Different types of meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

EnderZ

Well lets see, to start off I am not new here by anymeans, but I have not visited this forum in quite sometime.

I have been expirancing very strong lucid dreams lately which has sparked my interested again, having gone dorment for some time. These lucid dreams came on by their own will, I have not been "practicing."

On to my question.
Usualy when I meditate, I reach for the "mind awake/body asleep" state, the trance state. When practicing to AP, I raise my frequency to induce the vibrations, which is effective for me. However, I thought about trying to lower my frequency instead, to see if the meditation would be different.

Upon concentrating on this, everything began to slow down. I felt as if I was shrinking inside myself, being just a tiny tiny dot somewhere in the back of my head, my feet felt as if they were miles and miles away from me, same with my hands. My body felt lifeless.

What felt different also was that normaly when I meditate, my mind is in a trance and I have to focus on maintaining this trance. Here, my mind was not in a trance at all, it was as if I was awake doing my day to day things, but instead my body was in a trance.

---
Does anyone else practice this type of meditation?  What are the benefits of meditating in this fashion, and is there any downside to it?

Also if there are other types of meditation I would love to hear it.

Sorry if my english is bad, and thanks for listening.
-En

EnderZ

Leilah

That's interesting. I don't see what the possible downsides there are to this meditation. I guess the only way to find out is to see for yourself!

There has been only one time that I've felt like a point of consciousness and that was about a year ago, albeit randomly. I'm going to try this out.
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

Leilah

Well, well, well. Today I took my afternoon nap and sometime during it I started feeling vibrations. I remembered the "lowering your frequencies" technique and it was very cool!

As soon as I started doing it, the vibes mellowed out, I mellowed out, and  some type of invisible force slowly pushed the... head within my head? down into my bed. It was weird. But I felt very calm throughout the experience and I loved the slow motion effect. Looks like we got a winner.
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place

greatoutdoors

I am not sure what you mean by "lower your frequency." How do you do this?  :confused:

CFTraveler

Quote from: runlolaLast night, after 30 minutes of trance meditation I was
blasted into the bright blue sky, I could see clouds
& I seemed to be twirling at a very high speed. It
felt great, just like I was catapulted into the sky.
:cool: Cool!

Leilah

Runlola, that's exactly how I would have put it. Going down, deeper and deeper.
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place

hypnotist1

HI runlola,

Yes it is a state of hypnosis going down deeper and deeper.  You probably reached a State of Somnambulism or Deep Somnambulism in the Theta State.

I sent you a PM I guess you didn't read it yet lol.

Sincerely,
Frank (hypnotist1)
Certified Hypnotist