News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Focusing On Exit Techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob29

I wanted to see if anyone else that has done it.

- I am good at getting myself relaxed but the point I fail to see is what to concentrate on that will keep your mind focused.  Does anyone just focus on exit techniques (ex. rope climbing, anchoring, pretend spinning)?

I would really like to get examples of what people primarily focus on when trying to keep their mind awake and focused.  Also, does anyone roll their eyes to toward the top of the head while focusing?  Does this help anyone at all.

The thing that is frustrating is all these techniques on how to exit but really nothing on what people do to focus or what to concentrate on before reaching the point of exiting.

Thank you!

Phildan1

If you need advice, don't follow sheeple on techniques. Also don't focus on physical stuffs like eyes and body or anything. Keep your awareness and that's all. Like a point of consciousness. Many try to focus on the mental screen, if I would describe it, it is behind the eyes (which are not moving or seeing) and backwards 180 degrees. You will find it with practice if didn't yet. I'm not an expert in this but speaking from own experimentations. I guess many people will get caught up on exits but you can still exit or enter passively. Some people are entering a scene which comes closer and turns into a full 3D world and chances are you don't notice it. I guess there are many ways but your will be yours. This is why following others won't help. Same on that rope technique, somebody shared it as a must and people try to grab ropes lol.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

baro-san

You can focus on wherever you want to project. Imagine already being there, feeling yourself being there, doing whatever you intend to be doing there. Let your physical body fall asleep by forgetting about it.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Rob29

Thank you for the suggestions.

Question Baro-san - If you focus on feeling yourself in a certain place, isn't more likely you would fall into a dream state?   Reason why I'm asking is I have projected before and found myself fully conscious - almost like I am when I am awake.

Problem is - I've been trying to get back to that for awhile w/o any success.  That is why I've been trying to get suggestions as to what to concentrate on in order to keep the mind awake or at least fall into a lucid dream and work from there.

LightBeam

I do a pretend swaying of my bed while falling asleep. This works great for me. Also suggestions like "I am OOB and I remain aware as I fall asleep". But the most important thing is to do these exercises WHILE falling asleep, not during the day when you wont be able to fall asleep or at least drift off. Not before bed when you are still awake, then stopping and when you feel sleepy rolling on your side and fall asleep. This is critical to go to be and prepare for sleep when you are tired but not too sleepy. Otherwise you wont be able to do the technique long enough to take effect. I would say hold for at least 15 minutes either visualization with some type of motion while falling asleep, or just motion but make sure that you can feel that internal movement, or if you do visualization to really feel like you are there. This may not produce immediate results if you haven't done the technique properly. If starting, jive yourself 2, 3 weeks until your awareness adjusts. Once it happens, just keep doing the technique at least a few times a week so you don't lose this adjustment. Very important, give yourself 2, 3 weeks and don't give up, be patient. This is how long it usually takes, so it would be normal not to have OBE immediately.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

baro-san

Quote from: Rob29 on June 19, 2018, 21:50:29
Thank you for the suggestions.

Question Baro-san - If you focus on feeling yourself in a certain place, isn't more likely you would fall into a dream state?   Reason why I'm asking is I have projected before and found myself fully conscious - almost like I am when I am awake.

Problem is - I've been trying to get back to that for awhile w/o any success.  That is why I've been trying to get suggestions as to what to concentrate on in order to keep the mind awake or at least fall into a lucid dream and work from there.

You have to keep a high level of awareness until your body fell asleep. Focusing away from your body, forgetting about it, facilitates that. The rollover, rope, and over imaginary moving techniques work after your physical body already fell asleep. Relaxation aids falling asleep, but keeps you focused on your body, and reduces your level of awareness.

There are many small steps that performed in the right succession can help, like focusing on your frontal lobe and top of your head, with or without pointing your eyes up, stimulates activity in those areas of your brain, so if after a minute of that you just relax top down, without thinking about your body, you detach your mind from your body.

Then, if you focus on something away from your body, either in the present, or in the past, or in the future, an activity that doesn't produce an excitement of your body (e.g. sexual), you keep your awareness, because you're interested in what you're thinking about, and your body falls asleep, unobserved.

This is also the basis of hypnotic regression.

Once your mind detaches from your physical body, you can focus it anywhere in time and space. It doesn't have to be a deep trance.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

SCHMUSTIN

OP,

Please keep in mind, I am by no means an expert on this subject but have had a couple separations and a couple partial separations with all sorts of degrees of non-physical sensations.

