News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Focus on Third Eye - how?

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAvatar

Hello,

I searched the forum for an answer on how to focus on my Third Eye while practicing AP. I found myself using my physical eyes staring at the blackness of my closed lids and sometimes even "looking" cross-eyed at the point between my brows. Could someone give me precise instructions on how to learn to focus on and feel the Third Eye?

Thanks in advance,
Nils

beavis

As with any chakra, energy is drawn to it (or created by it?) by doing things. Just sitting there wanting it does not work as well. Example: if I've worked hard all day at college homework, and think I cant take any more, but seriously think that I'll do it for as long as it takes!!! at that moment, I get a lot of energy in my third eye (about 1 centimeter above between the front-centers of my eyes, top of my nose). You might be focusing on it, but there could be no energy there to see.

TheAvatar

Thanks for the reply, Beavis.

I read a few techiques for achieving APs and some say to see with "Third Eye". I just wonder how to do that without using the physical counterparts.

Especially Birms "Triangle" method involves "concentrating" on the Third Eye. It's just difficult for me to concentrate on something I can't locate or feel.

Nostic

It starts with using your physical eyes. For me though, I had to do a lot of energy raising before I felt anything from my 3rd eye, so be patient. You know you're getting somewhere when you can feel a constant pressure at the region, and feel almost hypnotized or disoriented whenever you focus on it. Also, I find that with AP in general, relaxation is extremely important. Even the slightest tension in any of your muscles will keep you attached to your body. So constantly scan yourself and make sure that there is no strain or tension anywhere.

TheLostOne

hi
I was just checking trough topics and I saw this one
what excatly is this feeling the eye got to do with AP?
I can feel this chakra whenever i want, actualy I feel it all the time, unless I forget about it....its like with breathing.. u can always control breathing whenever u want.. then u have to forget about it , to make it automatic..
so u forget about feeling the chakra and then u just don't know that u feel it..

but by my experiences, the ability to feel this is connected with the understanding and living forgivness and compasion..
but its not necesarilyy true, since im still discovering the reasons..
(I rarely practised meditation)

anyway I'm very energeticaly sensitive.. I can feel lets say if I get mad, not VERY MAD, just mad, I can already feel the strong exhaustion in energetic way.. or when I entered the room, where the Budha reliquis and other Lama's reliquis where exhibited, I could feel strong energetic field.

Can this be used at some specific methods to have an AP?
I never had AP, i never practised anything,
I dont even know why excatly should someone have AP,
so thats a reason enough to try it ..

alexd

I'm not sure what this has to do with AP either, and I don't have precise instructions, but I do have a few suggestions.

To activate your third eye all you have to do is bring your awareness to the place slightly above and between your two eyes.

However this only becomes easy from experience, there are ways you can learn to build up your awareness of your third eye:

1. Focus softly on a candle flame in a dark room for 30 seconds. Close your eyes and focus on the after-image.

2. Close your eyes and roll them up into the top left corners of your eyelids so they "look" at the third eye.

3. Visualize a feather on your forehead moving back and forth.

This is all I can recall at the moment, but it should be enough to get you started. With experience it just becomes a matter of focusing on your third eye the same as focusing on a thought or body movement.

Alex
I want to be in the energy, not with the enemy
A place for my head

Nostic

It's connected to AP because you can project through your 3rd eye. I've done this before spontaneously- currently practicing to do it at will... and getting closer to accomplishing that. The 3rd eye can act like a vortex, sucking you out of your body. Also, to fully open your 3rd eye is the goal if you want to enter and merge with the divine light, thereby attaining Christ Consciousness...

alexd

Have you fully opened your third eye Nostic?

I remember now that it can be concentrated upon to project to the Astral, but I also believe the heart center can also be used, perhaps other chakras too can be used.

Alex
A place for my head

TheAvatar

Well, I try to train focusing on my 3rd eye frequently, using the technique which involves "looking" at the 3rd eye with my physical eyes, but my eye muscles are aching due to the stress. What to do about it or ain't I doing it the right way?

Nostic

Quote from: alexdHave you fully opened your third eye Nostic?

Alex

No, but that's what I'm working on though. :wink:

Nostic

Quote from: TheAvatarWell, I try to train focusing on my 3rd eye frequently, using the technique which involves "looking" at the 3rd eye with my physical eyes, but my eye muscles are aching due to the stress. What to do about it or ain't I doing it the right way?

