First steps in phasing with custom hemisync assistance

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Hello everyone,

I guess I'll start this off by explaining my phasing practice, then I'll go on to the sensations that I get, followed by my current interpretation of those sensations.

Method

I started by using the Monroe Hemisync tapes to get into Focus 3 at least. But after listening to the same track a few times, it feels so repetitive and slow.
"Imagine your energy conversion box" ... 5 minutes later ... "now open the box" ... why do I have to imagine the box for so long if I wasn't even supposed to open it yet?
I like the concept of binaural beats and hemisync and I think Monroe might have been onto something, but I find the guided meditation along with it just too slow.
So, I analyzed the audio files to find what kind of binaural beats were used and created my own hemisync files, but without any guided meditation.
My current file is 10 minutes of the Focus 3 sound, then 10 minutes crossfade Focus 3 to Focus 10, then 10 minutes of the Focus 10 sound. (total 30 minutes)

So what I do is lie down, listen to the 30 minute track while practicing the noticing method as described by Frank and Xanth.
(I've tried the 30 minute track with mantra meditation as well, but that felt far less successful.)
Also, I usually practice during the day while lying down on a couch.

Sensations

About 5-10 minutes in, I usually get decreased perception of my limbs. Shortly after, I commonly get the feeling my body is floating through water or space. At that point I can still feel my whole body and I know the position of my limbs, it just feels like I'm floating on waves. Hard to describe, but I guess you guys know these sensations...

About 20 minutes in, I start to get "micro-dreams". I'm talking about short dream scenes that last for just a second or two. Sometimes just static images, sometimes they are moving for a second before they vanish.
Sometimes they are accompanied by a falling sensation that wakes me back up because of the whole body twitch.
And that's it, I guess. What's pretty cool imo, is that I can even get all this while sitting upright. Tried it twice and worked both times.

Interpretation

Well, the micro-dreams indicate that I'm pretty close to sleep at that point.
What I'm wondering is mostly whether this is still Focus 3 or already a Focus 10.
My guess is Focus 3 because I can still feel the position of my limbs during all of it.
But during the micro-dreams, I probably forget about my body for a second, so maybe I'm flickering in and out of F10 at that stage.

Questions

Is this Focus 10 already, or still Focus 3?
How do I proceed from there? Just keep doing the noticing technique and hope I'll get further at some point?
Or should I maybe try switching to a rundown visualization at the micro-dream stage?
I'm grateful for any pointers you might have :)

LightBeam

Welcome, Pelican! I think I will let other members that have more experience with phasing answer your questions. I know EscapeVelocity attended the Monroe institute and he has posted great results. Hopefully he can provide some input for you. I personally have tried this method for years without success even tough I was consistent. Until I read William Buhlman's books, started applying the visualization/motion technique as I was falling asleep for three weeks and then I had my first full blown OBE triggered by sleep paralysis and vibrational state during the night. After that you h=just have to keep practicing at least every other night to have consistent APs or become aware during dreams and easily convert to AP> It takes a lot less time and efforts and it has a high success rate. Just something to think about and give it a try if you don't success with phasing in the next month or two. You can actually practice this technique as well in parallel to your phasing efforts. It just takes 15-20 min while you are falling asleep. It's rather pleasant actually.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

Hello Pelican and welcome to the Pulse!

LightBeam has started you off with some good advice and I shall endeavor to add and expand on that. Twenty years ago ...egads... twenty-five years ago, I was dealing with the same issues you describe- Is this F3, where does F10 start, am I in F12...blah, blah blah...
It doesn't get you quite where you wanted, but it is all good training, and that is evident in the detail of your first post in this thread; you are describing very subtle aspects in an intelligent fashion which can only come with experience.

With plenty of trial and error, and finally a few visits to The Monroe Institute (TMI), I have found some personal clarification that I will offer. There are no hard and fixed rules to any of this. There are gradations and levels to all the Focus Levels. So, you can be in a low F10 or a high F10 or somewhere in between. A low F15 or F21 or a high F15 or F21... It is all okay; you can still accomplish most of the tasks you 'intend' from within those levels; it does not have to be perfect. Let me repeat...none of this demands that you BE in a 'perfect' state of F10, F15, F21 or whatever. It is all approximations...so just work with where you are. Rule #1 of the Non- Physical (NP) is this- Go with the flow (of whatever presents itself at the time). GO WITH THE FLOW.

