News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Eyes focus troubleshooting

Previous topic - Next topic

nofarewell7

Hi All, first of all sorry if this was covered somewhere else but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.
I have an issue which I could only recognize approx 2 weeks ago when tried a form of scrying/phasing. When I try to focus on something with my eyes, after a relatively short period of time they change focus automatically, I feel I have no deliberate choice on this. This discovery lead me to question whether my relative slow progress so far was due to this phenomenon. It happens when my eyes are closed too, so when I try phasing, I think this inevitable and periodically occuring autorocus is responsible for not keeping the shapes/forms that should build up and take me deeper. What are your take on this? Have you discovered/suffered anything similar? Is there a neurological or any kind of explanation/ solution to this? I think this is the main reason why I am stuck in my progress. Thanks in advance!

Nameless

The problem could be that you are putting too much emphasis on your focus. What really happens when you phase from a focused visual perception is that at some point you forget (or should forget) that you are actually physically focusing. This means you have now entered into a purely 'mind' state where what you see isn't even related to your physical vision anymore.

So when your eyes begin to drift or change focus you really don't even want to think about that. I notice my eyes tend to drift downwards and to the left so I just let them and that becomes my focus. I know all this sometimes seems counter-intuitive but since we make our own way discovering what works for ourselves it is totally intuitive.

What you are looking for is a balance between doing everything 'right' as per your understanding and doing what feels natural. Perhaps your eyes know something you don't.

ETA:  Trust yourself and not just who you think you are. Trust your body, your thoughts, your helpers and friends out there who may be guiding you unseen.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Nofarewell, I know you have read my Doorway thread, since you have already posted there yourself. I started talking about this exact thing in my July 27th 2018 post found there.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.150.html

The "defocusing" is a great sign. This shows that you are now undergoing a shift in consciousness faster than you "expect" Remember, it's important to loose any expectations and just observe for now. Don't fight it when your eyes defocus like this. I found the sensation that I experience during this to be extremely powerful. It felt like my head was going to explode. It doesn't last long though and when it is over, you will find that you are deep in a 3D depth, ala the "Void" scenario. Now, you can set your intent and be "there"!  :-)

I guess in a way you can call this Phasing 102. I say 102 because this is what occurs when you practice, have patience and finally do persevere!  8-) It's like you hit a whole new level now. Now you are seeing that it doesn't have to take so long to get to this point. All along, it was "you" that was getting in the way of your shift in consciousness.

Like Nameless said above, "you aren't physically focused anymore". You are now using your "Mind's eye" instead of your physical ones. This can happen almost immediately after you close your eyes to "notice" as well.  
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

nofarewell7

Quote from: Nameless on December 19, 2019, 21:01:35
The problem could be that you are putting too much emphasis on your focus. What really happens when you phase from a focused visual perception is that at some point you forget (or should forget) that you are actually physically focusing. This means you have now entered into a purely 'mind' state where what you see isn't even related to your physical vision anymore.

So when your eyes begin to drift or change focus you really don't even want to think about that. I notice my eyes tend to drift downwards and to the left so I just let them and that becomes my focus. I know all this sometimes seems counter-intuitive but since we make our own way discovering what works for ourselves it is totally intuitive.

What you are looking for is a balance between doing everything 'right' as per your understanding and doing what feels natural. Perhaps your eyes know something you don't.

ETA:  Trust yourself and not just who you think you are. Trust your body, your thoughts, your helpers and friends out there who may be guiding you unseen.
WOW thanks for this! This takes the tension off from this phenomenon and puts it to a far more important level and perspective, I really appreciate that! And very useful. Thanks a lot!

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on December 19, 2019, 21:57:46
Nofarewell, I know you have read my Doorway thread, since you have already posted there yourself. I started talking about this exact thing in my July 27th 2018 post found there.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.150.html

The "defocusing" is a great sign. This shows that you are now undergoing a shift in consciousness faster than you "expect" Remember, it's important to loose any expectations and just observe for now. Don't fight it when your eyes defocus like this. I found the sensation that I experience during this to be extremely powerful. It felt like my head was going to explode. It doesn't last long though and when it is over, you will find that you are deep in a 3D depth, ala the "Void" scenario. Now, you can set your intent and be "there"!  :-)

I guess in a way you can call this Phasing 102. I say 102 because this is what occurs when you practice, have patience and finally do persevere!  8-) It's like you hit a whole new level now. Now you are seeing that it doesn't have to take so long to get to this point. All along, it was "you" that was getting in the way of your shift in consciousness.

