Xanth's Free 60 Page Book, “My Astral Projection Truth”

Previous topic - Next topic

NF91

Thank you for this ebook! It has cleared up so much misinformation. I read Monroe's books when I was like 16. My dad was into them and I would sneak them. Naturally I was confused and have had little success because I didn't really know what it was all about. Now I'm 22 and since trolling this site for a month I've had 2 waking conscious experiences and have a whole new outlook. Thank you Xanth!

Nick

Aaron330

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

SleepyHollow

Thanks for the book!

The distinction between dream, lucid and astral awareness is helpful. I've moved briefly between them and during those times I wondered if that proved it was "just a dream", so the assurance that we do move between them in any moment helps. That's pretty much what I was starting to understand anyway, that it's all about my awareness. It's always been funny to me that I usually lose some physical memories when dreaming. It kind of sounds like it's a matter of pulling the rest of myself into NP awareness, or being more fully there so I'm not all broken up with my memories left back in the physical?

What seems to help me is to listen to some soothing sound, like the ocean, and I kind of let that sound create a visual scene, and my NP eyes pop open and see something in stark detail. Sometimes I can get it to last a bit longer, such as walking out a door into a corridor, but I feel fear and snap back. I was doing this the other day briefly sitting in my car at the beach, and finally I had to roll up my windows, lock the doors, and open the sunroof so I could hear the ocean and still feel safe and protected. Still I felt vulnerable every time I heard a person or got startled by the intensity of the NP scene and snapped back.

I also get that thing where my physical eyes try to see it ant snap me back, but I'm starting to avoid that.

You mentioned there not being any such fundamental experience as a dream. I don't know exactly what you meant, but it got me thinking that our society dismisses things as "Just" a dream, when it's so strange that there would be any such lucid experiences where the mind isn't just thinking but actually fashions a whole fantasy reality to walk around in that seems real, for no purpose at all. It would make more sense that there actually is something there that it's touching on and having some kind of awareness of, or creating.

I'm checking out some of Frank Kepple's stuff.
NotDreams - My Astral Projection Blog
https://www.notdreams.com

PhaPriSpa

I share with you the quote to two posts on a topic on The Astral Pulse where I've shared some ideas that might provide additional help to those who read Mr. Ryan Tasker's Great Book "My Astral Projection Truth - What Is Astral Projection And How To Do It!".

Quote from: PhaPriSpa on February 13, 2017, 20:31:49

As I mentioned to Mr. Ryan Tasker, what's contained in his Great Book "My Astral Projection Truth - What Is Astral Projection And How To Do It!", listed as number 5 in the List, which he so Generously shared for FREE, the methods that he mentions in his book need to be combined (in my opinion and according to my experience) with the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) methodology in order for them to work (at least for not so natural/easy Astral Projectors /Lucid Dreamers), as for what you'll read in Dr Rory Mac Sweeney's book the WBTB process produces/activates in a natural way in the Brain the chemical processes that are required for acquiring/triggering Lucidity during a normal Dream, which triggers the start of a Lucid Dream (/Astral Projection). This also applies to the instructions contained in the Topic "The Astral Blueprint" of The Astral Pulse forums.