Rule #1 will be repeated unmercifully until you subscribe to it...so, if ever in doubt, refer to Rule #1.

The fact that you are noticing what you call "micro dreams" is a good individual recognition. This is Focus 10 and actually a bit beyond it, call it 11 or 12 or maybe a bit further. So you are plenty relaxed. Forget about whether you are still sensing your body and limbs...you are now in a very opportunistic area of consciousness and it is still possible to be aware of your body. At TMI, you can still sit up and take notes and quickly return to this peripheral state...so don't get hung up about absolute silence or absolute lack of movement. Part of what they teach is that even in the higher states, you can still move around, take a few notes and instantly return to that Focus level. It is a "dexterity of mind' that they teach you...really cool.

You are looking for a first OBE and you are at a bit of a dilemma-point. What are you expecting? A ghost-like, spiritual kind of rising from your physical body where you 'float out'? That is possible. I call that an Etheric projection. It leads to a certain 'local' set of experiences. The other type is a Phasing...which could be argued as an Astral or higher type projection. The former is very tactile in a sense, the latter, more dream-like...

My advice is to just be open to either type of OBE. The first type is perfectly cool and enjoyable and wonderous...and will eventually lead to the second which is also cool and wonderous...they are different things and it is impossible to tell where you will start. It is all up to you.

This 'flickering' process, as you accurately describe it, is a crucial decision-point and a great sign that you are close...you need to relax and just let it happen, go with the flow. You may fall asleep or you may make a conscious transition into a Phasing projection or a Lucid Dream. Whichever it is really doesn't matter...it is a success. So just let go. This was my biggest problem to overcome. If you fall asleep then trust that your intention will take you into a Lucid Dream. Also understand that this may be a necessary process for your 'Higher Self' to allow your 'inner self' to begin experiencing this stuff. It may involve some very small steps that you may be overlooking and unaware of. Just possible.

You could follow one of the 'micro-dreams'...sometimes those expand into longer themes. Like you mentioned, you could start a Rundown and follow that if it develops. I have found that successful Rundowns depend on physical, rhythmic movement- dancing, gymnastics, skiing, snowboarding, trampoline...go with whatever you enjoy that has movement.

You asked if you should just continue the 'noticing technique' and wait for something to happen. No, you now need to definitely apply an 'intention'...what specific thing do you wish to accomplish? Well, you have to ask for it in the form of an intention and you have to mentally state it and emotionally 'intend' it. This can be a bit problematic...it is for me. Figure out a simple way to state your desire and don't ask for too much, too soon. "I want to have an out of body experience", "I want to fly in space above the Earth", I want to experience the next best lesson I need to learn"...the last idea is probably the best and a default intention. Asking to visit a deceased relative is a good one but the timing can be problematic.

All the people you have read have offered good information. As far as techniques, I don't think anything compares to what is offered here at the Pulse. Here, you have the latest and best ideas from OBE experts offering their knowledge from decades of experience.

The First Board-

Exit Symptoms/Signposts
How I Got Out For The First time
Everything You Could Want To Know About Sleep Paralysis
Tests, Quests, Challenges

Third Board-

Doorway Technique
Phantom Wiggle Method
Steps to Success
The Astral Blueprint
Conceptual Framework of the Astral

Again, Welcome!

And enjoy!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Wow!  :-o After EscapeVelocity's excellent post here all that's left to say is welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Pelican

Thank you all for replying, especially EscapeVelocity for the depth of your answer of course!  :-D

Thank you for your reassuring words and I think I can really make use of your pointers! Exactly what I needed to hear, probably.
I'll experiment with rundowns at the flickering stage and applying an intention. As well as just letting it flow as much as possible, of course.
Should be enough ideas to experiment and progress for a while.