So here is my input and I am sure there are people on here that will correct me, if I am incorrect.
All the "techniques" you read about basically push you to focus outside your body and usually involve some type of movement. Such as... hammock (rocking), rope (climbing), etc...

I found, that in the start, I would use these and nothing would happen.  :?
My mind would always wonder and then I was fighting to bring it back to the "rope" to continue climbing.

All these do is get you to focus out of the body and put some sort or feeling of movement. You could use anything you wanted, skateboard, driving, riding a horse, literally almost anything.

What I have had the most success with is using these to start out... Once I am relaxed my mind usually drifts away and now, I take that as sign to move on. At which point I will quickly do a relaxation check and slowly work from my toes to the top of my head and ensure I am total relaxed.

Now, I like the counting method, its easiest and straight forward (and for some reason for me it works to keep the mind aware).
I count backwards from 100. One thing I like is if my mind wanders I can slowly bring it back to a number. So to explain: I start at 100 then 99 then 98 and so on.
If I loose track I just start where ever I want. Say I make it to 76 and then my mind wanders or grabs on to a colorful swirl, object or scene, I may start at 48 or 95 and just keep counting.  I find counting is easier on the mind than having to find a rope and move your arms.... that sort of stuff.

Now the counting method has no movement but for some reason it works for me.

I count backward as it takes a little more effort. At some point I quit counting and just cautiously view what is going on, not paying to much attention to one giving thing. I have found that if I am getting to involved with what is going on i automatically just go back to counting to bring my mind back on track. LOL need to keep it under control.

Moral of my story is don't get to hung up on the techniques... what works for me may not work for you.

Hope this helps... Would appreciate hearing if you had any success.

Best of luck!

floriferous

For me the exit technique is not about getting out of body. It's about confirming I am already out of body.

What I mean by this is that the mind does a great job of replicating the physical body when you first move out of body. Sometimes I find i am already out of body but my non-physical body is lying in bed and i am wondering if I'm ever going to get out of body.

I never use exit techniques anytime before being at the the threshold of an OBE. I think a lot of people start employing them too early. I personally never found they help get me to the threshold. They have only helped me over the threshold once I am there. It sounds like you need to work more on relaxing to get to the threshold first. I think actually using an exit technique to relax more deeply is not great either because there is a pressure associated with them. I am actively pushing myself away from the physical and you are constantly wondering if you have made it yet. For me that's not relaxing. It sounds forceful. But that's just my opinion.

I personally would focus on indirect OBEs and get some experience under your belt before going straight for a direct OBE.  That way you'll know more of what an OBE looks and feels like for you.  Once you know that then you won't be constantly analyzing the process when trying for a direct OBE (which is obviously detrimental to the whole process). Instead you'll just let it unfold.

baro-san

Quote from: floriferous on September 22, 2018, 17:16:53
For me the exit technique is not about getting out of body. It's about confirming I am already out of body. ...

Very good point!
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

Lumaza

I have a whole "arsenal" of techniques. I love to switch it up. It always keeps this practice "fresh". Sometimes one technique just "feels" right, other times not so much.  :-)

Counting up or down is a great technique. The magic number I found was 300, even though I could never reach it. I would find myself well on my way somewhere during the last hundred.

I find you do indeed need to know the time initiate your actual "exit". I see  many people fail because they attempt the exit, before they have even laid the "platform" down. In other words, they jump the gun.

There are many techniques that help you "prime the pump". If you focused deep enough, you normally don't even need a actual OBE technique, simply because you are already there. The real show begins once the "darkness" before your eyes changes.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Windwalker.

Ive been having great results with my latest technique. I created a ramp timer recording on my iphone. I have one "cooking timer" beep set to go off at :45 minutes then 1 hour then 1:15 etc in 15 minute imcrements after the initial :45 minute first beep-set at half volume speaker mode. Before the first beep at 45 minutes i dont focus on anything and simply hover as close to sleep as possible. If i notice i have hovered for a half hour without falling asleep then i set the beep timer back to zero so i have another 45 minutes to hover before it will begin its 15 minutes increment schedule. The point being if i actually fall asleep before the initial 45 minute beep, when it does beep it will awaken me enough to continue hovering or actually awaken me into energy sensations for an obe. Im noticing the more i practice hovering at the sleep/wake line the more my mind is being conditioned to hover on its own. Its worked great for the past two weeks but will soon falter in which i will use a different technique.

Lumaza

Quote from: Windwalker. on September 26, 2018, 23:23:13
Im noticing the more i practice hovering at the sleep/wake line the more my mind is being conditioned to hover on its own. Its worked great for the past two weeks but will soon falter in which i will use a different technique.
You are doing a great job and are learning a very valuable NP skill and that's "mental discipline".