Quote from: PhaPriSpa on February 13, 2017, 21:54:46

When performing the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) method, is NOT necessary to stay awake for a long time (generally will take around 30 minutes or even less, depending if wanting to achieve a DILD Dream Initiated Lucid Dream or a WILD Wake Initiated Lucid Dream, and in some cases a little more as everybody is different, but it should be less than 1 hour as the body is supposedly tired as it's at the early morning and 2 or 3 more sleep cycles should be sleep), as the body and brain will fall asleep (in all cases even if a thread of consciousness/awareness seems to be present, but is not like that as the brain falls asleep as well as the body and only if it falls asleep after the body is that you hear your body snore but eventually the brain and mind gets asleep), and then, the Brain chemistry that has been activated by trying to keep slightly awake (during the return to sleep when you make an effort and try to keep a thread of consciousness that WILL eventually fall ASLEEP) and also for the time awaken during the WBTB (going to the bathroom, drinking a little of water, and reading a book with light low or in an electronic tablet with low light in the screen, but NEVER eating food and NEVER seeing Television and NEVER turning lights on as that affects the process) causes the sudden trigger/activation of awareness/lucidity/consciousness as a result of that brain chemistry being activated (but is important not activate it much Not to cause insomnia), as somehow the activation of the lucidity/awareness has been BY DESIGN tied to the brain chemistry functions that normally DRUG and turn off the Memory Functions when the body and brain are sleeping (and activate them when the body and brain are awake during waking activities) and that as a result of the WBTB method is "forced" into working in a different way by helping with the proper brain chemistry resultant of the WBTB to induce the trigger/activation of the Critical and Memory Functions of the brain causing/helping/assisting consciousness into acquiring/regaining Lucidity/Awareness. READ THE BOOKS as many of this it's explained in Detail in some of them. Below there is a link to some additional information and analysis regarding the WBTB method/process, as IT IS ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS TO ACHIEVE LUCID DREAMING (ASTRAL PROJECTION) at night, and it's same logic applies to those who practice naps (at 2 or 3 PM when some REM cycles occur in the brain) with a certain amount of tiredness with the difference that there is not need to previous sleep as the REM cycles happening at that hour and the necessary tiredness help in the process (those who practice it that way are the ones who know it, I mostly know about the process at night with the WBTB and can confirm that IS EFFECTIVE/EFFICACIOUS, but must me mentioned that naps affect the WBTB when practiced in the same day/night as they alter the sleep cycles of that same night, but everyone should experience with that and find what works for each one).

WBTB - Wake Back To Bed - Some Ideas and Analysis

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/books_of_lucid_dreaming_astral_projection_obe_out_of_body_experiences-t46899.0.html;msg364868#msg364868

My best regards.

Pha Pri Spa (Phasing Primer Spanish/French)

:)

Astral Potato

Now I have an account, I can reply.

Thank you for sharing your book. I found it extremely interesting and filled with great information.

Xanth

Quote from: Astral Potato on April 24, 2017, 13:40:21
Now I have an account, I can reply.

Thank you for sharing your book. I found it extremely interesting and filled with great information.
Much appreciated.  Please feel free to share it.  :)

Phalanx

Not sure if you are aware but two of the links dont work...
The dropbox link currently does not work says file not found...
and neither does the unlimited boundries 2011/02/28 my-phasing-primer-pdf link... says Oops! That page can't be found.

But the unlimited boundries xanths-phasing-primer link still does work.

Just letting ya know if you don't so that it can be hopefully fixed up for people trying to get a hold of it.

Good and evil are not conditions imposed by some benevolent deity, but states the soul must experience in order to surpass them and awaken.
-Neville Goddard

nofarewell7

Hello All,

I have downloaded and read the book and it is really good. Although (maybe because of linguistic reasons, I am Hungarian) I find it quite difficult to get to Focus 12. I am sure something is not quite right wih the mental aspect of the process, with the recognition part, the mental deepening. Physically I think I can relax myself quite efficiently.  Are there any updates/breakouts since it was done regarding what I have written here. Thanks in advance :)

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on July 26, 2019, 10:15:00
Hello All,

I have downloaded and read the book and it is really good. Although (maybe because of linguistic reasons, I am Hungarian) I find it quite difficult to get to Focus 12. I am sure something is not quite right wih the mental aspect of the process, with the recognition part, the mental deepening. Physically I think I can relax myself quite efficiently.  Are there any updates/breakouts since it was done regarding what I have written here. Thanks in advance :)
I have found two sure fire ways to get to what people call Focus 12 or the void rather quickly. One is too completely disassociate yourself from your physical body. The other is to learn how to see with your "Mind's eye" instead of your physical eyes.

The first one "disassociation" can be done in a number visualize yourself "unzipping" your Human suit. You can use affirmations. Any kind of focus that shows that you are "leaving" your physical vessel will work. You can't look back though until you get better with this practice. That requires the ability to hold a "dual focus", which is quite challenging. In the beginning, you need to bite in like a Pitbull and don't let go until you are ready to return.