The dexterity of mind thing is very interesting as well. I've heard that Monroe experimented with having people walk around while listening to hemisync
and in some of the books, they mention that the "test subjects" were basically live reporting their experiences to Monroe.
And it's probably the beginning of the "parallel processing" that Tom Campbell always talks about.
I'm definitely hoping to develop some of that dexterity of mind as well, at some point. But first things first, I'll keep that in mind for later.

With regards to the astralpulse threads you mention, I've already noticed that this forum contains a wealth of good information.
It's great that many people have contributed such high quality threads with information that can barely be found elsewhere.

I'm very motivated to practice now. I'll make sure to report back when I have interesting progress, although it might take some time.

Lumaza

Quote from: Pelican on June 26, 2019, 21:01:45
I'm very motivated to practice now. I'll make sure to report back when I have interesting progress, although it might take some time.
Sometimes just simply showing that interest will result in a "sneak peek" of what could be!  :-)

My first successful conscious Phasing experience came as the result of watching a video on "Candle staring", then immediately applying what I saw in said video. The result being my first "sneak peek", which turned out to be a lasting one! I was hooked then and there!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Pelican, I have one thing to add that I missed in your original post-

That 'falling sensation' that is followed by the body twitch, which pulls back your consciousness...let that happen...relax and follow the imagery; even if it means you fall asleep. This is your starting point; let it establish itself and then you will perceive a direction to move beyond it. It may require one or two or maybe three tries...so just allow the process.

That 'falling sensation' is a classic 'exit sensation', you are now sensing the true NP movement...so you should allow it to deepen, expand, whatever...just follow it...

It's not easy to do initially, but the recognition is important. With a few tries you will succeed. This exit sensation will either take you into an Etheric OBE or a Phasing-type OBE...either one is good, just go with the flow...and then work from there...

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Pelican

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 27, 2019, 06:05:19
That 'falling sensation' that is followed by the body twitch, which pulls back your consciousness...let that happen...relax and follow the imagery; even if it means you fall asleep. This is your starting point; let it establish itself and then you will perceive a direction to move beyond it. It may require one or two or maybe three tries...so just allow the process.

That 'falling sensation' is a classic 'exit sensation', you are now sensing the true NP movement...so you should allow it to deepen, expand, whatever...just follow it...

Oh, thank you again! I've always kinda seen that sensation as a minor annoyance because it pulls my consciousness back (because of the twitch). But if it is a good sign, I'll try to allow it and just go with the flow. I'm fine with any type of OBE, really. I want to do both at some point, but which one happens first doesn't matter as much to me.

@Lumaza: I'll take any sneak peak I can get!  :-D

Pelican

After taking some time off from AP practice, I've been getting into it again the last few days.

I've created a new audio file that includes the F3, F10 and F12 sounds with a total length of 35 minutes. Basically it's 10 minutes of each sound.
I've created these sounds by analyzing the gateway process sound files and recreating the specific sounds, but by now I realized that these sounds do not actually correlate
to the specific states of consciousness. For me, the F10 sound seems to roughly correlate to the states of F10 and F12, while the F12 sound seems to be getting me into the state of F15.
So to minimize any further confusion, I should probably stop calling the sounds by the names of their associated focus states.
Instead, I'll just call them sound 1, sound 2, sound 3 (S1, S2, S3).
My method of choice is still just listening to the audio and applying the noticing technique.

Sound 1 is a mixture of 8Hz and 4Hz binaural beats, which seems to have very limited effects on my consciousness. Nothing extraordinary usually happens while listening to this sound, but I keep it basically just as an intro for my audio files. 

Sound 2 is a mixture of 4Hz binaural beats. As soon as this sound starts to play, I usually feel I'm zooming into the darkness in front of my eyes, together with a widening of my visual field (more peripheral vision, less focused, still just seeing the darkness in front of my eyes though). After a few more minutes of this sound, microdreams might start to appear. Not always though.

Sound 3 is mostly a 2Hz binaural beat. As soon as this sound starts to play, I black out completely and only regain consciousness after the audio file ends, lol. Often, I have no recollection at all of ever hearing this sound during the session. (But I do have a clear memory of listening to S2 for a long time). At first, I assumed I'm just falling asleep, but by now (after some more experiments), I'm thinking it's actually the state of Focus 15.
Compared to actual sleep, I do have more control. I.e. the possibility to return to normal consciousness, if I want to. It is kind of a timeless, quiet blackness though, very similar to sleep and I don't really hear the sound from my earphones anymore at this point. Time passes very quickly in this state.

