Never Able to Astral Project

Previous topic - Next topic

abdo7649

Good day to everyone! I am a teenager and heard about astral projection a few months ago. I read a little about it and the methods and all the basics about not fearing anything and all the details during separation. I read about enough methods and took a part of each and made one on my own; I tried it with my friend and it worked, and we discovered that he (according to an experienced projector) is very unique/special. But enough about that, I tried astral projection myself for a number of times and I had no luck, nothing at all. I tried in different ways, some using binaural beats, some using different breathing patterns, etc., but by far the most I have ever gotten was a slight tingling feeling on my right foot (at least I think it was). I don't know the problem; I looked up more and more about what beginners might do as mistakes and couldn't find anything new. I avoided all the beginners' mistakes and done my best to find a method that suits me, but I get nothing every time. The only thing that comes to mind when I think of this is that I have noticed a lot of failure with other things as well, most requiring some connection with the subconscious mind. For instance, I did try binaural beats for astral projection, as well as binaural beats for many other things; none of them worked for any activity at any time at any instance. I also happen to slightly have no feelings. I don't get really sad or afraid, and whenever I feel sad it lasts for about 15 minutes until I'm thinking about something else. I also can't cry, further proving my point that I don't feel sadness (nor actual happiness). And lastly, I don't remember my dreams, at all. Rarely do I remember a glimpse of what / who was in it, and usually it's too out of place; so I can't even try lucid dreaming and then astral projection.
I know these posts are very common, I've lurked around a few times, but I honestly can't find any similar case. Please let me know if you have any good suggestion with what can I do.

Thanks for taking time to read this! Sorry if I got distracted while typing or I posted in the wrong section.

Phildan1

Hi and welcome!

I can give you some first step tips if you don't mind.

First, you need to remember your dreams, and gain good awareness in them. Maybe others can achieve projections without this step, but they will have a bad recall from the experiences in my opinion - or even zero. If you can't remember your dreams in so much detail, than try to get up after every dream, and try to write down whatever you remember from them, to a piece of paper with pen or on your computer and make a diary file. Dreams are happening in the non-pyhsical, and with various categories, depending on your awareness.

Secondly, try to learn how to relax your body and mind completely - it is called meditation - but you will find your own style, method. You need to later switch off your focus on your body and use your imagination.

Advanced travellers could maybe say the same issues, and to know that this is an art and you need to first walk before you run.

I hope these ones will help you in the beginnings. Don't rush it  : )  It is a serious business, to know and investigate, what is your desire.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Nameless

Hi abdo, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. One, are you left handed by chance? And two, when you are listening to binaural beats and other sounds have you tried switching the left/right earphones?

One other thing I notice in much of what I read directed toward beginners is that the advice doesn't often start at the beginning. Forget technique. Technique is not the beginning of awareness. You have already displayed the first step - curiosity. The next step is patience and that does not mean trying techniques while patiently waiting for them to produce results. It means having the patience to state your intent out loud and then waiting for contact or a nudge. You may state your intent to whatever higher power resonates with you - that is, God, your Higher Self, The Source..

The nudge can come in any number of ways such as a dream you do fully recall. Just be open and accepting and don't try to do or change anything. Observe and learn and you will be guided in the direction best suited to you.

Hugs
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

abdo7649

Quote from: Phildan1 on August 12, 2016, 19:44:51
Hi and welcome!

I can give you some first step tips if you don't mind.

First, you need to remember your dreams, and gain good awareness in them. Maybe others can achieve projections without this step, but they will have a bad recall from the experiences in my opinion - or even zero. If you can't remember your dreams in so much detail, than try to get up after every dream, and try to write down whatever you remember from them, to a piece of paper with pen or on your computer and make a diary file. Dreams are happening in the non-pyhsical, and with various categories, depending on your awareness.

Secondly, try to learn how to relax your body and mind completely - it is called meditation - but you will find your own style, method. You need to later switch off your focus on your body and use your imagination.

Advanced travellers could maybe say the same issues, and to know that this is an art and you need to first walk before you run.

I hope these ones will help you in the beginnings. Don't rush it  : )  It is a serious business, to know and investigate, what is your desire.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! The problem is, I am a heavy sleeper and I don't feel anything when I sleep, remembering dreams is near to impossible for me, and when I do they're always something that's too mixed up and illogical that I sometimes question if that was actually what I dreamt. I did try meditating, but again nothing happens and I don't feel relaxed.

Quote from: Nameless on August 12, 2016, 21:21:41
Hi abdo, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. One, are you left handed by chance? And two, when you are listening to binaural beats and other sounds have you tried switching the left/right earphones?

One other thing I notice in much of what I read directed toward beginners is that the advice doesn't often start at the beginning. Forget technique. Technique is not the beginning of awareness. You have already displayed the first step - curiosity. The next step is patience and that does not mean trying techniques while patiently waiting for them to produce results. It means having the patience to state your intent out loud and then waiting for contact or a nudge. You may state your intent to whatever higher power resonates with you - that is, God, your Higher Self, The Source..

The nudge can come in any number of ways such as a dream you do fully recall. Just be open and accepting and don't try to do or change anything. Observe and learn and you will be guided in the direction best suited to you.

