it flashes back and forth. I can see the complete cross, but only for a second at a time. Then I loose it. But keeping the circles overlapped is easy.

As for the first yin/yang. It was interesting. I couldn't get them too close together at first. But then it was like they 'flew' into position. It took me less than a minute for that to happen. For a moment, I also had the disappearing blue side. But it quickly came back. Once I had them together, they would sporadically shift, but only slightly. ANd I was able to pull them back together. But what was interesting, was as I did this, the auras of both sides became very apparent. I saw a sky blue aura around the red half and a light yellow aura around the turquoise half. Did anyone else have this happen? I wasn't staring very long, only about a minute or so.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Ashfo

So are you supposed to look at your finger infront of the screen, kind of like a magic eye type exercise? Or are you supposed to look at the screen... in focus or out of focus?