It's interesting to see how strongly these sounds affect me. When the audio file switches from S1 to S2 or from S2 to S3, the changes in my state of consciousness are very noticeable and quick.

So that's it for some general progress, I've had some interesting stuff happen this weekend as well:

Yesterday, I did the same S1-S3 session while sitting upright on my couch. The usual happened and microdreams started at the end of the S2 part. Because I was sitting upright, they were accompanied by my head falling forward, causing me to wake up a little, each time it happened. At some point, I felt like I switched into the dream scene for a very short time (maybe one second), but returned instantly when my head fell forward again. So I guess that was pretty close to actual phasing.

Today, I did an attempt lying down on my couch again and I decided to try a visual rundown instead of using just the noticing method (as I would usually do). Not very happy with how it went, the visualization takes a lot of mental effort. Also visualizing me moving around seems to keep my body more awake than in my other attempts and I have more difficulty staying relaxed. Idk, I guess I keep experimenting with that, but maybe the rundowns with movement are not for me. I'll try experimenting with rundowns that do not include as much movement. 

Also, since I started again, I kinda forgot about the advice I already got in this thread, so from now on I'll try to apply what you guys said as well.

Lumaza

You are seeing the benefits of experimenting. Good work!  8-) Here's to your continued success!  :-) 8-)

floriferous

I think EV sums up the approach to focus levels nicely.

There is always that nagging feeling of am I there yet? which you have to let go of. Bob Monroe experiences all occured from the equivalent of a focus 10 state only. The irony with Bob was hemi sync never really worked for him. He likend it to organising a party at your house but only being able to watch it from afar. Everyone else having a good time but you.

In regard to binaural beats I will say that the carrier signal is far more important than we think ;)

Lumaza

Quote from: floriferous on October 22, 2019, 23:27:49
I think EV sums up the approach to focus levels nicely.
I agree. You and EV both have first hand experience with the Monroe Institute. 

QuoteThere is always that nagging feeling of am I there yet? which you have to let go of. Bob Monroe experiences all occured from the equivalent of a focus 10 state only.
That feeling/thought of "am I there yet" ruins a successful projection just as much as the thought "here we go" does.

QuoteIn regard to binaural beats I will say that the carrier signal is far more important than we think ;)
Once again I agree. Through years of personal and sometimes daily use of Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones, I have found that I can alter my brainwave frequency faster than I ever could. I love using them as a "Primer". They teach you how to recognize and "hold" that frequency which in turn helps you "remain" conscious throughout your "shift".         

Windwalker.

I have very similar experiences without using Monroes recordings or focuses. Very similar. When you have those snippet dreams and then snap back- yes it is when you are close to sleep. I like your idea of constructing a homemade tape. What i dont like about Monroes hemisync is that they only last for 30 minutes and then Monroe tells you to "wake up." I dont wanna wake up! I wanna project!  I wish I had a recording for like 2 hours of only Monroes hemisync with his guided meditation without him telling you to wake up. Anyway-what I would suggest is that you use your homemade tape during a wake back to bed method. Get up around 4am or wake up naturally after a dream. Then splash water on your face and read a book about projecting for about half an hour. Then go to your lazy boy or comfortable chair and play your homemade tape. You are getting close to that sleep/wake line but then snapping back prematurely. If you do the wbtb method you will induce the state much quicker with your homemade tape. If you are getting visuals during the day from a wide awake state you will get them much easier after your brain has been in REM. I have been wanting to do this myself because I believe the wbtb would be great for me if modified slightly. The problem is once I awake after a dream I am to lazy to see it through! Also-I wouldn't concern yourself so much with what focus you are or are not in. Projecting can get cluttered up by adding unnecessary labels because in truth it is you simply "hovering" at the "sleep/wake" line but remaining conscious and fully aware as you do so. That of course is your choice. You are "right there." Good luck.