I believe that if you keep raising your energy, through trial and error what you're supposed to do exactly will become more and more clear. That's what seems to work for me, although I still haven't fit all the pieces of the puzzle together yet.

alexd

In comparison to the other chakras it's surprisingly easy for me to activate my third eye. It is usually active most of the day without me thinking about it.

Apart from the other 2 methods I mentioned the technique using your physical eyes is probably the most effective way to build your awareness of your energy there.

How long have you being practicing for? You do not have to strain your eyes, just relax them and let them be drawn to your third eye. I find that only after 2 years of practice a few times a month (not very often) I am able to activate it at will. Just be patient and consistent with focusing on it a little each day and you will get good results.

Nostic, in order to "fully" open the third eye would one just continue raising energy in that spot until it builds up to a critical point? Is that what you are working on?

Alex
A place for my head

TheAvatar

@Alex:
I started my "3rd Eye-practice" a few days ago, so I think I am expecting too much for the moment. I got time when I am sitting in train or bus to or from work, so I use it for my Third Eye-Training.

Another question: To see the Hypnogogic Imagery, is it sufficient to look at the blackness of my eyelids long enough or do I need to "switch" to my 3rd Eye? When I start to see colors/mist and the like my eyes want to open automatically and if I want to keep them closed, all I see is blackness again.

Thanks for your helpful answers, Alex & Nostic  :)

TheLostOne

Quote from: alexdIn comparison to the other chakras it's surprisingly easy for me to activate my third eye. It is usually active most of the day without me thinking about it.

Apart from the other 2 methods I mentioned the technique using your physical eyes is probably the most effective way to build your awareness of your energy there.

How long have you being practicing for? You do not have to strain your eyes, just relax them and let them be drawn to your third eye. I find that only after 2 years of practice a few times a month (not very often) I am able to activate it at will. Just be patient and consistent with focusing on it a little each day and you will get good results.

Nostic, in order to "fully" open the third eye would one just continue raising energy in that spot until it builds up to a critical point? Is that what you are working on?

Alex

hey!
its easy for me to to feel it too ..
so, do u know why do you feel it?
whats the meaning of feeling?

is it anything to do with psycic abilities?
waiting for reply,
good luck bye

Nostic

Quote from: alexd

Alex

Well, I started from the beginning. Meaning, I worked my way up from the base of my spine. There are times when I do try to raise energy directly to my 3rd eye, but for the most part I've just been working on raising the energy throughout my body, and on clearing the energy blockages along my spine. It seems that I'm at the final critical point (although I could be wrong), and only have to break through my 3rd eye in order to beyond the physical. Most recently, if I focus on that area, I can get a brief sense of what is commonly referred to as the "3d blackness"- that's when the blackness that you normally see when your eyes are closed gains depth, and feels like something that you can actually enter- kind of like a dark room. Everyday I move a [painful] millimeter closer to my goal. I really don't understand why it's so difficult  :), but I am progressing steadily.

alexd

That's interesting. I know what you mean by 3D blackness, I achieve this whenever I meditate. It may be that I have more blockages in other areas that are causing me to have difficulty in raising energy up the spine (in comparison with tapping into the third eye directly). Have you used NEW mostly to clear your blockages?

TheLostOne:

The third eye is typically associated with psychic abilities, although I can't tell you how to use them. The most I've really done is seen one persons aura very clearly by accident and a few other minor paranormal things. I guess if you keep raising energy there you will become more attuned to possible psychic faculties.

TheAvatar:

I would definitely suggest that you practice little by little because eventually it will become easier to practice for longer periods. It is probably also a good idea to develop your secondary chakras before jumping into too much focus on your third eye. I was personally very interested in the third eye about 2 years ago and started working on it straight away without knowing the chakra system well enough to know what I was doing, and now I have problems.

I'm not sure if I'm the best person to provide an answer about "Hypnogogic Imagery" but if you are referring to what I think you are then it may be a matter of meditating with your eyes closed for 20 minutes or so. I'm almost certain that this is attainable without using the third eye directly.

Alex
A place for my head

TheAvatar

Thanks Alex,

I will start a new thread on this topic.

Best regards,
Nils

Nostic

QuoteThat's interesting. I know what you mean by 3D blackness, I achieve this whenever I meditate. It may be that I have more blockages in other areas that are causing me to have difficulty in raising energy up the spine (in comparison with tapping into the third eye directly). Have you used NEW mostly to clear your blockages?

