News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Focus 5?

Previous topic - Next topic

The Present Moment

What made you think there was more than F3, and why have you decided that there is no F5 etc. (or have you)?

Frank

Hi:

I'm rushing a tad as I've got a lot of ordinary life stuff to deal with right now trying to get things together for my Virtual Classroom together with a number of other issues. So please forgive the short response.

I've talked about my frustrations with the Monroe linear focus model and my frustrations in my attempts to go "beyond" focus 27 of the Monroe model, which is the upper branches, as I call them, of my Focus 3. So a search on my posts of the past 6 months should bring these issues I talked about to the fore. I touched on the Focus 5 issue in my latest newsletter as a few people have asked. As far as I am aware, within our Wider System, there is no Focus 5. Focus 4 appears to be a kind of "umbrella focus" that encompasses the other focuses. As to what is "outside" of that, well, we have these Trans-Dimensional areas in consciousness that I have been trying to get to grips with for about a year now. Who knows where they lead, to be honest.

Ultimately, I am not sure if we can actually "project" outside of our Wider System. I have never done it. I think Monroe tried it, from what I can gauge, but it entailed the withdrawal of his subjective physical-body consciousness. In which case your physical body has about an hour of life in it before it expires (seriously). To be honest, I'm really not sure. You have to understand that this kind of thing is way, way, out "on the edge" as it were. You are SO far "out" it's unreal. There are so few people who have ever encountered this kind of problem. Monroe appears to have tried to encounter it. I am sort of teetering on the edge wondering whether to take the plunge and see.

Yours,
Frank

LordoftheBunnies

This immediately reminded me of the description of projection in Franz Bardon's Hermetic system, where so much of one's consciousness is drawn out of body that it can lead to danger if the intention to keep the lungs breathing and the heart pumping is not imprinted on it.  

I'm not sure if Monroe's experience is exactly similar, but here's an article from Rawn Clark's site which goes into the subject.

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Warning.html

Also here, in the section on astral training.

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/IIH-Step9.html

Frank

Major Tom:

I have been on the brink of this for about 6 months wondering. I came to the conclusion a few days ago that I would re-read Monroe's work completely and retrace everything he was mentioning. It's funny that this point has come up. The Interstate, yes, but it's the end bit that I could never quite grasp. So I am going to recap.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

LOTB:

Thank you for your input, but the people that you are quoting are involved in "astral" constructs which are Focus 2 of consciousness of the Phasing Model or what I would call the wider Focus 12 of the Monroe model. Being at the end of the Interstate, in Monroe terms, is being at the very edge of our Wider System. I'm not sure if any mystical constructs relate to this point. They'd all call it "god" I guess. Something you'd have to attain some kind of superior "incarnation" to achieve in their terms.

Yours,
Frank

Gandalf

Bruce moen has a theory for what may lie 'beyond' our reality system, a theory which I have mentioned briefly in other posts. Focus 4 is what Moen would term his 'total self' or his 'disk'.. *but* then he goes further and says these 'disks' are in themselves part of (or focuses of) an even greater 'total' self somewhere else (what we may call focus 5), which in turn is belongs to something even greater and so it goes on until you arrive finally at the total self that IS everything in all totality ie what traditional accounts call 'god'... nice idea but completely unprovable!

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

TheJza

I was also wondering about the whole Focus 5 thing myself.

I figured that Focus 4 was where the few people who have had true non-dual "enlightenment" experiences were at, but this whole Focus 5 nonsense throws that out of the window.

I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much, as I am still trying to make it to Focus 2 reliably.

mactombs

QuoteI guess I shouldn't worry about it too much, as I am still trying to make it to Focus 2 reliably.

I hear you there! Once some people start doing that at least, I imagine this forum will really heat up. I think that will be very exciting. I come to the forums every day hoping to see someone has posted about having successes with Phasing.

Focus 2 is so tricky. My main problem right now is falling asleep. It doesn't matter if I've had 10 hours, I still fall asleep. I had a dream that to keep myself from unintentionally falling asleep, I put a quarter-full bottle of water on my palm. It seems to work - when I fall asleep, the water bottle falls over and wakes me up (but I keep the lid on, of course, I don't need that kind of wake up).

