News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Food and Projecting

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystiquemushroom

Does what you eat and how much you eat affect your ability to project? If so what to eat/not eat/how much etc?

roman67

Food doesn't affects your ability to project but caffeine, alcohol and cigarette affects in projecting.

Astralsuzy

If you eat too much food and you are feeling uncomfortable, it mostly likely be a lot harder to ap.  If I feel I am getting a stomach ache or if I am feeling full, I will not try to ap.   I do not smoke or drink alcohol so I am not able to comment if it would make ap harder.   I drink tea, coffee and hot chocolate every day.  I hope that would not make ap harder.  I could be wrong but I do not think it would.  I do not drink excessive amounts of drinks.

Szaxx

If you're sensitive in the foods you eat the discomfort or reactions can affect you. These effects you'd alredy know of as sleep problems will be known to you already.
Supplements that are known to directly affect you are not included.
I find no problem with coffee or smoking either and never have.
Excess caffeine messes with your heart rhythm and should be avoided anytime.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Szaxx

?

Astralsuzy

I am glad you do not have a problem with drinking coffee Szaxx.  I drink two small cups of weak coffee everyday.  I like my coffee and I would not like to give it up.  I also have a hot chocolate milk drink every day but not on hot days.  When the weather is hot I drink a banana milkshake instead.   

Szaxx

Mystiquemushroom

Thanks for all the replies, I wont worry about it too much then ; )

Little Bibble

Personally I find it affects me quite a lot. When I fast for a few days I get visuals as soon as I close my eyes at night. Very interesting but not a long term solution. Tom Campbell talks about how certain foods lower our vibrations (things like red meats).

Xanth

Nothing you can "consume" will lower your vibrations. 
Only the choices you make in your day-to-day interactions with others will do that.  That means giving into Fear.
Any choice based upon Love will always be the right choice in regards to spiritual growth.

As for Projecting...
Basically, anything that will keep you from sleeping normally will cause a problem with Projecting.  There's really not much more to it.

Being too full...
Being too hungry...
Being too thirsty...
Having too much stress...

These are all factors which can effect your sleep and your ability to project.

Mystiquemushroom

Thank you for all the replies Xanth, very helpful ; )

purpleTiger

Yeah, i don't think it affects you, i don't drink much coffee, but i do smoke and it didn't make a difference to my AP

Little Bibble

Cmon, it must have an effect. After all isn't fasting considered a valid OBE technique? Eating supposedly grounds you more in the physical. A lack of food weakens the veil as they say.

Szaxx

An experiment.
Foods were mostly removed so ate little. Sugar intake through the roof I had around 1/2 lb of the stuff and with that around 3 pints of average coffee sweetened heavily.
As the body absorbs liquids and sugars readily I spread this throughout the day. I had a few hours of sleep the prior night.
This concoction should have rendered my chances near zero.
It had no detrimental effect at all. I had a somewhat lucid dream where a 007 type of chase for a USB stick.....I being Bond. This ended in the Bond way with a beutiful female. Such dreams are rare in female detail  :wink: one in two years on average.
The food myth is busted.
Sugar feeds the brain and being fully hydrated keeps you wide awake.

The experiment may be done again, I enjoyed the magic.  :evil:

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Little Bibble on June 24, 2013, 04:40:48
Cmon, it must have an effect. After all isn't fasting considered a valid OBE technique? Eating supposedly grounds you more in the physical. A lack of food weakens the veil as they say.
Years ago I spoke to someone about this.  He said he fasted and it did not work.  He then did not drink water and that did not work as well.  I think it is not good to be hungry or thirsty.  If you are comfortable you have a higher chance to ap.  That is my opinion.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Szaxx on June 24, 2013, 07:51:20
An experiment.
Foods were mostly removed so ate little. Sugar intake through the roof I had around 1/2 lb of the stuff and with that around 3 pints of average coffee sweetened heavily.
As the body absorbs liquids and sugars readily I spread this throughout the day. I had a few hours of sleep the prior night.
This concoction should have rendered my chances near zero.
It had no detrimental effect at all. I had a somewhat lucid dream where a 007 type of chase for a USB stick.....I being Bond. This ended in the Bond way with a beutiful female. Such dreams are rare in female detail  :wink: one in two years on average.
The food myth is busted.
Sugar feeds the brain and being fully hydrated keeps you wide awake.

The experiment may be done again, I enjoyed the magic.  :evil:
Thanks for letting us know.  I hope this will put peoples mind at rest.

