FILD Technique (very high success rate)

Previous topic - Next topic

superman

https://www.reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/1djly9/fild_works_everytime/

Normaly you should use this technique only in the morning as said in the post but I wanted to try at night because it was very late and I was very tired and by doing it I had vibrations (body floating and felt as if my body was deformed or some parts were missing), all this happenned in few minutes (5-10). Very good technique try it :D
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Sammie

Xanth

It's all about finding your focus.  This is a good one.

But, the trick is that you have to find YOUR focus.  This particular focus worked great for the author, but it won't work for everyone, because everyone is different.

Once you find which focus works best for YOU.  You will literally be projecting as often as you want.

superman

Its not just for the author of the post... but in general, you can go on other websites and youtube video comments where so many people say that they had their first LD with that technique. Its weird. I think it is because it is a physical act, and we are used to it, its not some mental act... But I agree with you that we all have to find what's right for us.
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Lumaza

Superman, its more about intent then it is application. Instead of "climbing out of the body" via a rope technique, they are using a focus on their moving fingers. Sometimes we underestimate the power of intent. Many people report success with having a OBE after merely just reading a book or hearing a video/speaker on the topic in general.

I tried your technique above last night and did not have any good results with it. I usually become Lucid during the last Dream of the night. I thought this technique might help me get there earlier in my Dream cycle. It's been a while now since I have had a early Dream cycle LD.

But I enjoy experimenting, so I will give it it's fair shake. A one night attempt is never enough base to make a full judgement on.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

superman

I totaly agree with you lumaza :)
It may be something like placebo effetc ^^ but as long it works we dont complain ^^

Lumaza

Quote from: superman on May 12, 2016, 18:15:46
I totaly agree with you lumaza :)
It may be something like placebo effetc ^^ but as long it works we dont complain ^^
Yes, I am huge proponent on "if it's not broken, don't fix it". If it works then stay the course!  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bloodshadow

I will try this technique and post my results here. thanks

Positive3

Can someone tell me what RC is :D?

Nvm lol Reality Check xD

Xanth

Positive3

lol Xanth,

btw this is working(don't know if it was fingers or it just happened :D ) but was half fail for the first time i saw through my table and there were writings which i checked and aren't in physical i was realising that this was some kind of phase and most hard moment was, not to loose focus(was vivid as physical reality):D

Bloodshadow

all I have to say is WOW it actually worked I love it, I had two Lucid dreams. I don't remember much but I do remember some and i'll tell you why, which was my own fault. anyway I didn't wait til I had a couple hours of sleep I just did the technique as I was going to sleep and it worked awesomely, I do recommend doing it. Ok in my lucid dream I (60% lucidity) went back to my youthful days, if I remember correctly I was going back and forth from first person to being an observer, on most parts I changed some of the outcomes I didn't like by helping my younger self do a certain thing differently like gave him advices, then at one point being a observer I cried, and my younger self asked me what was wrong, I told him about my struggles of trying to achieve a AP. He came up with away of doing one and made a song about it so I could remember, but I winded up forgetting it, so I woke up and re-entered the lucid dream and told him to sing the song again, he did. Then I woke up thinking that I can lay down and be able to get up a little later to write my experience down, but I was wrong, I should had just got up and wrote it down, I winded up going to sleep and as you can see I wasn't able to give full details of the experience, the song is there in my head but I can't seem to grasp the word right now its fading. anyway still a great go of the technique, will try again tonight.

dpk38

Oh man!
Just tried this technique last night.
First, I got into deep trance. Was working towards bodyasleep, Mind awake stage.
After this I usually just wait for the vibes to set in. But this time I tried fild.
Mind blowing! It was so fast and so effective. I used three times in a row to Astral project yesterday.
Everyone must give this a shot
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Positive3

When i wake up i am lazy to move my fingers lol

dpk38

Quote from: Positive3 on May 16, 2016, 06:52:16
When i wake up i am lazy to move my fingers lol
Firstly, you shouldn't move your fingers. It's similar to phantom wiggle.

Secondly, I don't do it after waking up. I do it while going to sleep at night

Positive3

Uhm i watched a video on original post and he was moving them a little : P
my problem is that when i am tired i can just close my eyes and even if it's apocalypse outside i fall as sleep instatly, without realising it

dpk38

Quote from: Positive3 on May 16, 2016, 07:43:47
my problem is that when i am tired i can just close my eyes and even if it's apocalypse outside i fall as sleep instatly, without realising it

Well, you better work on that

Lumaza

Quote from: dpk38 on May 16, 2016, 07:30:26
Firstly, you shouldn't move your fingers. It's similar to phantom wiggle.
That is not true. It will lead to a Phantom Wiggle. I will speak more on this after I reply to your next quote.