Oh, and I had a really promising rundown today. I was imagining watching one of those things with all the balls where the end balls swing back and forth in turn, set next to a fireplace with a hickory log on. I get mesmerized by things like fire and that doohickey, so watching the fire reflected on the doohickey really pulled me in.

Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic, just thought I'd share. ;)
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Frank

MT:

Monroe was right there, I am sure of it. I think it was his interpretation of events that was different. But I am going to try and retrace those outward steps. It is something that has always bothered me. A kind of last link in the jigsaw that was missing with Monroe. I wonder where the heck he was. He was way out, but not in Focus 4 terms. There was something else. You cannot objectify Focus 4. It is a TOTAL disintegration of "self". Or maybe he was about to step into that. I wonder.

Seriously, I reckon he was about to attempt to step into *another* dimension of consciousness from Focus 3. Entering into a complete "Trans-Dimensional" state. And that is what I have been trying to study for ages, these Trans-Dimensional areas. I reckon that is why his physical was put at risk. Okay, I'm guessing now, I admit. But I am going to completely retrace his footsteps over the next few months.

If he were trying to enter another dimension, then that is just incredible. That is not Focus 3, 4 or 5, that is just completely into the total unknown. And I mean unknown. Unless he was attempting to enter focus 4 while holding a complete objective knowing of that fact. That would just be crazy. You'd just be short-circuiting every subjective energy circuit that ever was. I doubt anyone could have the objective will to do that. Just too many natural laws against you. It couldn't happen.

I just wonder what on earth he found, what secrets there are still to be unlocked from Monroe. So I'm going to begin again from page one and work through it until that final piece of the jigsaw falls into place.

Yours,
Frank

The Present Moment

Thank you all for these great responses! I've just begun AP/phasing; for the time being my abilities can't come close to satisfying my curiosity. With any luck I'll be able to answer these questions for myself in the next few years.

Smilodon29A

Frank, you say that you should look into yourself, because you are not traveling anywhere, just having a different focus.

How come that your physical self can became in dangered if you are doing just traveling inside you ?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question,  but I would really like to understand.
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

Steve 2B

I read in one of the Buddhism books about when Siddhartha Gautama was dying that he was saying to his followers that he was going to somewhere from which he wouldn't return. I wonder if this is the same thing as Major Tom says;

"Eventually he reaches the emitter.."portal to God" though no-one knows exactly what is behind it. Communication cut off one's you go through it/no return."

It's definitely not Focus4 as the Buddhist texts point to Focus 4 as the dissolving of self and gaining 'enlightenment'...Hmmmm
I'm also beginning to wonder if this Moen disk is the same thing as the Buddhist Dharma wheel? Some interesting similarities here!

Cheers all :)

Steve
Nothing in the world is better than practicing/ Nothing in the world is harder than eating...

Major Tom

Frank

Smilodon:

If you withdraw your subjective connection to your physical body then your physical will die in about 20 minutes to an hour. Under all normal projection circumstances the physical is perfectly safe and no-one need worry about a thing. There was just one aspect of Monroe's work that has intrigued me for ages where he took a step "out" of our system, or so it would appear, and his physical body was put at some risk.

The only way his physical could have been put at risk is by withdrawing his subjective energetic connection, or the action he was attempting to perform meant that his connection to his physical was cut off for the duration of that action. Quite what he was doing has always been something of a mystery, so I'm going to see if I can shed some light on it over the next month or two.

Yours,
Frank

Stookie

I don't know if I can add anything with my limited knowledge or not, but here's a try:

I've been reading books by Rudolph Steiner who in the early 1900's created Anthroposophy or "Spiritual Science". He said that while on Earth man consists of a Physical Body, Etheric Body, Astral Body, and Ego, all being stuck together as we experience the physical. I picture this as being like F1, F2, F3, & F4. He also speaks of 3 "bodies" higher than that, but while consisting of a physical body, man has little knowledge or experience of them. Supposedly only after many experiences he goes through an "Ego Death" where he "transcends" as a new "being". (I'm not sure if these are the correct words to use).

Is anyone else familiar with Steiner or Anthroposophy?