The second one, seeing with the Mind's eye happens when You fight the urge to readjust your eyes while you are noticing. It's hard to explain, but during the "noticing" the darkness before your eyes, you will experience a impulse to readjust your vison. After you have fought that urge and stayed the course, of noticing in this case, you will find that the darkness you are seeing, has taken on a deeper level of depth. Hence the term associated with Focus 12, "3D darkness or the "void".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 27, 2019, 03:40:18
I have found two sure fire ways to get to what people call Focus 12 or the void rather quickly. One is too completely disassociate yourself from your physical body. The other is to learn how to see with your "Mind's eye" instead of your physical eyes.

The first one "disassociation" can be done in a number visualize yourself "unzipping" your Human suit. You can use affirmations. Any kind of focus that shows that you are "leaving" your physical vessel will work. You can't look back though until you get better with this practice. That requires the ability to hold a "dual focus", which is quite challenging. In the beginning, you need to bite in like a Pitbull and don't let go until you are ready to return.

The second one, seeing with the Mind's eye happens when You fight the urge to readjust your eyes while you are noticing. It's hard to explain, but during the "noticing" the darkness before your eyes, you will experience a impulse to readjust your vison. After you have fought that urge and stayed the course, of noticing in this case, you will find that the darkness you are seeing, has taken on a deeper level of depth. Hence the term associated with Focus 12, "3D darkness or the "void".
Thanks! I think the second one would be more appealing for me. So what you basically saying by fighting the urge to readjust our eyes equals with trying to keep our eyes completely still during the whole time?
Once when I practiced Zhan Zhuang (Tree stance in internal martial arts) - I tried to watch at one direction without even blinking for long minutes. The whole landscape started to be a mess after about 2-3 minutes, I wonder what would happen if we tried to phase out with open eyes?

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on July 29, 2019, 08:15:41
Thanks! I think the second one would be more appealing for me. So what you basically saying by fighting the urge to readjust our eyes equals with trying to keep our eyes completely still during the whole time?
It's a challenge to do, but like everything else in this practice, it gets easier with time. While Phasing when I fight the urge successfully, I immediately get the first real "pull" or should I say "evidence" of a shift occurring.
QuoteOnce when I practiced Zhan Zhuang (Tree stance in internal martial arts) - I tried to watch at one direction without even blinking for long minutes. The whole landscape started to be a mess after about 2-3 minutes, I wonder what would happen if we tried to phase out with open eyes?
Phasing with open eyes is known as "Scrying". I was a practitioner of that years ago as well. That's what was likely that taught me the "discipline" to be able to do it still today.

One very important thing that all forms of Martial Arts teach is "mental discipline". Being able to learn to control "yourself" in any situation is always beneficial to your well being!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 29, 2019, 18:04:10
It's a challenge to do, but like everything else in this practice, it gets easier with time. While Phasing when I fight the urge successfully, I immediately get the first real "pull" or should I say "evidence" of a shift occurring.  Phasing with open eyes is known as "Scrying". I was a practitioner of that years ago as well. That's what was likely that taught me the "discipline" to be able to do it still today.
One very important thing that all forms of Martial Arts teach is "mental discipline". Being able to learn to control "yourself" in any situation is always beneficial to your well being!  :-)
wow and WOW! Scrying? Can you provide any material(s) about Scrying? It is the first time I even hear about this and tbh I a little bit regretted that I asked about it right after as I thought it might have been taken as a joke (though I was very serious.) So it exists! I'll search Scrying here too. What are your experiences with it? Is there a reason you only practiced it in the past? Of course only reply if it's not of a private matter.
Yes, Martial Arts teach mental discipline in a very unique way. Maybe I should just implement that kind of attention into phasing, thanks for the hint :)
Cheers

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on July 29, 2019, 19:13:06
wow and WOW! Scrying? Can you provide any material(s) about Scrying? It is the first time I even hear about this and tbh I a little bit regretted that I asked about it right after as I thought it might have been taken as a joke (though I was very serious.) So it exists! I'll search Scrying here too. What are your experiences with it? Is there a reason you only practiced it in the past? Of course only reply if it's not of a private matter.
" From Wikipedia:
Scrying, also known by various names such as "seeing" or "peeping", is the practice of looking into a suitable medium in the hope of detecting significant messages or visions. The objective might be personal guidance, prophecy, revelation, or inspiration, but down the ages, scrying in various forms also has been a prominent means of divination or fortune-telling.[1] It remains popular in occult circles, discussed in many media, both modern and centuries old."