QuoteSecondly, I don't do it after waking up. I do it while going to sleep at night
Same difference. Focus is focus!  :wink: The only thing that really changes is the degree of being fully conscious aware. When you abruptly awaken during your regular sleep cycle to roll over, etc., you are not fully consciously aware yet. When you first lie down to go to sleep you are still in the present. Meaning you are still fully aware of this here current physical reality.

Ok now to my further observations on this whole technique. I just returned from a out of town trip, so I couldn't post my results earlier.

I used this technique before I went to sleep and when I awoken abruptly in the night. I found that it much easier to do after a 4-6 hours of sleep. That is because I wasn't fully conscious yet. Just think of how you normally abruptly awake and how many times you don't even remember it because it was so easy to get back to sleep. Positive said it well in his quote "When I awaken I too lazy to move my fingers". When you first awaken abruptly, it is sooooooo easy to get back to sleep again. But Postiive, this is where your determination and "want" should be kicking in.

I would begin moving my fingers and in what would be somewhere in 5-10 minute span I would find that my "etheric fingers"
were actually the ones still moving.  I had begun the motion using my physical ones, but after awhile my focus was still on my fingers and I knew it wasn't my physical fingers that were moving anymore. I practice a technique using Phantom Wiggling often and I am very versed on the difference between a physical and a etheric movement.

So yes, this is a excellent technique showing the true powers of focus and yes it did lead me to a night full of great LDs. I am enjoying this quite a bit. Thank You for the share Superman.

Now, to doing this before I "initially" went to bed to go to sleep. I would start with my focus on my moving fingers. But it seemed like an eternity before I actually fell asleep. It was much easier when I was already well into my or should I say after I interrupted my REM cycle. I did wake up more then usual though. But I did with a rather vague memory of having Dreamed at all. There was little to no Dream recall to be had, unlike when I did it after a 4-6 hour period of time. That's when I did experience some very bizarre and thought provoking adventures. They were very enjoyable though and stayed with me throughout the day.

I know it's only after almost a week of experimenting with it, but I will definitely give this technique 2 THUMBS UP!  8-)

dpk38

Thank you for your in depth explanation. That really cleared up many doubts!

superman

Quote from: dpk38 on May 16, 2016, 06:15:22
Oh man!
Just tried this technique last night.
First, I got into deep trance. Was working towards bodyasleep, Mind awake stage.
After this I usually just wait for the vibes to set in. But this time I tried fild.
Mind blowing! It was so fast and so effective. I used three times in a row to Astral project yesterday.
Everyone must give this a shot

Cool!!!

And yes just like you I do it before sleep when Im very tired. I feel the effects within 5 minutes. In the morning I have no will power, nor motivation, nor awarness... nothing lol just dead and lazy. :p

Volgerle

Will give this a try too and report back. Seems there's many good results from different people making it worthwhile trying.

After a dry period for a long time now (stressful physical life can take its toll and be grounding) I need some fresh input, trying sth new always motivates and brings some results, so this might be it.

:-)

fowlskins

I had some success with this technique last night
Also combined it with the wild technique as my neighbor was outside on his phone at 3.00am and it woke me up so I went to the toilet and then tried to get back to sleep but he was still chatting and it kept me awake until about 4.00am
All the time I was trying to doze off I was wiggling my fingers

I must have been in a unconscious dream but then suddenly my awareness snapped and I had the sudden instinct to separate from my body I felt like I was physically sitting up and I felt a sensation of pulling away from my real body
There were no vibrations or other exit signs it happened super fast and I had to actually check if I was out of body as it felt like I may have just woken up I jumped up and floated up through the celling into the attic everything went black
I think the experience carried on in a dream like scenario but awareness was fuzzy and I don't recall what happened upon waking
Good results though I'll have another few goes with this method :)

dpk38

Szaxx

It does have the edge on many other methods so I can guess it'll become popular. I've set it as a sticky and we'll see how it goes.
The movements should be lightly done and this helps. If you are banging around physically I can't see it doing much, apart from wearing your fingers out lol.
The movements do appear to shift into the NP as your body falls asleep.
It does remind me of a reverse method when you're deep in SP and wiggle your toes to get out of it.
Fingers get you into the NP.
Toes get you into the physical.
Whatever next? Lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bloodshadow

so far it has only worked once, and I been trying every time I get, just like any other technique I've ever tried it gives me 1-2 results and stops working.