FILD Technique (very high success rate)

Previous topic - Next topic

Volgerle

I also had some success with it. Although the 2nd exit after the first went without finger wiggling.

Still, seems a good method worth keeping up for me.

Privex

I couldn't fall asleep while trying this method. I had napped after work and seemed to have trouble sleeping at night time while moving my fingers. After about two hours I thought I just might not be sleepy enough for it to work and stopped trying and fell asleep shortly after. Didn't nap after work today so I'm going to be trying it again. Wish me luck!

Rob29

Hello!

So I'm a little confused.  Do you literally tap your index and middle fingers or just slightly move them?  Also, do you just concentrate on doing that and nothing else?

Thanks!!

UPDATE: I tried this last night and got to the point where I felt slight vibrations and also what looked like a purple flash in my mind.  I guess I fell asleep then.  That was the closest I have been in a long time.

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Rob29 on September 07, 2016, 17:23:36
Hello!

So I'm a little confused.  Do you literally tap your index and middle fingers or just slightly move them?  Also, do you just concentrate on doing that and nothing else?

Thanks!!

UPDATE: I tried this last night and got to the point where I felt slight vibrations and also what looked like a purple flash in my mind.  I guess I fell asleep then.  That was the closest I have been in a long time.

Rob,

LOL... As i'm reading through the posts I had the same question.....

Are you actual moving your physical fingers or is it about the feeling of moving the fingers your trying to induce.

How do you move your physical fingers and expect to separate?
I'm guessing you are wanting the feeling of moving and not physically moving....

Hopefully another experienced member can provide some guidance on this.

Lumaza

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on September 29, 2018, 01:10:14
I'm guessing you are wanting the feeling of moving and not physically moving....

In my experiences with this technique, it lead to me becoming aware in SP and having what started as a "RTZ" experience, as in a "duplicate" of my room, but it soon changed location. What occurred was I awoke in a mild SP and allowed it to strengthen. I then foun d that I was being whisked away by my ankles, somewhat dragged, very quickly down my hallway and then out my patio window. The first part of the experience was what I could only describe as my bed, bedroom and home in general. Once out the window, things became bizarre. So bizarre, that they overwhelmed me and I soon "clicked out".

I began "physically" moving my fingers, until I kind of zonked out. I am sure though that somewhere through the process, my physical fingers stopped moving, but now the feeling I was getting was more "etheric" in nature.

What this technique does for you is it keeps you somewhat consciously aware right to the "border line" of the sleep process. I found it useful.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on September 29, 2018, 01:10:14
Rob,

LOL... As i'm reading through the posts I had the same question.....

Are you actual moving your physical fingers or is it about the feeling of moving the fingers your trying to induce.

From the author's linked post:

http://tinypic.com/r/2wrhl39/5 Here's a little video how i do the finger motion and how it works for me!
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Rob29

Lumaza - So you just concentrate on moving your fingers and keep your focus on the movement? 

- How long did you practice this for until it worked for you?

Lumaza

Quote from: Rob29 on October 08, 2018, 21:51:36
Lumaza - So you just concentrate on moving your fingers and keep your focus on the movement?
Yes 

Quote- How long did you practice this for until it worked for you?
It took a few times before it worked for me. But truth be told, it's just another "target focus, amongst the many. You could go to sleep focusing on your 3rd eye and still get the same results. You could even focus on your toes or that lamp beside your bed. The thing here is you are holding onto your awareness while your body goes to sleep naturally. Hence the label, "mind awake/body asleep" that we hear so often in this practice. When you naturally go to sleep, your conscious awareness wanes, as you "click out". You have many years of training in this. Head hits the pillow and it's light's out. Well, now we are trying to "rewire" the process.
To be able to continuously acquire this state, you need to change your "mindset" on a number of things. Most of those things go against our "human" physical  conditioning.

The key is to learn how to hold that "awareness" and passively observe any of the many symptoms that "could" occur while doing it, until your body does go to sleep. I find that comes from daily practice.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Plume

I tried that one with the finger  :-D
I think it worked :roll:
All I know is when I focus on my body in any ways or have an intention and maybe even a discomfort, like knowing that I need to get up because I feel the guilt of sleeping , it will give me all the symptoms, Vibration , falling off the bed or chair , sinking through the floor and get all mess-up with my blankets .... while this is happening I try my best to have that intention clear and also call for better vision. Most often I have not retained my awareness long enough to feel that I did anything different from all my experiences . I need much practice , but having done these exercises on a routine on many Saturdays , I noticed that now it will happen on its own , I will feel the separation and go into an nice experience that I can recall. They will be maybe a mixture of a dream landscape and some lucidity.   

Lumaza

Quote from: Plume on October 11, 2018, 08:59:01
I need much practice , but having done these exercises on a routine on many Saturdays , I noticed that now it will happen on its own , I will feel the separation and go into an nice experience that I can recall. They will be maybe a mixture of a dream landscape and some lucidity.   
Excellent Plume!  8-)

You are now seeing the benefits of your "routine" and continued practice sessions. Brain Entrainment is a real thing!  :-)

Nameless

That's wonderful Plume. You see setting up a routine shows your team when to expect you. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.