Feel like I’m getting there but have questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulsurvivor

Hey there,

Had an aha moment recently with regards to consciousness and feel like I'm closer than ever to having an awakened astral experience but have a few questions.

Through meditation and guided audio/binaural beats I am able to calm my mind enough where I feel like I have no thoughts and I start seeing colours in the blackness behind my eyes but I can never actually visualize anything. I try Lamazas (apologies for spelling) technique of imagining a door - or even just a simple shape - even going through the alphabet - but I can never actually see  anything - just blackness with colours here and there. And then I feel like because I'm not seeing it - or even feeling it - that I start consciously thinking about that too much and that pulls me out of the calm, hypnotic state and I start becoming aware of the physical again.

Even when the guided meditations - are talking me through,asking me to imagine myself on a beautiful beach or walking through a field or even my home - I hear the words and i try to imagine but I have no clear vision - just blackness. I fall asleep a lot too but very rarely recall what I see when I'm sleeping -?i just wake up and remember nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I am very very new on this journey so maybe I just need to continue to practice. But if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated :)

Also - like many I am currently on lockdown so I have nothing but time and have been trying to meditate and AP or lucid dream multiple times of day. Is this too much? Can I be trying too much and is this blocking me from success?

As always thanks for any help you can offer me :) 

Lumaza

Quote from: Soulsurvivor on May 03, 2020, 15:49:27
What am I doing wrong?

I am very very new on this journey so maybe I just need to continue to practice. But if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated :)
You aren't doing anything wrong. There is a learning curve here. Those blotches of color will soon change to imagery, if you "allow" them the freedom to. 

QuoteAlso - like many I am currently on lockdown so I have nothing but time and have been trying to meditate and AP or lucid dream multiple times of day. Is this too much? Can I be trying too much and is this blocking me from success?

As always thanks for any help you can offer me :) 
It still seems to me like you are trying to force things to happen. I said recently in another post that your physical self will fight tooth and nail to keep you physically focused. When a block or obstacle is successful, it will happen again and again until you finally overcome it. You need to find your "niche"!

Every time you make a attempt, something new will occur. Maybe you think it is menial and overlook it. But for now, take what you get and build from there.

Try this, go to your kitchen, open your fridge and pull out a apple/orange, something with a simple shape. Be aware of every step of the way, the way it felt to pull the fridge open, every part of the act. Now put the fruit back in the fridge, go sit down comfortably, close your eyes and recreate what you just did. When it fades away, bring it back. Keep replaying that mental act repeatedly over and over again. When it begins to morph into something new, "allow" it to and passively observe it. Leave your analytical mind behind. No questions. This is all about observation right now. No sneak peeks to see what your physical body is doing. Just stay focused on your on your kitchen trip.

If you don't want to use the kitchen scenario. Just sit in your chair with open eyes and be aware of the room you are in. How far are the walls and windows from you? What's over your fireplace, if you have one? Where are you in relationship to your coffee tables, end tables, etc. Now close your eyes and recreate it. When it fades away, bring it back. Keep doing that repeatedly over and over again for as long it takes. Ignore your physical body. Any vibrations you feel, any sounds you hear are not physical. You are sensing this with your "etheric" self.

Both of those are simple exercises and while you may think they are boring, they will help you with your memory skills.

When I was new and still once in awhile today, I would/will close my eyes and etherically reach out to a tree in my backyard that I can see through my window beside my computer station here. It's about 200 feet away from the window. I would focus on touching it, being near it, etc. Once I could see it, I would slowly open my peripheral vision to what is around it.

One in awhile I use that same practice while focusing on a current of water, like a river. At first I just look at the water and watch as it flows. Once I am comfortable with that, I slowly widen my vision. Now I could see the shore or maybe a nearby tree. I then widen it a bit more and now I can see a house or mountain in the background. I all I intended to see what the flowing water. These other things appeared themselves. I just allowed the scene to morph into what it wanted to and observed it when it did. Once it was a full blown scene, I didn't need to do anything, it was now my new reality. You turn the physical reality off, a new one turns on.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Soulsurvivor

Thank you so much Lumaza for your awesome reply. Those visual techniques all make sense and I will practice them in the hope that at some point something will click. I think I am trying to force things to happen and I know that will not really help.

