Few simple questions regarding Sleep Paralsys?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but...

1. Is it possible to go into Sleep Paralysis simply by refusing to turn over when you get the urge?
2. Once I tried an exit method by visualising my dream fast-forwarding and Sleep Paralysis started to happen, why?
3. The simple reason Sleep Paralysis exists is to protect the body from harm via the dream environment and nothing else, correct?
4. I read on an article that you can simply twitch parts of your body to make it go into Sleep Paralysis, is this true?
5. The only people I see talking about itching sensations regarding Sleep Paralysis is the lucid dreaming community, why is this?

If you can answer (or try to answer) all of these I'd be pretty grateful.

Thanks guys and gals. :)

Mr.PumperNickle

1. Yes, as long as your mind is alert and your body is getting ready to rest you will hit SP(Sleep Paralysis). There was a few times where I tried to move BEFORE the SP would settle in but it always caught me lol, like i'de be turning over and BAM! It would hit me and i'de fall back on my stomach or back. But yeah refusing the urge will make SP possible if you are aware of your conscious long enough.
2.No comment, i'm not experienced enough to answer such a question.
3.Basically thats from as far as I understand, pretty much yeah. But SP isn't always on. I believe it comes on just before you awake and just before you go to sleep. I don't know why SP comes at that time, it just does. When one is truly sleeping, they occasionally toss and turn, proving that SP isn't always on.
4. I have read in certain articles that twitching your body parts will stop SP. Never have I heard of the opposite, or at least experience such a phenomenon.
5. Can't answer, I really don't know how to lucid dream.
So close but so far to projecting. It'll come one day, i'll just have to wait.

Stookie_

It's a misconception that SP is needed to OBE. I suppose it could happen from that state, but I don't know myself as I don't get SP. If SP happens during the process, whatever, but don't make it your goal. Projection is the goal. Things like SP and vibrations are side effects of the process.

todd421757

Sleep paralysis and vibrations are necessary in order to loosen the etheric body's attachment to the physical body. This is a requirement for Etheric Projection.

Astral projection and Phasing may not need sleep paralysis or vibrations as a requirement.

I personally only try for Etheric Projection. I think there are some others here trying for that goal too. In order to be successful, we need to develop our abilities to get those requirements of sleep paralysis and vibrations.

If your goal is Astral Projection and Phasing, then you have different requirements to fulfill.

The early books about projection focused exclusively on Etheric Projection. Robert Peterson had one of the best later books on Etheric Projection. He incorrectly used the word Astral in his descriptions, but his experiences were clearly Etheric. He probably used the term Astral since more people are familiar with the term. Here is a link to his book for free:

http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html 

I have never had an Astral Projection or Phasing experience in my life. I only have had Etheric Projections (around 150 total).

It is best not to lump all projections into the same category. There are different requirements for each kind.

Rudolph

Todd, what makes etheric projection more desirable than the others that you mentioned?
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

todd421757

Rudolph,

I use projections to improve my physical body's energy state. I need to feel an increase in my physical body's well being after I have an Etheric Projection. That is the main reason I focus on EP's.

I am not interested in subjective experiences (AP and Phasing). I know many people are and that is completely fine, but that has never interested me.

I have noticed a trend in the last 100 years in projection. The first projectionists were mainly Etheric, then many switched to AP, and now many are switching to Phasing.

Quantum Physicists have demonstrated the Etheric field may have some objectivity to it. 

Rudolph

Todd, I used to get vibes on exit but that faded out and went away after a while.

Am I pushing the good stuff aside by moving quickly past the vibes and going straight for the Astral Plane jugular?

?

todd421757

My answer would be yes. I am sure many here would disagree with me. Who knows maybe I am completely wrong here, but I have did thorough research on this topic.

The majority of the people get vibes the first few times, then they say they fade or completely disappear after that. That is when they stop doing E.P., and they unconciously switch to AP. There is probably a signal that also disappears when they later go from AP to Phasing. What this means is the projector (without knowing it) goes from being objective to being subjective in their projections.

Oliver Fox is one of the few projectionists I have read that had the opposite happen to him. He went from having subjective projections to later having objective projections. Oliver Fox's pineal door method is the greatest of all etheric projection techniques in my opinion. Check my previous posts. It is described in detail.