Yes, primarily full body circuits. It's also good to add to and modify techniques a bit so that they suit you better. Trial-and-error and having a creative imagination definitely helps as far as that goes.

kmcoulib

Personally I use two methods that work for me. Usually I get vivid dreams or lucid dreams (rarely though).
1- I put my attention on the third eye not stare at it with my physical eyes, exactly as I would do it for other chakra I cannot see;

2- I look at the dark screen that appears when I close my eyes, no tension, just relax and let it flow, usually some light appears and thing start to happen;

Hope that helps.
But should my voice fade in your ears, and my love vanish in your memory, then I will come again. And with a richer heart and lips more yielding to the spirit will I speak.
Khalil Gibran

Vvid1012

I can usually get mine going no problem by simply giving the brow chakra a good scratch and continue focusing on the sensation.  Also use the "om" mantra.. it help as well.   Just believe the energy is going there and it will... faith is important

poetic_tragedy

"I can usually get mine going no problem by simply giving the brow chakra a good scratch"

Although this statement made me laugh, it acutally worked for me. I did this and like you said... focused on the sensation there and it seemed to do the trick. Nice tip.[/quote]

redcatherine

If the seeker cannot view clairvoyantly
while awake
and tuned into the body
it will be more difficult to see clairvoyantly
during projections

So the seeker must open the third eye by practicing clairvoyance
as in meditation
and in reading  a sitter
or in taking a peek now and then when you have the feeling ...
or by looking inside the body during healing
in all ways and every way use your eye
try to see around a corner
try to see what spirit is with someone while you waited bored to tears
in a queue
learn to switch on your site automatically
so that when you project your eyes will open without thought

Once the eye is opened it does not close
it only gets easier to see and other abilities come in
like clairaudience and voice projection and bl location
so mastery of this skill will lead to much more fun activities later
emotions etc can block the vision of the eye temporarily
sadness , anger and fear block it only too well

To focus on the third eye one could see it as a room
to which you project your consciousness
to sit as a seed of light
behind the golden window of the soul
. ... you see yourself as tiny so very small
and then sit in the space between your physical eyes
and make your vision become binocular
by seeing through both  physical eyes
while looking through the spiritual eye
learn in this way to use your third eye while the physical eyes are open
or closed
it is always easier to see with them closed
the sunlight will dull the vision of images
it is said to  affect the pineal gland this way

If you have never seen through your third eye then try this :
sit in meditation
palms up
eyes closed
take three deep cleansing breaths

1. Bring energy down into the body
feel energy come in to your crown as white warm light
and clean out the cobwebs of the day
nothing is important but the NOW

feel it come deeper then into your lungs
and exhale all negativity

bring white light breath down further to your guts
breathe out all anxieties and tensions
clean it all out and away

breathe the white light down to your toes and see it as
white light pooling at your feet
sit in meditation from here
and see what comes to mind

2. Learn to bring energy up into the body too
you can do this way only
or shock that energy body  into action
by breathing it down into the male storage centre of the gut
and then breathe it up from the soles into the female storage centre
of the third eye chamber
try  breathing the light back up the toes to the red chakra
hold it and then let it go
back up to each chakra hold it and then let it go
as you exhale see the breath come out as the colour of that chakra

Learn to pull the energy into  you
from your crown or from your soles of the feet
it becomes more important later on your path

If you are having a lot of trouble doing this
try sitting with someone that can meditate well already
sharing their energy if they will help you
and you can also share yours
by sending it out of your solar plexus and your hands into the circle
when you are adept at this
to allow some one else to charge up .
If you sit with another that is weaker than you
and you sit alone with them you may feel drained
this won't help either of you
sharing is better
not spoon feeding
a group of 4 or 5 can recycle the energy
through their breathing in and out of the prana in the circle .

If you see only black you are needing a lot of work
there is a predictable continuum

though this is not the same for each seeker
but often the new seeker will see just black
then swirling colours
then only indigo -purple shades
then one image of purple
then one coloured image
then one coloured image with a meaning
then streams of images
this is what you are looking for
to appreciate what is in front of you
when you project

Sitting in meditation 5 minutes a day
until you can handle 15 will do this for you
when you can sit in meditation 30 minutes several times a week
you will be able to hold your images and bring them to recall during projection
BUT
any effort before this is not wasted
you will learn through your energy body
you will feel and sense and know like in a dream .

And it does get better much better
it is like Wizard of Oz when the colours come in
and so much more fun
so keep at it
you will be rewarded for your efforts
Love . Light  and Laughter
Aunt Clair