Does alcohol relate to altered consciousness?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I'm not planning on using Alcohol to induce an OBE, but it made me slightly curious last weekend when I got rather tipsy for the first time in my life I felt like my body wanted to constantly go into sleep paralysis. What would happen if I was to attempt an OBE induction whilst under the influence of Alcohol?

Rudolph

My guess is that if you're like most people you would quickly fall asleep.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Contenteo

Alcohol is a depressant.

It impedes the central nervous system.

Thus, astral projection, the art of disconnecting oneself from physical consciousness, would in theory be easier.

Unfortunately, hanging on to your waking consciousness while going through this process is also impeded.

Therefore your projections/dreams after heavy consumption tend to be vivid, yet uncontrollable scattered, and usually hellish of sorts. In this way, they are not very memorable either.

I don't recommend using alcohol as a crutch. A drowsy state of mind is much more effective.

Cheers,
Contenteo

stevetrindall

I really dont recommend using alcohol as a way to OBE. If your anything like me, when I have to much to drink, I fall to sleep within seconds of getting into bed.

Szaxx

Hi,
You could try spinning round for a while, the effects don't harm you but feel similar when lying down. Start when drowsy, don't fall then lie down quickly. The feel of it can be used to separate.
Give it a whirl lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

stevetrindall

Quote from: Szaxx on March 21, 2012, 08:12:31
Hi,
You could try spinning round for a while, the effects don't harm you but feel similar when lying down. Start when drowsy, don't fall then lie down quickly. The feel of it can be used to separate.
Give it a whirl lol.

Might help if you get a sick bucket ready for that technique  :-D

Boom

Alcohol makes it difficult to concentrate, and as such makes OBE difficult, and you'll end up just falling asleep.

However, a small amount of alcohol can be beneficial.  I actually find myself in a heightened state of awareness after say 1 pint. I feel more in tune with my wider self. But then its downhill from there.