Emotions in Phasing techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

nofarewell7

Hi All,

I'm interested in your opinion in the role of emotions in Phasing, I mean what are they important in a rundown/noticing to induce phasing at the start of a session?
Is it good if the rundown is full of them, or should they be avoided completely? Should there be a balance? Or are they totally irrelevant?

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on November 18, 2020, 13:57:09
Hi All,

I'm interested in your opinion in the role of emotions in Phasing, I mean what are they important in a rundown/noticing to induce phasing at the start of a session?
Is it good if the rundown is full of them, or should they be avoided completely? Should there be a balance? Or are they totally irrelevant?
You can use anything at your disposal as long as it works for you personally. I don't. I use motion based focuses. Even though you can get involved in the scenario at hand that you are experiencing and you may display some kind of emotion, it isn't imperative that you do. The first thing I do when I gain awareness in a NPR environment, no matter how I got there (Phasing, Lucid Dream, etc.), is to passively observe everything with a air of curiosity. I like to take everything in first before I interact with it.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

nofarewell7

EscapeVelocity

I will second Lumaza's recommendation that the important thing is that whatever feels like it works for YOU is what you should stick with. There can be several reasons why a certain technique works for you at a certain time and that is another set of possible considerations; that is also how complex, yet subtle this practice can get...maybe why it is considered an "art". It's also why it can be so damn difficult at the beginning, there is a lot to work out.

What I have learned from others, and my personal experience was that "emotion" was the central issue I had to eliminate.  So your idea of incorporating emotion into a projection technique seems to me totally antithetical to the process. Emotion gets in the way. Thus what Lumaza describes as "passive observation" becomes a significant aspect to the majority of OBE experiencers, or at least to getting their early experiences.

Also, with regard to the idea of a Rundown or Visualization, the idea of rhythmic movement adds a dynamic to the experience that seems to work for most. So keep that idea within your awareness, it may show at some point.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

nofarewell7

Thanks very much to you too :) very insightful and important. Although I have only one comment. Lumaza passively observes the scene when entering the npr. Well I had some progress lately but I have yet to enter a scene yet. Although I guess and as I read other experiences/Xanth's book/etc, this passive observer status should be kept all the way from the start until the scene gets "solid". Eventually emotions might really be in the way.

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on November 21, 2020, 14:33:03
Although I guess and as I read other experiences/Xanth's book/etc, this passive observer status should be kept all the way from the start until the scene gets "solid".
\
...and then some!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

"Passively observing" is definitely the best method. The first three emotions that cause trouble and have to be brought under control are Fear, Excitement and Sexual Desire. It is situations involving one or more of these emotions that make our early explorations short and complicated, leading to the idea that these are tests of sorts.

It can also take a number of attempts to find the correct mental "balance" in order to step fully into a scene and have it become "solid"; but it can be done. So don't get frustrated if it seems slow, just notice your progress as you get closer.

And of course, ask questions as they occur to you. This is truly a "work in progress".

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on November 21, 2020, 23:36:24
\
...and then some!

meaning it's important, or it should be kept after it gets "solid" too? Or both? :)

nofarewell7

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on November 22, 2020, 02:44:28
"Passively observing" is definitely the best method. The first three emotions that cause trouble and have to be brought under control are Fear, Excitement and Sexual Desire. It is situations involving one or more of these emotions that make our early explorations short and complicated, leading to the idea that these are tests of sorts.

It can also take a number of attempts to find the correct mental "balance" in order to step fully into a scene and have it become "solid"; but it can be done. So don't get frustrated if it seems slow, just notice your progress as you get closer.

And of course, ask questions as they occur to you. This is truly a "work in progress".

EV

Thanks :) these can be really distracting for sure. In one way they can help as we can be more drawn into whatever we imagine, but in the meantime they are more than capable of interacting with the process by switching on physical aspects.

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on November 22, 2020, 20:06:15
meaning it's important, or it should be kept after it gets "solid" too? Or both? :)
Both. I personally continue to notice for a few minutes even after it becomes solid. This is when I start using my peripheral vision, which is normally a 360 degree viewing screen. That seems to help me adapt to my new environment.