Once it begins to falter, you will be challenged to learn the next valuable skill. Keep aware and it will reveal itself. The more you show you are "willing" to learn and do what's necessary to "evolve", the more you will continue to be "taught" to.  :-) 8-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Windwalker.

Quote from: Lumaza on September 27, 2018, 08:13:57
You are doing a great job and are learning a very valuable NP skill and that's "mental discipline".

Once it begins to falter, you will be challenged to learn the next valuable skill. Keep aware and it will reveal itself. The more you show you are "willing" to learn and do what's necessary to "evolve", the more you will continue to be "taught" to.  :-) 8-)

Thanks Lumaza!
I have been having incredible np experiences without actually going ob with this new timer i created. I set the first beep to alert me after an hour then in 15 minute intervals. Ive been practicing hovering for a year now where I either fall asleep or have an experience. But now, even after ive lost interest in the hover my mind seems to be conditioned where it takes over the hovering-unconsciously on its own-for me. Even though im not as fully conscious during the mind take over i am also not fully asleep. Sometime i stay in that state for a couple hours where either energy sensations occur then A
an obe  or i simply lay there with other np experiences happening without full on vibrations. Although if i am able to maintain the state for a couple hours there seems to be a wavy electro type energy that arent full on vibrations. Ive had a few experiences this way that are just as valuable as an obe as far as consciousness exploration goes. Another thing i get is in my jaw while i am full awake. Have you ever heard of that? When we yawn there is a "roar"noise that corresponds with our yawn....right? That roar you hear in your inner ear when you yawn. I get a roar very similar to that when i simply slightly move my jaw left to right even if only i move it one cm i will get a roar type sound. When that happens vibrations occur every nite without fail. Its like that roar sound has something to do with the electro energy, yet i experience the roar while wide awake through out my day. Do you experience that? I also have a couple of other "markers" that are very difficult to explain that i wont get into right now. I was curious if youve ever experienced that energy roar you recieve when simply slightly moving your jaw thru out the day. Ok. Latr!

Lumaza

Quote from: Windwalker. on September 30, 2018, 23:48:12
Thanks Lumaza!
I have been having incredible np experiences without actually going ob with this new timer i created. I set the first beep to alert me after an hour then in 15 minute intervals. Ive been practicing hovering for a year now where I either fall asleep or have an experience. But now, even after ive lost interest in the hover my mind seems to be conditioned where it takes over the hovering-unconsciously on its own-for me. Even though im not as fully conscious during the mind take over i am also not fully asleep. Sometime i stay in that state for a couple hours where either energy sensations occur then A
an obe  or i simply lay there with other np experiences happening without full on vibrations. Although if i am able to maintain the state for a couple hours there seems to be a wavy electro type energy that arent full on vibrations. Ive had a few experiences this way that are just as valuable as an obe as far as consciousness exploration goes. Another thing i get is in my jaw while i am full awake. Have you ever heard of that? When we yawn there is a "roar"noise that corresponds with our yawn....right? That roar you hear in your inner ear when you yawn. I get a roar very similar to that when i simply slightly move my jaw left to right even if only i move it one cm i will get a roar type sound. When that happens vibrations occur every nite without fail. Its like that roar sound has something to do with the electro energy, yet i experience the roar while wide awake through out my day. Do you experience that? I also have a couple of other "markers" that are very difficult to explain that i wont get into right now. I was curious if youve ever experienced that energy roar you recieve when simply slightly moving your jaw thru out the day. Ok. Latr!
Kudos, for coming up with a "formula" that works for yourself!  :-) :lol:

My chosen time to experience is while I am completely conscious in the daytime. When I first started down this path, I targeted my nights and strived to keep aware as fell asleep. That caused many interruptions in my natural sleep pattern and after awhile got to be a bit too much. When I go to sleep, I like to sleep. There would be many nights where I would be exhausted and just want to sleep, but then find myself unable to for sometimes hours on end. I would have experiences, but the next day, I would be exhausted. So, I changed my schedule to a daytime program, hence my afternoon Phase/soak sessions.

I still have LDs almost nightly. I still use my affirmations before I "click out" to sleep and once in awhile, I still get the spontaneous OBEs.

