The new and old foundations of trance.

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluefirephoenix

I went to a fantastic workshop this weekend and some of what I learned can be utilized here. In addition to the Metephysicist Al Conrad I went to a workshop which demonstrated the use of hypnosis as a tool.  My question was " Is hypnosis the same as a trance I use for channeling"  In going through the procedure, I found that this is not only the same type of trance that I use for channeling, it is the same as you use for astral projection. This opens a whole world of resources and techniques. Self hypnosis and hypnosis are well developed fields of psychology. They are tools used for a variety of things. There is training available, and you can go into considerable depth in learning the methods involved. Rick Hunter a local hypnotherapist was impressive and one of the most compassionate and positive person I've ever met. These are some resources that he provided us during the sessions and discussions.

http://www.henrybolduc.com/selfhypnosisbook/selfHypnosis.htm  THese are free resources.
willy Sutphenhttps://www.dicksutphen.org/Shop/  I would look at the scripts for hypnosis he uses.

Rick advised me when looking for self hypnosis scripts that the wording be positive as the subconscious does not comprehend negative statments. so sentences with Don't should be reworded. and wording should always be in present tense as the subconscious does not experience time.  Time is an abstraction used to catalog experiences.

I found that using a sequential self hypnosis tape to stabalize the trance. Basically everything all the work done with astral projection and phasing involve this to some degree. I gave the example of Edgar Cayce earlier.

This should be done when your mind is fresh and awake. Participants in the workshop found that they fell asleep during the session instead of going into trance if they were too fatigued. I sat in a chair and worked. I don't think that initially projection or phasing should be practiced in bed laying down. trancework should be done sitting if your inclined to doze off, or in a recliner if you have trouble relaxing.

This a basic skill that can be used for other things besides projection. So if you master the method then you can work on specific focii, such as astral projection, spiritual development, or channeling. Using specific focus during projection practice will improve the quality of your experience. Remember that phasing is a continuem. It is not a here or there type of thing. Towards one end of the spectrum it's all involving but lesser projections are still projections and the content can be very meaningful.