Does practising AP help in spontaneous LD's?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

It's just, recently I've had a lot of lucid dreams, when I've actually been trying to astral project, using the method which usually consists of lying still and noticing. Now I've never had an astral projection straight from the waking state, but I've had a lot of lucid dreams which have happened in the middle of my sleep, I mean, last night I had a lucid dream which lasted quite a long while, and I was perfectly conscious.

So my question is, have I finally found a way of making my lucid dreams more common?

Cheers people!

Xanth

Rudolph

Just from my personal experience --

When I put strong effort into conscious AP yet fail to AP I get a big increase in LD experiences.

When my attempts at conscious AP are successful I get nearly a complete cessation of LD's.

:|

probably just a stage I am working through...

Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Jdeadevil

Thanks guys, just what I wanted to hear.  :-)

ayearhasgone

Fun fact-- you can project from a lucid dream.   :wink:

Jdeadevil

Quote from: ayearhasgone on August 21, 2011, 17:13:49
Fun fact-- you can project from a lucid dream.   :wink:

I tried doing that in my first lucid dream that I can remember having the previous few months, no luck though. In-fact I attempted it during both my first memorable lucid dreams. :l

Summerlander

To me, astral projection and lucid dreaming is the same thing.  It's the phase state.  They are both OOBEs.  I love you all and I'm so drunk.  I'm so sorry...I had so much red wine I feel bonked.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Summerlander on August 21, 2011, 19:17:29
To me, astral projection and lucid dreaming is the same thing.  It's the phase state.  They are both OOBEs.  I love you all and I'm so drunk.  I'm so sorry...I had so much red wine I feel bonked.

You're totally going to feel silly tomorrow. :p

Summerlander

Stookie_

I never had a lucid dream prior to learning conscious AP. I now have them on a fairly regular basis.

Lionheart

That's one of the bonuses of Phasing. Once you start, you will see you will have a lot of firsts. Just wait until you start seeing Orbs in the daytime.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Lionheart on August 22, 2011, 12:17:43
That's one of the bonuses of Phasing. Once you start, you will see you will have a lot of firsts. Just wait until you start seeing Orbs in the daytime.

Oh God I'm not going to start seeing Ghosts am I? :(

Contenteo

Define ghost and you will understand that you are not seeing ghosts at all.

Cheers,
Contenteo

P.S. And to answer your topic question simply. Yes.

the8reader

haveing and LD is the easiest way to do it i think.. just have to know when your haveing a LD. they break down the walls of the dream.. the best way i found for me to do this is to tell myself i am dreaming and to stop all emotion.. or try to. the other way is to just fly out of the dream.. but when you get used to it you will find out own way to do it..
is it bad when your dreams are better than real life!

astralp

yes.  I have noticed that practicing ap will make me lucid dream more often.  Glad im not the only one who notices this.  And I also think lucid dreaming and astral projection are too closely related to say they are different things.  I even notice that talking about ap and posting in these forums gives me more lucid dreams or ap's.
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

Foxy la Flash

I totally agree, I've been practicing meditation and relaxation for AP's again after a long break, and last night I had my first lucid dream in 20 years, so there must be a link.

I'm afraid I got too excited though and after some superficial exploring I woke up to strong vibrations.  A big step for me :)