Your description of the "Astral Winds" is spot on. I have tried to describe that sound to people, but could never find the right words. Thank you for that. You are right, it does sound just like that weird "white noise" while you are yawning. I don't perceive the sound as a "roar" though. At least it doesn't start that way. That brings up some questions though. I never knew that we could actually mimic that sound, almost to "T". The Astral winds seem to come in various degrees though, just as the vibrations do. Normally I will become ultra aware first, then, I will feel a light buzzing, like one feels when an arm or leg is going to sleep. It's not really pins and needles though. There is no pain. All there is a vibration that feels like it is about skin level. Sometimes it begins in the head. Sometimes in the feet. Then I will become aware of a very faint sound, which in the past, I only compare to as a gentle wind or breeze. Both the vibration and sound would get louder and stronger, until they both merged together like a "constant". There everything would halt. There would be no vibrations or sound. The next thing I knew, I was being elevated.

I have attempted to see during this. I wear a Sleep Mask that blocks out all light. I started to wear this mask at night because I had countless times in past experiences wherein I felt like my physical eyes were opening. I would also see things like my room and home in general from "Tunnel vision" or some kind of weird shapes and strange lights. I had to make sure that what I was experiencing was occurring with my eyes shut. The Sleep Mask confirmed that I was.

I have had this happen so many times in the past 6 years now that I  have made a practice of it to slow the process down as much as I could, so I could experience every little bit of it. I even aborted in the middle of an experience just to see what would happen either next or to write something important down in my Journal beside my bed. By slowing this natural process down, I got to understand a more about it. I got to know the "markers" as you call them quite well.

I very rarely experience vibrations or any kind of sounds while Phasing though. That approach seems to come at this whole practice from a different way. While Phasing, I can maintain a "dual" awareness.

One of our members from the past, also a friend of mine wrote a Sticky on a "prenap" technique that lead to the person doing it awaking in some level of Sleep Paralysis. I used this early in my practice. But I found that it couldn't be used every night repeatedly, simply because your system would get used to the pattern and it didn't work any more.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/fantastic_obe_technique_bedeekins_method-t31819.0.html

From using a special Light/Sound Machine and the constant use of Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones, I entrained my brain to hold these various levels of frequency. I find that long term usage really does create a kind of "neural pathway.
I used one Light/sound machine called the Laxman for about 3 years and I really enjoyed it. The problem  was, when the program ended, the mental stimulation did as well. After awhile I used it more as "booster" to get me to where my conscious needed to be.

All that ended though when I got a gift of newer machine that had some kind of problem with it's programming. That led to a extremely bright flash that cause irreparable damage to my optic nerve. The problem was, The damage was caused while my eyes were shut, which means that the Eye Specialist could not locate it. This also led to Trigeminal Neuralgia in the nerves on the left side of my face. But, since everything has a reason, this too had a "silver lining". It taught me what the Tibetan's call Dream Yoga. So, it's not all bad!

Windwalker.

I am just beginning to read about dream yoga Lumaza. I dloaded "dream yoga" by Holicek. What is the best book on dream yoga you can recommend?  On another note, i recently had major dental work and have noticed my obes exponentially fade. Bummer. I hope it is only a lull vs. full time. Have you ever heard of dental work interfering with the np? Im convinced the np has an "inner ear" aspect to it so maybe the metals in tooth caps also help or hinder. Thanks man!

Lumaza

Quote from: Windwalker. on December 13, 2018, 17:06:50
I am just beginning to read about dream yoga Lumaza. I dloaded "dream yoga" by Holicek. What is the best book on dream yoga you can recommend?  On another note, i recently had major dental work and have noticed my obes exponentially fade. Bummer. I hope it is only a lull vs. full time. Have you ever heard of dental work interfering with the np? Im convinced the np has an "inner ear" aspect to it so maybe the metals in tooth caps also help or hinder. Thanks man!
Truthfully, I didn't know that what I was experiencing was known as Tibetan Dream Yoga until after the fact. I heard Robert Moss talking about it in one of his videos and realized that that was exactly what I was experiencing. You can do a search on his name in the Forum search window above. In the past, under my previous name "Lionheart", I made a thread based on his teachings, with links to youtube videos of his as well.

I just did a google search on the title Tibetan Dream Yoga and it came up with a kinds of good info. Some of the info was in the form of free PDF's as well. Take a look here: http://www.bing.com/search?q=tibetan%20dream%20yoga%20pdf&PQ=Tibetan%20Dream%20yoga&SP=3&QS=AS&SK=AS2&sc=6-22&form=BB07SS&pc=BB07

I know the Dental industry has some pills that they give people with anxiety to completely wipe out any memory of their Dental experience. So, possibly that has some kind of effect. I doubt it's long lasting though.

Keep on keeping on!  :-)