The physical body is objective. In order to feel changes in the physical body, you need to be objective in your projection experiences. The silver cord only exists in Etheric Projection. Sylvan Muldoon describes the silver cord the best. It transfers energy from the soul to the physical body. It is connected in multiple locations (mainly solar plexus and head). The silver cord in the head is where you want to separate in order to have the most consiousness intact during an Etheric Projection. If you separate in the solar plexus area, it makes it harder to move and you have less consciousness present during an Etheric projection.

Anyone who claims the silver cord doesn't exist is probably not doing Etheric Projections. Every Etheric Projection I have had I felt a tug from the silver cord.

The good news is you can switch back to objective projections and get the vibrations strong again. The only way to do it is by the use of will power. Etheric Projection is hard to get consistent results. It takes a strong desire and a determined will power. 

Rudolph

QuoteEvery Etheric Projection I have had I felt a tug from the silver cord.

I have felt this tug too.

...connected to the back of my head.

I have never denied the "silver cord" because I had felt it and it was very real. I always thought it was so stupid of people to say it did not exist because they had never seen it. Hahahah. I have never seen the North pole... does that mean it does not exist?

Stookie_

Todd -

Do you not believe that there are objective areas of consciousness other than the physical and etheric?

todd421757

Stookie,

At the moment, my answer would be the etheric and the physical are the two objective planes based on what I have read in regards to quantum physics.

But, the subjective reality is able to create objective reality according to Seth and many other authors. So AP and Phasing can be beneficial in changing your reality to a better one, but it takes time.

E.P.'s can affect the physical body immediately. That is the main reason I prefer them. I am impatient, lol.

Rudolph

Hi Todd, I downloaded the Peterson book you linked to. Thanks.
However I am not real interested in reading books. I have some experience with AP and I would really like to get straight to the actual practice. Can you identify which chapter or chapters are most instructive in the actual projection method?

CFTraveler

QuoteSleep paralysis and vibrations are necessary in order to loosen the etheric body's attachment to the physical body. This is a requirement for Etheric Projection.
This is the kind if absolute sweeping statement that makes me cringe, because from practice alone I know it not to be true.
It is desirable to etheric project paralyzed, because exit routines can be performed without moving the physical body, which breaks the trance, and you have to go back again, but if you have experience it is possible to project without being paralyzed.  Not desirable, but possible.  This is one of the things that happens after a few years of conscious projection, the mind loses the in-built inhibitions to the effects experienced, and it happens.
I know, I have done it.
And finally, vibrations are effects, not causes, of the move away from the physical to the nonphysical, and after years of practice, they either happen very fast and barely perceptible, or don't happen at all.
Although I phase to the astral too, my preferred method of projection is the etheric projection to the real time zone, and I haven't had vibrations since 2009 give or take a few months.  In fact, I only have felt them on reentry.

Stookie_

Quote from: todd421757 on March 15, 2012, 12:42:43
Stookie,

At the moment, my answer would be the etheric and the physical are the two objective planes based on what I have read in regards to quantum physics.

But, the subjective reality is able to create objective reality according to Seth and many other authors. So AP and Phasing can be beneficial in changing your reality to a better one, but it takes time.

E.P.'s can affect the physical body immediately. That is the main reason I prefer them. I am impatient, lol.

So do you believe in existence after death, or do you believe we just cease to exist?

todd421757

Rudolph,

Check out Chapter 24. It has a good technique listed there.

When you have time browse through chapters 17 through 27. It has information there that is beneficial to know.

Stookie,

Yes, I believe in life after death.

CFTraveler,

Vessen Hopkins who discovered the Vehram Energy System states the same things as me in regards to vibrations. Unfortunately he no longer has a website in order to purchase his ebook. Youtube still has one of his videos available showing the Vehram Array and their locations. I still have his email address if anyone is interested in contacting him.

He has 18 posts on Astral Pulse that are available to read. Here is one of his quotes: "One thing I would point out about sleep paralysis, also referred to as the hypnagogic-state, this is precisely the point from which you CAN separate, but only if the vibrations are present."

CFTraveler

You are saying that because Vessen wrote something it must be true- and even though I respect Mr. Hopkins, (and have read his work) I have experienced something that you are saying is impossible, and many others have too.
So it's not that he doesn't have a right to his opinion or interpretation of the phenomena, it's one thing to say that something can't happen, especially to someone who has had it happen, many times, for years.