Like Nameless said above, "you aren't physically focused anymore". You are now using your "Mind's eye" instead of your physical ones. This can happen almost immediately after you close your eyes to "notice" as well.  
Hi, yes, definitely, although I haven't gone through the whole thread, and that was a mistake as it seems. Thanks very much for this and your other advice, I'll read this part too. Forgot to switch notifications on for this thread but now it is done. Very strange how we can dismiss the signs of our progress to something else. Thank you for this very important insight!

Yodad

Quote from: Nameless on December 19, 2019, 21:01:35I notice my eyes tend to drift downwards and to the left so I just let them and that becomes my focus.
I noticed my eyes do something similar too. I wonder if this has playing havoc for me as I was trying to keep eyes "slightly up" as suggested in some threads. Makes sense now that I could have been putting too much attention on the damn eyes. I will see where this goes instead.

Nameless

Nofarewell7, I do think it will help. You see Lumaza teaches us how to focus which is very important so those exercises he does and directs others to do are really a way to get you thinking and place your intent on your projected goals. So learning to focus is something we all need just remember focus is not all about the eyes. It's also about tactile stimulation and what you feel in your emotional center. Where I come in is to teach you how not to stress and put too much emphasis on what you are doing. It's about trust and learning to relax with that trust. You're doing great just stay balanced.

Yodad, I struggled with this same thing for awhile. The eyes seem to have a mind of their own. I've found that sometimes if I just let my eyes 'play' a bit it sort of loosens them up (for lack of better terminology). Now don't be surprised if you find yourself 'clicking' over when you let your eyes drift. But don't try to make it happen, just know it's okay. It also helps to switch your focus to something else entirely, let your thoughts ramble.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Yodad on December 20, 2019, 17:44:28
I noticed my eyes do something similar too. I wonder if this has playing havoc for me as I was trying to keep eyes "slightly up" as suggested in some threads. Makes sense now that I could have been putting too much attention on the damn eyes. I will see where this goes instead.
Frank and a few others here have spoke about keeping the eyes "slightly up".

I like Nameless's idea of just allowing the eyes to "naturally" do what they want to do. I experience the prompt to readjust my vision, when I am focused straight on. The next sensation I get is normally like a body wave, kind of like a intense chill of sorts that apexes at my head and brings on that exploding head feeling. When I get passed that, it doesn't seem like there is any certain direction that my eyes are focused on period. I just seem to see "everything" around me at the same time. The feeling of "expanse" is very profound. The exploding head symptom is very quick. It is really intense, but only lasts for about 10 seconds or so. The trick is to just observe it and allow it to commence. Like with almost everything in this practice that's easier to say than do though.  :-o :roll:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

nofarewell7

Quote from: Nameless on December 19, 2019, 21:01:35

Revised/thought this over and over, I am reacting to this comment again as it is quite much on spot. I think my issue has always been about that borderline between waking and sleeping consciousness. Yesterday I went to the theatre, I was exhausted and I slipped to a phase where the physical and - let's say, Kepple's F2 (or F3) consciousness met only for a really brief period of time. I saw a friend for 2 seconds so vividly that I actually couldn't really keep my attention on the play for the rest of it; but rather thought about that vision which overlapped it. During practice for some reason I stay so much in the physical that I cannot lose my focus in the noticing/rundown exercise. Maybe it's because I am afraid that I lose my consciousness if I let it deeper, or because of other reasons, but many times it happened that I really prepared for it and "noticed" many things, blobs, colours but still never got deeper, the shift never came (although I think my consciousness really would let the noticing happen). But either stayed in the physical or fell asleep. Well I guess the extended doorway's study will help this (thanks for that too!) - also, if anything comes to mind, please share. I think I've never been more clear on the boundaries. Cheers

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on December 30, 2019, 14:53:24
During practice for some reason I stay so much in the physical that I cannot lose my focus in the noticing/rundown exercise. Maybe it's because I am afraid that I lose my consciousness if I let it deeper, or because of other reasons, but many times it happened that I really prepared for it and "noticed" many things, blobs, colours but still never got deeper, the shift never came (although I think my consciousness really would let the noticing happen). But either stayed in the physical or fell asleep. Well I guess the extended doorway's study will help this (thanks for that too!) - also, if anything comes to mind, please share. I think I've never been more clear on the boundaries. Cheers
It's because this physical reality here teaches you to become just that, "physical". With this practice here we are "rewiring" that teaching.

Lately I have been paying a lot of attention to the "no eyes" part of the process. At some point in this practice while noticing, it turns into "being". Noticing seems to be the wrong term, even though we use it quite a bit here. It's more about allowing and being aware than anything else.

CFTraveller and Contenteo said it right in these quotes found at this the link below.
Quote by CFTraveller
"I agree.  To put it another way, you don't use your eyes to look, you use the third eye or pineal gland- behind your eyes.  The difference may escape you if you don't have a vision screen, but when you get one, you'll see the difference- many a good clairvoyant vision has been ruined by engaging the physical eyes-in my experience."

