Drugs and meditation/energy/OBEs

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagar

Do all drugs hinder your ability to focus/raise energy/project?  I've experimented with alcohol and have found that I can barely focus for a few minutes when trying to meditate, and through a lack of a focus, energy work is practically impossible.  I've also read here on the pulse that even If I did have any focus, alcohol severely drains your energy anyway. 
But I was wondering if tobacco does the same thing.  I don't smoke, and I'm not looking for anyone to advise trying any crazy drugs to induce an OBE, but has anyone found that chewing tobacco hinders your ability to project?  When I chew before I go to sleep I can raise energy, focus, and get into trances but I'm starting to wonder if my chewing tobacco addiction is what's holding me back. 
For the past month or so I've been trying Xanth's method of not using a technique to get out but just enjoy the trance and let myself slip.  Maybe tobacco is not letting me relax enough to "slip out"?
For the Love

lillymoon

Quote from: Sagar on July 10, 2014, 20:12:42
Do all drugs hinder your ability to focus/raise energy/project?  I've experimented with alcohol and have found that I can barely focus for a few minutes when trying to meditate, and through a lack of a focus, energy work is practically impossible.  I've also read here on the pulse that even If I did have any focus, alcohol severely drains your energy anyway. 
But I was wondering if tobacco does the same thing.  I don't smoke, and I'm not looking for anyone to advise trying any crazy drugs to induce an OBE, but has anyone found that chewing tobacco hinders your ability to project?  When I chew before I go to sleep I can raise energy, focus, and get into trances but I'm starting to wonder if my chewing tobacco addiction is what's holding me back. 
For the past month or so I've been trying Xanth's method of not using a technique to get out but just enjoy the trance and let myself slip.  Maybe tobacco is not letting me relax enough to "slip out"?

I very doubt it's Tobacco. Just keep practicing like we all are :)

Sagar

Practice makes perfect right?  Thanks  :-)
For the Love

Lionheart

Quote from: Sagar on July 10, 2014, 20:35:42
Practice makes perfect right?  Thanks  :-)
You will find that "practice" seems to be the answer to quite a bit when related to AP. But it's the truth. Do the work, reap the rewards!  :-)

I don't think "chewing tobacco" would be as much as a "mind altering" substance as a actual Narcotic Drug would though.

I have to take Percocet when I have really severe pain and find that if anything, it tends to knock me out or make me extremely "loopy". Which is very hard, but not impossible, to achieve a good deep NP focus.

Fusions

just posting this, best dmt trip report I've come across, mind blowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5weupfOdxQ
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

Sagar

Thanks for the insight! Ill just keep doing what I'm doing and not worry too much about it
For the Love

Lionheart

Quote from: Fusions on July 10, 2014, 21:53:24
just posting this, best dmt trip report I've come across, mind blowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5weupfOdxQ
Thanks for the share Fusions. I particularly liked his opening statement where he said "I haven't done it since then, because I haven't needed to".

Once he became aware of the "Universal Awareness" for himself, he didn't need the "tool/drug" anymore.  :wink:

Bluefirephoenix

Perhaps a better question here is what do you want out of this.

The shamanic path that involves the plants containing DMT and other hallucinogens the shaman is not just taking the plants. It involves training and preparation that may be several years long with fasting and isolation the plant spirit is channeled. It's an involved ritual and one that takes you very near to death. You won't find this on the internet btw. I have friends who followed this path.

I find any substance that is not food can interfere with this sort of thing. Even caffiene.  IF your serious about it clean the system of everything and then try.