Did anyone take a LONG time to project?

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagar

Hey all!
So I've been trying to project for a solid year now but I haven't had any success yet.  I have been able to raise energy through all my chakras for about 8 months and can induce light trances where I can't feel my body anymore as well as deep, deep trances where I literally feel like my head is separated from my body, hundreds of feet above my bed and my conscious is trying to burst right out through the top of my head.  I have had a great many dreams where I talk with my spirit guide (which may be lucid dreams or projections) but I have not yet had a conscious exit.  I stretch deeply before trying to astral project so that I am relaxed and I feel like I'm doing everything correctly but I can't seem to get out.  And a result of this is that I have become discouraged in my abilities.  So... I am wondering if there are some people that took years to have their first conscious projection so that I don't feel so alone in this process taking a long time.  I figured at first this process would be quicker (due to reading RB's 90 day guide). 

Thank you
For the Love

Xanth

Sagar

You know Xanth,  that really does make me feel better and I thank you for that. 
For the Love

LightBeam

I was not successful for years trying meditation, energy rising, chakras, etc basically following Robert Monroe's suggestions. Not a thing happened. Later I found William Buhlman's book decided to give it a try on the visualization/motion technique and within three weeks it happened. Everyone is different, so for me meditation and phasing do not work at all, but through the above mentioned technique with regular practice I get to maintain at least twice a week APs. Not during the day though, when you are too awake it's hard to fully tune your awareness. At lest for most people. I am usually awaken during deep sleep in SP and from there I become very conscious and off I go. So, try different techniques, but stick with one at a time for at lest two months. A lot of people think that if they visualize before bed once, then that night they have to have an AP. That usually does not work if you have not practiced that for a while and have adjusted your awareness.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Astralzombie

You said that you have already projected from dreams so you shouldn't really be too concerned with making a conscious exit. The destination is the same as is the experience so you already have a projecting technique that works just fine.

I know some people place a higher value on conscious exits but I have had both and don't prefer one over the other. :-) :-)

Unless it is important to your spiritual beliefs, I would suggest postponing the energy work until you have had personal experiences that lead you to believe that it is important to you. Don't get caught up in trying to incorporate many different tools early in your explorations. They can be a hindrance at times when you attempt too much too soon.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Astralsuzy

You are extremely close to ap.   You are in the position to do it.   You just need to learn how to do it.   I would love to have your sensations.   I would be aping a lot more often.  It would be wonderful.   You do not need to take years to ap.   You can ap now.  Practice moving away from your body.   

Xanth

Quote from: Sagar on June 27, 2014, 04:05:27
You know Xanth,  that really does make me feel better and I thank you for that. 
Never give up.  Giving up only ensures you will be unsuccessful.

With that said... what caused my issues for over 10 years was that I read and learned too much about what other people said and experienced.  It sounds counterproductive, but forget everything you've heard and just do it.

It took me over 10 years to realize (to ALLOW myself to realize) that I've been projecting my entire life... I was writing those experiences off as "dreams" and/or "lucid dreams".  They are every bit as valid as any "astral projection".  HOW you experience the non-physical is meaningless.  The only important thing is that you experience it.

Sagar

Thank you all for the advice!  I'll look into the visualization/motion method.  One thing I have also read on this site was to not even try to push myself out.  But to just enjoy the trance, energy, and hypnagogia and just let my body phase out when its ready.  All things to try.  It sounds like all I need to do is keep trying different methods until something works   :-)
For the Love

Dreamshards

I have been trying for many years and I still am more succesful by becoming conscious in my dreams. I can not lay down and start meditating with the intention of projecting, but often wake up from dreams and then slip back into unconsciousness knowing I can leave my body.

Sagar

I personally think my projection from the dream was a hell of a lot of good luck.  I don't do any reality checks during the day or work on lucid dreaming techniques because I'm personally more attracted to the other side of OBE's.  Although if I have had success with a dream then maybe it is another thing to look into.  My twin brother is the one taking the lucid dream path so we have very different experiences in all this.  He's getting more and more successful lucid dreams every month but he just can't remember what it is he needs to do once he becomes lucid.  He literally asks himself "What was it I was supposed to do now?"  And then wakes up really frustrated with himself  :-P
For the Love

Szaxx

Take the thought of being successful everywhere with you. The trying to do this or that is too flippant. The whole thing occurs naturally. You need to stay awake enough to realise who you are and let the sleep process do the rest.
You'll already have some experiences, the strange noises heard that are not physical world oriented. Some vague images of shapes start appearing. These continue to get more defined until you see recognisable items or locations. You attempt to focus upon them and they're gone.
This is a big stumbling block for many, you simply keep your mind free from distractions and ignore these images. Try to keep your eyes still, looking forwards and not focused upon anything.
Basically do nothing, just take mental notes on going to sleep to see how long you can retain the knowing you're you. No calculating how long you've been trying. Or hey, I saw our back garden. These thoughts will slow you down. Just be passive and self aware as above and expect absolutely nothing. No raising energy or rolling out for now. Just a self aware passive state of mind.
It's all you need to keep in check. The rest will happen automatically.

Think about this similarity below.
You have to pick up a stone first before it can be dropped.
Glueing it to anything is a fail, even if picking it up is made easy, you cannot drop it as it's already stuck.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Ellury

I have yet to project when I'm actually attempting to, but my most exciting experience happened when I was trying to do nothing at all. Yes, it would be amazing to project at will, but I am just happy to finally have a projection with full awareness, even if it took place inside my own subconscious reality. It was just the most amazing experience, even in it's simplicity. Progress is progress, no matter if you meant to get there or just happened there by accident. : ) I have been trying to AP off and on for 5 years since I first heard about it. In those five years I have only 4 lucid dreams. The 4th one I managed to get into full awareness and finally ask to see my guides, whom I got to see briefly! : ) It's my most cherished experience now <3

AAAAAAAA

Some of us are naturals and it took us no time at all to learn how to project. You don't need to focus too hard about pushing through. Work smarter, not harder. Just find the angle at which you need to start from to make things go as smooth as possible.