I've got to keep training and honing or shifting rather - my focus. I really do see the logic in the kitchen trip and the focus on other nearby surroundings. It makes a lot of sense that I'm more likely to be able to visualize something that is really familiar to me in my physical reality - than something that I've never seen or experienced with my physical senses.

I will practice the visual techniques you recommend and will work on letting go of any expectations. From reading stickie notes on here - I know that I need to let everything go. My expectations, my fears even the awareness of my physical breathing or vibrations. I know I need to just float in the blackness and let things unfold from there.

Do you think Binaural Beats and guided meditation are helpful? Or do you think they just keep you from fully "checking out" if that makes sense!

Yesterday I fell into a dream during an attempt that I think may of been a small glimmer of hope I'm getting there. I found myself flying over amazing blue fields that were beyond beautiful and noticed a small quaint village that seemed somewhat otherworldly. When I touched down I saw two villagers who noticed me who I sensed were like umm who are you and what are you doing here - not in a mean way just in a whoa outsider alert way. I panicked and flew off right away back to my apartment (wasn't quite my apartment) but my dog was waiting for me like he always does. Then my dream became unstable and I woke up. But I wrote it down in my journal as I have been setting the intent to recall my dreams too and I'm considering that a small success - possibly - haha.

Thank you so much for getting back to me - you really are so kind and I appreciate the help you are offering me. Thank you

Lumaza

Quote from: Soulsurvivor on May 04, 2020, 13:35:37
Do you think Binaural Beats and guided meditation are helpful? Or do you think they just keep you from fully "checking out" if that makes sense!

Thank you so much for getting back to me - you really are so kind and I appreciate the help you are offering me. Thank you
First off, Thank You for your kind words!  :-)

They are both helpful, but not necessary. I love Bin Beats and Isochronic tones. That's likely because I find the delta and theta states so relaxing. Being consciously aware while in those states leads to some fantastic adventures and "tutoring". I enjoy guided meditations as well. I will listen to one just to see where it leads me to. They seem to work like "walkthroughs".

I find the Bin beats and basically anything by Paul Collier to very good. For Isochronic tones I enjoy DJ Vishnu's meditation series. Both of these Artist's works can be found on YouTube! Enjoy!  :-)

A Author of OBEs named Jurgen Ziewe also has one of the best Bin beats I have ever used. It is called Om-Meditation and can be found for free at his website here:
https://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Free_Deep_Meditation_Sounds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

He is a interesting fellow. What I read of his earlier work it took him an hour and a half of deep relaxation/meditation before he had his consciously aware shift, aka OBE. I'm sure it's much faster today!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Soulsurvivor

Quote from: Lumaza on May 04, 2020, 22:17:33
First off, Thank You for your kind words!  :-)

They are both helpful, but not necessary. I love Bin Beats and Isochronic tones. That's likely because I find the delta and theta states so relaxing. Being consciously aware while in those states leads to some fantastic adventures and "tutoring". I enjoy guided meditations as well. I will listen to one just to see where it leads me to. They seem to work like "walkthroughs".

I find the Bin beats and basically anything by Paul Collier to very good. For Isochronic tones I enjoy DJ Vishnu's meditation series. Both of these Artist's works can be found on YouTube! Enjoy!  :-)

A Author of OBEs named Jurgen Ziewe also has one of the best Bin beats I have ever used. It is called Om-Meditation and can be found for free at his website here:
https://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Free_Deep_Meditation_Sounds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

He is a interesting fellow. What I read of his earlier work it took him an hour and a half of deep relaxation/meditation before he had his consciously aware shift, aka OBE. I'm sure it's much faster today!

Thank you so much for this!! The Paul Collier music is so calming and peaceful and the Jurgen Ziewe piece is immense and profound - though It was very intense at first too! But thank you I don't think I would have come across it otherwise!

Have been practicing a few times a day for the last two weeks and think I'm seeing some progress - even if I'm not close to successful APing then I'm at least putting in the practice to get 'there' and that has to count for something. Finally feel like I am on the right track to conscious awareness and even if I'm not I feel like I have had a lightbulb - slap in the face - wake up moment that will lead to me making much better "choices" going forward!

Thank you again  for your guidance am learning a lot from you :)