Xanth

Quote from: Little Bibble on June 24, 2013, 07:16:29
As a moderator I really don't think you should be stating things so matter of factly. Nobody really knows for sure. Contradicting me with your opinion is fine but to state something as fact on a consciousness forum is not right. Everyones path is their own and unique.
I just want to make something clear.  I'm stating my opinion, not a fact.  If the reader takes what I say as fact, that is not only their choice... it's their loss.  Completely.
And if someone doesn't (or can't) understand why that is their loss, that's just something I can't teach.

*NEVER* take anything you read anywhere as fact.

Back to my post...
What I speak of I speak about from direct experience.  Don't believe me... don't disbelieve me either.  Test it out for yourself. 
Try to project or meditate after various episodes of eating, see how it effects you.

But what my experience has shown me is that, quite literally, nothing you consume will lower your vibrations.  Only your attitude and choices can do that.
If that contradicts something you've said, and that upsets you... I highly suggest you ask yourself why you're becoming upset at something like this.  I question myself like this quite often and I'm usually extremely surprised by what I find.  A hint:  most of the time, the answer has nothing to do with that person said, but the presumption of my own beliefs.

Astralsuzy

I agree with you Xanth, it is your opinion.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Little Bibble

Quote from: Xanth on June 24, 2013, 21:37:56
I just want to make something clear.  I'm stating my opinion, not a fact.  If the reader takes what I say as fact, that is not only their choice... it's their loss.  

I appreciate your sentiment but perhaps what you should make more clear is your sentences. When you write...

"Nothing you can "consume" will lower your vibrations.  Only the choices you make in your day-to-day interactions with others will do that."

...That does not sound like opinion. Perhaps if you add in, 'I think' or 'I believe'. Lets face it the way you phrased it sounds a trifle arrogant and all knowing. I'm sure it's not how you meant it but then may be that's something you need to address.

The only reason I'm harping on about it is because people look up to you as a mod and respect your comments so you should be more careful with wording them

Little Bibble

Quote from: Astralsuzy on June 25, 2013, 05:03:44
I agree with you Xanth, it is your opinion.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  

Yeah I agree as well but that's not my point is it. My point is his sentences are not clear whether he is offering opinion or purporting fact. No where in my statement do I say he is not entitled to an opinion do I? In fact, i write its fine him contradicting me with his opinion.

But I assume judging by your response you only read Xanths above response and none of mine. Case in point - Xanth, this is what I'm talking about. People take what mods say as gospel and disregard a lot of the rest. That is why it is important for you to be more clear on what you write.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Little Bibble on June 25, 2013, 05:09:59
Yeah I agree as well but that's not my point is it. My point is his sentences are not clear whether he is offering opinion or purporting fact. No where in my statement do I say he is not entitled to an opinion do I?
OK I suppose he should have been clearer.  I am sure Xanth meant well and was trying to do his best.  We are not perfect.  Everyone makes mistakes.

Little Bibble

Quote from: Astralsuzy on June 25, 2013, 05:40:41
I am sure Xanth meant well and was trying to do his best. 

I fully agree with you.

Astralsuzy

I have been thinking.  This whole forum cannot be proven.  There are no facts.  It is peoples opinions and ideas.  As this forum cannot be proven, I do not think Xanth should have to say this is my opinion.  On this forum, everything we say is our opinion so it should not be any different for Xanth.

Little Bibble

Interesting and I think I agree but (not wanting to be rude) ultimately irrelevant because the very fact that I misinterpreted Xanth means that the same could happen again to someone else. Someone who comes onto the forum afresh could quite easily misunderstand such comments.

Factually speaking I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Little Bibble

Let me just explain why I'm making a big deal of it - as we all know belief plays a big part of consciousness explorations. If we read something, even something misinterpreted, then you're affecting your explorations. I remember when I first started out I was on a forum where a thread talked about being careful of the dweller when you get out because it WILL be there. Sure enough it was for me. Then I read stuff that said if was simply a belief issue. Never saw the dweller again.

Simple misinformation hindered my early projection attempts. That's why transparency is important. Well to me anyway.

So if I said the only way to go OBE is through fasting is it transparent that it is just my opinion? Could people coming onto the forum deduce that was only my opinion or would a load of people start fasting because they took it as gospel? (that is assuming I had any respectability on this forum- which evidently I don't or if I did it is ever diminishing with my rant).