Not Making it All the Way Out

Previous topic - Next topic

LaStella

Hello!  I'm new to actually trying to Astral Project...  I've always been open to the idea, and I've always taken it as generally possibly to do- but I've only just tried to do it yesterday, with aid of Bruce's book and one by Richard Webster.  Like the title says, however, I did not make it all the way out, lol.  I'm sure most of you know what I mean.

Basically, I relaxed mentally and physically for a period of 30 minutes- I was still conscious but I felt light as a feather and was at the point where I couldn't even feel the weight of the blanket on me.  I tried Richard Webster's "Will" method of Astral Projection... which is, where after deeply relaxing, figuring out where you want to go and why you want to go there and astral project, you mentally affirm that you are going to astral project, like a mantra.   It started to work the first time I tried this, but I got too excited and lost it.

The 4th time I tried, I realized it was happening: Vibrating head-to-toe, tones in my ears  pulsating hot/cold spots (especially at my lower abdomen), eye twitching, breathing deeply even though I felt like I was having a lot of difficulty, lightheadedness, feeling like I was rising up and out.. and also, everything went pitch black (I couldn't even see the coloured lights people usually get with their eyes closed), and my breathing was echoing, like I was inside a void or an empty black shell..?  (I hope that makes sense- sounded a little like darth Vader, LOL)

But it stopped at that.  I could not progress after that point.  I think maybe i was trying to control the twitching because it was bothering me and therefore lost my focus...  I felt definitely like I was "getting out" but.. well,  I'm just not sure what exactly was the problem and where or what stage I was stuck at.  

Any idea?
"He's a fool who wants a proof of what he can't percieve; And he's a blockhead who tries to make such a one believe."
             -The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Potatis

Gee LaStella, it sounds like you are making extremely fast progress. I recently had my first (and only small) OBE after almost a year of trying.

Just keep trying, but don't try too hard! There's lots of information here in the forums. Read the FAQs and try searches for things you specifically want to know from the search link. The problems you had, and their solutions have been written about a lot so you won't have trouble finding information.

You've had a lot of success in a short time. Keep doing what you are doing! :-)

Potatis