Hugs

Come to think of it, I indeed am left handed, is that something that's common for left handed people? I did think about switching the headphones once, but when I looked into it no website helped with that, so I ignored that idea. The "nudge" you mentioned though sounds familiar. Only once was I able to (at least try to) meditate correctly and have some form of contact. I fell asleep right after and had a dream that I still remember in detail until today, but I don't know the meaning behind it (it happened about a month ago). Thanks a lot for your reply!

Nameless

Quote from: abdo7649 on August 13, 2016, 00:15:40
Come to think of it, I indeed am left handed, is that something that's common for left handed people? I did think about switching the headphones once, but when I looked into it no website helped with that, so I ignored that idea. The "nudge" you mentioned though sounds familiar. Only once was I able to (at least try to) meditate correctly and have some form of contact. I fell asleep right after and had a dream that I still remember in detail until today, but I don't know the meaning behind it (it happened about a month ago). Thanks a lot for your reply!

I came across something years ago talking about people with reverse wiring. Not saying your backwards, lol. Just that it happens. What I was reading had nothing to do with AP. It was about teaching children with learning disabilities and that suggestion was made for children who don't seem to respond to certain 'teaching' music. Anyway, just for the heck of it I switched my earphones on a binaural beats CD I had at the time. Freaky think as by switching them I couldn't even hear some of the tones I heard when I wore them the right way and got absolutely none of the usual relaxing benefits. This has also been raised with left-handed kids. Not all but some. Probably only the ones that are truly left-handed as opposed to those who were coerced. You may simply have some reverse wiring.  :-)

It seems you have been nudged, work on that. Just ask for help (out loud) before trying again.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Phildan1

Quote from: abdo7649 on August 13, 2016, 00:15:40
Thanks a lot for your suggestion! The problem is, I am a heavy sleeper and I don't feel anything when I sleep, remembering dreams is near to impossible for me, and when I do they're always something that's too mixed up and illogical that I sometimes question if that was actually what I dreamt. I did try meditating, but again nothing happens and I don't feel relaxed.

With just meditation, nothing happens to some people, it is normal. But first you need to learn to just relax your body and mind and calm it down. Try to just observe your thoughts in your mind.

I think it can help to sleep a little bit more if you are heavy sleeper, because it can show me that you are not sleeping enough. Impatience is a common problem. I think we need to first learn to not do everything at once - just like me - and there is plenty of time to explore everything. The intent itself before sleeps can maybe help too, if you say for yourself that before I fall asleep, I will be aware in my dreams (for example). The subconscious itself needs some reprogramming.

Binaural beats are for me like just deep relaxation, nothing more. I listen to them, but the beats themselves don't make you project in my opinion (others accidentally can do it somehow), your mindwork will do it with imagination. Imagination connects you to the NP.

I hope this helps
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

abdo7649

Quote from: Phildan1 on August 13, 2016, 04:52:41
With just meditation, nothing happens to some people, it is normal. But first you need to learn to just relax your body and mind and calm it down. Try to just observe your thoughts in your mind.

I think it can help to sleep a little bit more if you are heavy sleeper, because it can show me that you are not sleeping enough. Impatience is a common problem. I think we need to first learn to not do everything at once - just like me - and there is plenty of time to explore everything. The intent itself before sleeps can maybe help too, if you say for yourself that before I fall asleep, I will be aware in my dreams (for example). The subconscious itself needs some reprogramming.

Binaural beats are for me like just deep relaxation, nothing more. I listen to them, but the beats themselves don't make you project in my opinion (others accidentally can do it somehow), your mindwork will do it with imagination. Imagination connects you to the NP.

I hope this helps
I tried remembering my dreams, for some reason it helps now. I wrote one dream in a small notebook, ever since I keep remembering parts of my dreams. I'm actually super excited! :)

Quote from: Nameless on August 13, 2016, 00:41:59
I came across something years ago talking about people with reverse wiring. Not saying your backwards, lol. Just that it happens. What I was reading had nothing to do with AP. It was about teaching children with learning disabilities and that suggestion was made for children who don't seem to respond to certain 'teaching' music. Anyway, just for the heck of it I switched my earphones on a binaural beats CD I had at the time. Freaky think as by switching them I couldn't even hear some of the tones I heard when I wore them the right way and got absolutely none of the usual relaxing benefits. This has also been raised with left-handed kids. Not all but some. Probably only the ones that are truly left-handed as opposed to those who were coerced. You may simply have some reverse wiring.  :-)

It seems you have been nudged, work on that. Just ask for help (out loud) before trying again.

I tried binaural beats with reversed headsets, unfortunately they didn't work, so far no progress on that bit, could there be another reason?

RobertForsythe

Quote from: abdo7649 on August 17, 2016, 20:23:36
I tried remembering my dreams, for some reason it helps now. I wrote one dream in a small notebook, ever since I keep remembering parts of my dreams. I'm actually super excited! :)
I tried binaural beats with reversed headsets, unfortunately they didn't work, so far no progress on that bit, could there be another reason?

This is a good start. As Phildan said, developing dream awareness and eventual Lucidity is key. Keep working this angle for several more months. You can keep interest fresh and energized by reading books on dreamwork, lucid dreaming, etc.
Check your library and if you have a few bucks to spare order a book or two.