Quote by Contenteo
" Noticing really implies the process of waiting until your visual cortex shuts down and you start using your "third-eye." I believe it is the act of thinking about the blackness, which is inherently non-physical, that actually acts as the catalyst in speeding up the phasing process.  

I personal hate the word "notice" because it passively implies using your eyes. For someone who just hears the term it ends up being very confusing. But alas, I guess that's inevitable for a language that bases itself in the tangible realm.
"
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_to_gaze_at_the_blacness_during_noticing-t33879.0.html

Nameless

Nofarewell7, Overlap is a great term. That is what many of us refer to when we speak of dual consciousness, you are aware of here and there. Even a few seconds like you experienced shows you how possible it is to function in both 'worlds' at the same time. One of the problems with focusing on things like your eyes or body is just that - you are focusing on your physical self.

Try this, just for kicks. Instead of focusing on your actual body focus instead on an image you create of your body. Imagine your body laid out in front of you, doesn't even need to be complete. When I do this I see only an outline. Now let the image do whatever it wants, in other words be open to letting IT take the lead. See where that takes you.

Another thing, do not ever discount dreams. Quite often falling asleep IS the doorway you are looking for.

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on December 30, 2019, 15:19:47
It's because this physical reality here teaches you to become just that, "physical". With this practice here we are "rewiring" that teaching.

Lately I have been paying a lot of attention to the "no eyes" part of the process. At some point in this practice while noticing, it turns into "being". Noticing seems to be the wrong term, even though we use it quite a bit here. It's more about allowing and being aware than anything else.

CFTraveller and Contenteo said it right in these quotes found at this the link below.
Quote by CFTraveller
"I agree.  To put it another way, you don't use your eyes to look, you use the third eye or pineal gland- behind your eyes.  The difference may escape you if you don't have a vision screen, but when you get one, you'll see the difference- many a good clairvoyant vision has been ruined by engaging the physical eyes-in my experience."

Quote by Contenteo
" Noticing really implies the process of waiting until your visual cortex shuts down and you start using your "third-eye." I believe it is the act of thinking about the blackness, which is inherently non-physical, that actually acts as the catalyst in speeding up the phasing process.  

I personal hate the word "notice" because it passively implies using your eyes. For someone who just hears the term it ends up being very confusing. But alas, I guess that's inevitable for a language that bases itself in the tangible realm.
"
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_to_gaze_at_the_blacness_during_noticing-t33879.0.html
WOW! Thanks! Before I get to the topic below I must say I am quite intrigued by the part where it says "I believe it is the act of thinking about the blackness, which is inherently non-physical, that actually acts as the catalyst in speeding up the phasing process." - so basically, instead of trying to desperately make out something with our eyes, should we imagine the blackness? There's still an ambivalence as it's harder to imagine how the seeing process comes that way - but then again it is my limitation, not the technique's. I guess I am still a bit lost between the realm of "seeing" and "imagining" - which should naturally combine into one I guess as the process deepens, but it is still a bit hard to imagine how seeing and imagining combined for the scene to finally come to life. The Third Eye thing is a bit far off for me at this point but makes absolute sense in the same time. Allowing and being aware - thanks for that too, that will help a lot as well.

nofarewell7

Quote from: Nameless on December 30, 2019, 18:32:33
Nofarewell7, Overlap is a great term. That is what many of us refer to when we speak of dual consciousness, you are aware of here and there. Even a few seconds like you experienced shows you how possible it is to function in both 'worlds' at the same time. One of the problems with focusing on things like your eyes or body is just that - you are focusing on your physical self.
Try this, just for kicks. Instead of focusing on your actual body focus instead on an image you create of your body. Imagine your body laid out in front of you, doesn't even need to be complete. When I do this I see only an outline. Now let the image do whatever it wants, in other words be open to letting IT take the lead. See where that takes you.
Another thing, do not ever discount dreams. Quite often falling asleep IS the doorway you are looking for.
Hey thanks, I'll try this too asap! And yes, I never discount dreams, they are very important. Sometimes I learned from them. Had one lucid dream one time, it was a fantastic experience which affects me to this day. After all "dream" is just an expression for a type of consciousness which is very close (if not the same) to the one we pursue I guess.

nofarewell7

And as a standalone here, I have been trying to AP/phase for a long time now and in the meantime I have been a Tai Chi practitioner too; I have achieved surprisingly deep states in that (not the ego speaking here, I have surprised myself too and I am really grateful for my achievement and want to tech that quite soon) - so I guess it is somehow the same process. I am really grateful for you guys and your really deep and helpful insights.