Scrying can be done using a black mirror,  Crystal ball, even a bowl of water or oil. I used a black mirror. Nostradamus was known to use a bowl of clear water and what he called his "Magick Mirror".
I guess it was one of the pieces of the puzzle/pathway that led me to my current practice here with Phasing. The only difference I see now is that with Phasing, my eyes are closed.  

QuoteYes, Martial Arts teach mental discipline in a very unique way. Maybe I should just implement that kind of attention into phasing, thanks for the hint :)
Cheers
Yes that's a great idea. Use your training. Xanth himself is a teacher, a Sensei of Martial Arts.

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 30, 2019, 00:54:06
" From Wikipedia:
Scrying, also known by various names such as "seeing" or "peeping", is the practice of looking into a suitable medium in the hope of detecting significant messages or visions. The objective might be personal guidance, prophecy, revelation, or inspiration, but down the ages, scrying in various forms also has been a prominent means of divination or fortune-telling.[1] It remains popular in occult circles, discussed in many media, both modern and centuries old."

Scrying can be done using a black mirror,  Crystal ball, even a bowl of water or oil. I used a black mirror. Nostradamus was known to use a bowl of clear water what and he called his "Magick Mirror".
I guess it was one of the pieces of the puzzle/pathway that led me to my current practice here with Phasing. The only difference I see now is that with Phasing, my eyes are closed.  

Yes that's a great idea. Use your training. Xanth himself is a teacher, a Sensei of Martial Arts.
Thanks for that! MAybe with a black mirror, the technique could be a bit easier with open eyes, and then if success comes, that will improve phasing too. I'll def try this out

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on July 30, 2019, 13:12:26
Thanks for that! MAybe with a black mirror, the technique could be a bit easier with open eyes, and then if success comes, that will improve phasing too. I'll def try this out
Actually, I found Scrying more difficult to do. Simply because you use a candle in the dark, so that you can kind of blank out any kind of distractions that were around you. It did teach me how to "hold" my focus on a singular target for a lengthy period of time. So, yes, it was beneficial.

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 30, 2019, 18:49:53
Actually, I found Scrying more difficult to do. Simply because you use a candle in the dark, so that you can kind of blank out any kind of distractions that were around you. It did teach me how to "hold" my focus on a singular target for a lengthy period of time. So, yes, it was beneficial.
For me, at the current period, phasing is really hard because I cannot really seem to know if I should "see" or imagine the actual images that would deepen my state of consciousness and I get confused during the process. I presume, scrying would be more evidential in a way of how the experience comes, I hope I am clear on this. Maybe I shouldn't try to distinguish this, just try to see further in the dark?

Lumaza

Quote from: nofarewell7 on July 30, 2019, 19:05:30
For me, at the current period, phasing is really hard because I cannot really seem to know if I should "see" or imagine the actual images that would deepen my state of consciousness and I get confused during the process. I presume, scrying would be more evidential in a way of how the experience comes, I hope I am clear on this. Maybe I shouldn't try to distinguish this, just try to see further in the dark?
This should help you greatly. Check this link out. It has many other links that deal directly with your problem here. I find much of this starts as "imagination", but somewhere along the way, it all changes!  :-)
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html

Here are some more threads that I either created or shared some techniques in, in the past, that should keep you busy for awhile. They all have the same thing in common. Like Xanth says in his free E-book here, "it all has to do with strengthening your FOCUS!"
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cycling-t45973.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cloud_9_and_beyond-t44871.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/practice_but_practice_what-t39372.0.html

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 30, 2019, 19:15:47
This should help you greatly. Check this link out. It has many other links that deal directly with your problem here. I find much of this starts as "imagination", but somewhere along the way, it all changes!  :-)
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html