Stookie_

Quote from: todd421757 on March 15, 2012, 14:25:26
Stookie,

Yes, I believe in life after death.

Wouldn't it suck for life after death to be completely subjective? Sounds like hell to me.

todd421757

Stookie,

I know what your mean. If you believe in reincarnation or even parallel realities, there are plenty of future objective experiences ahead for us.

The afterlife (from what I read from past life regressions) is considered a resting ground, almost like a breather from the objective experience. During this time, you learn to use thought forms to create your next objective reality. It sounds like it could be fun. I could use a breather from the stresses of life.

The afterlife may be similar to creating a script for a movie, and then living out the movie you created :) During your life review at the end of the tunnel, you go over a critique of the life you just left in reverse order determining what sucked and what was good (similar to a movie review). This is how I look at the afterlife.

Rudolph

QuoteDuring this time, you learn to use thought forms to create your next objective reality.

From what I have learned thus far...

that is a completely delusional fantasy.

From what I have been able to discern, the best we can hope to do is manage a birth circumstance that leads to meeting a Competent Teacher at some point early enough in life, such that half a chance at attaining Mastership becomes a viable possibility.

But I am still intently working at piecing this puzzle together....

todd421757

It might be a delusional fantasy. This is a possibility. Maybe someday the mystery will be known.

Bedeekin

1. Is it possible to go into Sleep Paralysis simply by refusing to turn over when you get the urge?

The trick or 'secret' to achieving good OOBE responsive Sleep Paralysis is to nap in the evening. It has to be a natural nap. The type you 'need'. Like when coming home from a hard day at work or studying. The type where you just can't keep your eyes open and you just want to snooze, no matter what.
When you have this nap... I would recommend in the early to mid evening... between 6 and 9pm, you need to wake from it and get up. Don't roll over and go to sleep. Just get up. You will probably feel like excrement and want to roll over to continue... but this is good, this is called Sleep Inertia... and is designed to allow you to dream. Resist this.. and get up. Have a coffee... or go for a walk... something to wake you up. You could set an alarm so that it wakes you an hour after you fall asleep.
Stay awake for anything between 2 and 5 hours after the nap.
Go to bed and do whatever induction technique you normally try. Don't worry about rolling over... or whatever... just lay there and meditate. You will invariably slip into Sleep Paralysis.

2. Once I tried an exit method by visualising my dream fast-forwarding and Sleep Paralysis started to happen, why?

I don't know... maybe you began consciously manipulation areg your dream, which implies control... which then will either transform your focus to becoming integrated into the dream (lucid) or you will wake up in Sleep Paralysis.

3. The simple reason Sleep Paralysis exists is to protect the body from harm via the dream environment and nothing else, correct?

It is the depolarisation of striated muscle neurones. Striated muscles are those connected to bone that cause voluntary movement. All other muscles that are involuntary such as the heart, vascular and internal organ contractions are on autopilot during REM/SP, Including diaphragm automated breathing. These striated muscles basically reversed during REM sleep, still retaining some amount of sensual feedback. In other words... you aren't paralysed as in 'numb'... this gives rise to intense vibrational sensations during SP - you are feeling your nerves electrical pulses in a type of strobing effect. Depending on how much you try to move your limbs, intend the vibrating pulses to change in frequency or how afraid you are of the SP (due to adrenaline release) depends on how much you are aware of these sensations.  

4. I read on an article that you can simply twitch parts of your body to make it go into Sleep Paralysis, is this true?

Not in my experience. It is an all over sensation. You can keep your limbs so still as to make it go numb. But this isn't connected to SP.

5. The only people I see talking about itching sensations regarding Sleep Paralysis is the lucid dreaming community, why is this?

I don't know anything about itching sensations.... When in the throws of sleep paralysis... any itches are disregarded and unimportant. any physical pain one might have prior to entering it is non-existent.
The only thing they may be talking about is intense localised vibrational sensations... but these are normally down to attempted movement in that area or the simple act of concentrating upon it.

todd421757

Thanks Bedeekin for the information.

What type of induction technique works best for you after the 2 to 5 hours of being up? I am going to try this evening nap tonight. I use to do this years ago, and it worked well.