News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Cycling

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

I love experimenting with many ways to achieve a good NP focus. I take simple concepts and revise them until I find something beneficial. I have experimented with Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones, Light Sound Machines, Visualization, different Breathing Practices, all kinds of different things.

There is a member here named Cosmic.iron who created this thread: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/lding_for_idiots_senses_initiated_lucid_dream_ssild-t36757.0.html

I used his idea as stated for my morning AP sessions. But then I began to experiment with his concept of "Cycling" a bit further. I began using it in my regular daily/nightly sessions as well. But as usual I added my own twist to things. I found a way to bring on a deep trance or what would be known as Focus 12 very quickly. Here is that technique.

Just a couple of things before I go any further with this. As in any attempt, make sure you are comfortable. Wear loose clothing, take a couple of breaths, whatever it takes to calm you down. Also, if it is too loud where you are you can either wear some earplugs or even some ear phones to muffle any sound. If light is a problem, you can use a blindfold too. Okay, now to the technique. It is very simple.

Step 1-Close your eyes and for 20 seconds focus only on the darkness before your eyes. As you do this say in your mind "I see". (Your eyes should be closed for this entire process.)  Don't strain your eye muscles though. Your eyeballs should be resting, totally relaxed. If you don't see anything that's only normal. Do not attempt to spot visuals by moving your eyes around.

Step 2-Focus only on your hearing for 20 seconds. Listen for any sounds you can hear. As you do this say in your mind "I hear".

Step 3-Focus only on any tactile sensations for 20 seconds.  Direct your attention to your body. Try to feel any sensations such as tingling, heaviness, lightness, spinning sensations, etc. As you do this say in your mind "I feel".

Repeat steps 1-3 over and over for about 5 minutes. Basically estimate how much time you are taking. When you feel comfortable with these simple steps, move on to step 4 and 5.

Step 4-Now I want you to be aware of the seeing, hearing and feeling simultaneously for 10 seconds. Don't worry if you can't sense them all at the same time. Just try to be aware of everything.

Step 5-Be aware of "nothing" for 10 seconds. Let go of the seeing, hearing and feeling. If you still find yourself aware, don't worry. Repeat the entire cycle step 1-5 over and over again.

You will know when to stop. I did this earlier this afternoon and after about 5 minutes of it, I was deep in trance and experiencing all kinds of unique things. When I finally stopped, I found that about 50 minutes had gone by. It didn't seem like that to me, but it did. Like they say "time flies when your having fun".

Please make sure you share your results here with others. I hear people all the time say they can't turn their "monkey mind" off or they are having a problem getting and maintaining a good NP focus. Well, this is a very simple technique, that can be done anytime and it will help you get to and maintain a deep NP focus. What you do from there is up to you!  :wink:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

FuzzyQuills

I might as well make myself the first poster to this topic! :) Anyway, I've been having a few issues trying to AP again (I couldn't really do it to begin with, but I got awfully close a couple of times!) and most of those issues has been due to the cold weather where I am.

But this one here I can give a go tonight and report back... Could even get me out first pop! :) If I can at least get to V-state again, I will be thanking you! :)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

ThaomasOfGrey

I like this. I have been making most of my projection attempts in the very early morning hours. At this time I find my mentality to be not very conducive to complex focus. Doing anything other than going back to sleep takes a tremendous effort. This seems like relatively light work so I will give it a spin for those sessions.

FuzzyQuills

Well, I decided finally to give it a proper try today during class... (It's sports day where I am, and I don't do interschool sport so.. it's study class for the day. ;))

The bell went, my teacher went out of the room, so I closed my eyes, and started the SSILD process in my mind...

"i see... (1.. 2.. 3..) i feel... (1.. 2.. 3..)"

Anyway, don't ask why I posted that. ;) When my next teacher came in, I opened my eyes, and my balance was completely off for a good 4 seconds! So something was working! :)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.