Here are some more threads that I either created or shared some techniques in, in the past, that should keep you busy for awhile. They all have the same thing in common. It all has to do with strengthening your FOCUS!
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cycling-t45973.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cloud_9_and_beyond-t44871.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/practice_but_practice_what-t39372.0.html
Thanks very much, really appreciated! :) :)

nofarewell7

Quote from: Lumaza on July 30, 2019, 19:15:47

Here are some more threads that I either created or shared some techniques in, in the past, that should keep you busy for awhile. They all have the same thing in common. Like Xanth says in his free E-book here, "it all has to do with strengthening your FOCUS!"
Actually I have a question, one of the threads (http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/practice_but_practice_what-t39372.0.html) included a notion which raises a question: could/should I use music during phasing? The thread has a link to a Hans Zimmer ost collection. There are various binaural beats/Blisscoded sounds/ etc to help/induce, but more "commercial" music could help in phasing too? Do you have any experience with this? As a musician and someone who really loves music, I might use it if it is recommended. Thanks :)

EscapeVelocity

Again, replying for Lumaza because he is currently offline-

Depending on just where you are in your individual development, music may work to enhance your experience or it may not. The answer is to give it a try.

I was at The Monroe Institute early this year and the first couple days I was getting nowhere and becoming very frustrated. Then in one session, they had a background music track that just seemed to transport me into a new realm, I had a fantastic flight through surreal landscapes. I came away from that session thinking that music was the answer to my difficulty before. But the next session that we had music, I got nothing! Very disappointing!

So the lesson for me was that what works one moment may not necessarily work the next, for a variety of possible reasons, which I still have not fully come to understand. Lol. You keep trying different things.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

JoshyBoii

I read your Ebook last night and enjoyed it quite a lot. I learned a lot and was very surprised at some points that were made. So are projections just dreams but with astral awareness? I'm still trying to digest all this information as most things that I've researched on astral projection don't even mention anything about the different types of awarenesses. I'm glad I came across your Ebook. I used to meditate and the longer I would spend meditating the more I would find myself being more drawn into the void, I would go deeper and deeper. By reading your book it sounds like I was sort of unintentionally trying to Phase.

Xanth

Quote from: JoshyBoii on November 10, 2019, 13:54:46
I read your Ebook last night and enjoyed it quite a lot. I learned a lot and was very surprised at some points that were made.
They're not really surprising when you look at them from the perspective that most of what people THINK they know about projection started with Robert Monroe... and in the time between his first book to his third and final book, even his beliefs changed in huge ways.  I just took those beliefs and drew them out to their inevitable conclusion.  Robert Monroe was ALMOST there... I took it the rest of the way.  I have no doubt that he would have eventually came to the same conclusions as I.  Read his third book if you haven't already.

QuoteSo are projections just dreams but with astral awareness?
Yes, however, I would flip that slightly.  Astral Awareness is a dream (non-physical experience) where you're as aware as you are right now while reading this.
I use the label "dream" there though, yet the understanding needs to be made that we humans have NO IDEA what a "dream" actually is.

Within the framework of my book and my experiences, I can tell you that what we call a "dream" simply doesn't exist.  A dream is no different than the physical reality experience you're having right this very second, you're just unaware of that fact while you're experiencing it.  So then, by extension, what people call an "Astral Projection" is also no different from this waking physical reality, you're fully aware.

That brings me to this physical reality experience... it's a projection as well, no different from any astral projection you have.  We experience it in a more stable way because there is more than just you experiencing this reality.  It's a conglomerate of the experiences of all the conscious entities (you, me and everyone/thing else) combined and stays existing simply because of the number of entities creating and sustaining it.
If all conscious entities were to leave this physical reality, this reality would cease to exist.  This reality is simply one in an infinite number of realities.  Some physical, some not physical, some incomprehensible while we're in this physical form, because you can only experience something from within the confines of your current understanding and experiences.  This is the subjective nature of our experiences.

QuoteI'm still trying to digest all this information as most things that I've researched on astral projection don't even mention anything about the different types of awarenesses.
And they won't because most people learn what I would call the "Classical" view of projection and consciousness, which is seriously lacking. 

QuoteI'm glad I came across your Ebook. I used to meditate and the longer I would spend meditating the more I would find myself being more drawn into the void, I would go deeper and deeper. By reading your book it sounds like I was sort of unintentionally trying to Phase.
You nailed it.  :)