News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Falling asleep during WILD

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourzu

I've been trying WILD a couple of times when I'm going to sleep, but I've always fell asleep after a couple of minutes.

For 2 days ago I started to try in the daytime instead.
So I lay in bed with closed eyes and listened to the biaunary sounds. I feel that my body is getting very relaxed and that my legs are beeing sleepy or so. But about 15-25 minutes of doing this, I'm falling asleep.

I also have hard to hold my eyes closed, I'm opening them fast like each 3-5 minutes.
Someone told me to get a mindfold, is that the same as a blindfold?

Pauli2

A blindfold of some kind is good. You can also sleep for 20 minutes and then wake up fresh before doing your attempt.

Binaural beats are intended to put you into a sleep mode, so it's very easy to fall asleep.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

You're falling asleep, most likely because you're losing focus and drifting off. 
You need to re-focus and bring your attention back to the exercise you're doing... but it really sounds like you're just lying there listening to the Binaurals.

Binaural beats are a great tool for this, however, they won't "put you" into any state by itself.  You need to actually focus and do something to keep your mind active, while your body's physical senses begin to shut down, or else you're simply going to lose focus as you've been doing and fall asleep.

Quote from: Sourzu on April 19, 2011, 05:53:46
I also have hard to hold my eyes closed, I'm opening them fast like each 3-5 minutes.
This tells me that you're not relaxing enough... when you're actively relaxing your body, the relax-reflex of the physical body should kick in eventually.  This has the effect of FURTHER automatically relaxing the muscles, especially of the face.  This will make your eyelids really heavy and shut tight without even trying to hold them.  This is the point you want to get to... but it can take a bit longer than 3 - 5 minutes.

What I suggest you do, is forget about projecting right now and work on focusing 100% of your attention on the muscles of your face and try to will them to relax.  Just sit/lie there and place all of your focus, place all of your Intent upon relaxing the muscles of your face.  Your eyelids, lips, cheeks, scalp, ears... each one, place all of your Intent on those areas that you feel tension. 

For me it's mostly my eyes, ears and forehead... there will come a point during my meditation when I'll feel all tension from those areas just melt away and the muscle will begin to relax and droop due to gravity.  That's what you're aiming for.

QuoteSomeone told me to get a mindfold, is that the same as a blindfold?
For beginners, these can really help.  They allow you to relax your eyes without requiring you to actually close them.  So you can effectively keep them open just slightly and still not be interrupted by light coming in.  However, you'll eventually want to get rid of them as they're just a tool to help you and can become a crutch to the point where you "need" them.  This goes the same for all "tools" that we use, such as Binaural Beats.

Sourzu

Yeah, I was just laying down and listened to the binaural beats (which from someone elses experience, did just lay down and listen to the sounds).

Alright, I'll start train my relaxing.

But that with staying focused and awake, isn't that abit like meditation? When relaxing but still keeping awake and try to focus away the consciousness?

Xanth

Quote from: Sourzu on April 20, 2011, 05:58:20
(which from someone elses experience, did just lay down and listen to the sounds).
I can guarantee you that they didn't just "lie down and listen".
If that's the case, then they simply don't realize exactly what it is that they're doing... but they're definitely doing something to project.

What I'm saying is that you can "listen" to BB's 24/7 and they'll never "make" you project... YOU have to actually do the work.  :)

QuoteBut that with staying focused and awake, isn't that a bit like meditation? When relaxing but still keeping awake and try to focus away the consciousness?
That's exactly what it is.  A meditation.

Sourzu

Quote from: Xanth on April 20, 2011, 08:58:20
I can guarantee you that they didn't just "lie down and listen".
If that's the case, then they simply don't realize exactly what it is that they're doing... but they're definitely doing something to project.

What I'm saying is that you can "listen" to BB's 24/7 and they'll never "make" you project... YOU have to actually do the work.  :)
That's exactly what it is.  A meditation.

Ah okay.
I tried to train get my head relaxed today, but I'm not sure if I'm relaxed or not really.. the mouth shall be opened abit when relaxed? (also the lips might not open, but the cheek or so).

Also what shall I do to keep me awake? To keep in focus.
These I got atm what I think I should do?
- Noticing (the exercise in your phasing primer)
- Imaginate energy comming from feets to head when breathing in, and head to feets when breathing out

Uhm, then I've no ideas right now what to do.

Contenteo

What to do to keep you awake?
Don't puss out. Keep your head in the game. Use willpower. If you find this exciting, you shouldn't be getting disinterested enough to pass out. On a more positive note, you could also try someplace other then your bed because that is subconsciously(can i even say that around here, hah!) associated with sleepytimes.

As a first, I ran into this horrible breathing problem when I entered 12(vast darkness after you follow the vibrations there)
I tried everything. Dude. It suxX3d. hard. But honestly it was practice and reassurance when in that state that I was not goin to die. Point is, i totally tried the mouth open thing, it just messed me up because it would get dry. Use through your nose ans focus on diaphragm breathing. After 3 breathes or so, you can shift your focus else where and your body picks up the slack. Its when you use chest lift breathing that you will hyperventalate. Also, when in f12 and freakin out about breathin, focusin on the rise and fall of the ever so slight pressure the blanket put on my chest was helpful because if I ever focused on my breathing, I would switch to chest based breathes and it would be all over.

As frank said, your body's got a checklist of excrement that is essential and breathin' is one of them. You have to reteach your body that its cool to not have that feelin'.

Also, You are usin' that energy gatherin stuff. This ain't a time to gather energy, this is a time to use it and all you got stored up from doin that earlier. You gotta focus on one point on your forehead and concentrate. Eventually those vibes will come, and keep focusing through them. Then you'll get to f12 and deal with that breathin excrement i got above. Thats your next step.

Hope that helps. Practice practice practice.

Cheers

-Contenteo