News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Found a nice tool

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Frank,

I haven't used this type of machine before,..... measuring skin .....hhmmm.....   I have an interesting theory on how the Thoughtstream measures thoughts to the skin ,but I don't  want to be totally off the markerhttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> .     Did you receive info on how it measures this with the machine?

Tracy

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Sounds most interesting!

Have you a link you could share with us?

I see the value as providing a relaxation "benchmark" to compare progress. Relaxation is a subjective thing, and this device sounds as if it would provided a very accurate benchmark by which to tangibly measure results.

If you ever happen across an "instant total relaxation machine" be sure and let us all know  Maybe there is a BWGEN pre-set?

Hmmm.. now there is a thought - hooking up to that device while absorbing some BWGEN would be most interesting.

That pre-set "Deep Mind IV" keeps coming up time and again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Jacara

re: Galvanic skin response...

I remember seeing a TV program on ghosts/etc, where this one woman had all kinds of weird things happen in her house (mostly poltergeists, but stranger things too), and they found that 1) Her house was on a leyline [see the "voices and wetness thread"];  2) Her brain was capable of going into deeply-relaxed mode very quickly (they had her hooked up to an EEG), and when she did her Galvanic Skin Response measured zero.

I didn't realize the two were more-or-less interchangable, they just mentioned the two factors so I thought it was a coincidence.
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

astralmaster

David

Frank

The phenomenon known as Galvanic Skin Response is nothing new.  It has been known for maybe a hundred years. For people who want to know more here is a typical link: http://www.trans4mind.com/psychotechnics/gsr.html

As I say, it is quite amazing how this phenomenon can be used to great effect in projection exercises. I just wish I'd known about it earlier. I've only had it a few days and it's paid for itself already.

Using this now makes me think of how much easier learning how to achieve the necessary mind-state must be with a full-blown EEG machine... anyone got 2 or 3 thousand USD lying around they want to donate to a worthy cause. :)

Yours,
Frank

social

On a side note, galvanic skin response is also used to "photograph" auras. Not that its really takes a pic of an aura tho.

alpha

If it really works that well,I may have to subtract a few things from my xmas list to get it.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-------------------------------
"your divine awareness awakens all the love in your being.Hating and  fearing forsaken,gone are the guilt and the blame.Your soul forgives,your divinity lives"
-------------------------------

TheJza

Frank:
You might be intersted in a book called "The Awakened Mind" by C. Maxwell Cade. He basically came up with an EEG machine called the Mind Mirror that showed the level of beta theta and delta in an easy to read display. He noticed that experienced Zen meditators, Buddhists, Yogis, and even priests in deep prayer all showed a similar EEG pattern, which he dubbed the Awakened Mind pattern. His successor is Anna Wise and it seems that she has made things a bit more New Agey than Cade (she has written 2 books).
Anyways, in Cade's book he talks about GSR meters and he used them in his initial studies before he had his Mind Mirror machine made. The book is a very interesting read (I think he was based in the U.K.) and it gave me an idea.
In his early studies when he was using the GSR meters, he also made a device where you push down a button. When the button wasn't pushed down, it made a beep sound. He told people to keep the button held down and then gave them guided relaxation techniques or let them lsietn to classical music. When they became deeply relaxed they drifted off into sleep and let go ofthe button, which woke them back up. This basically kept them on the borderline between being awake and sleeping and kept them in a pretty solid hypnagogic state. I am in the process of building this device (I think I got the parts for less than $10), I think this tool along with an GSR will be helpful for our phasing goals.

Adrian

Greetings TheJza!

That is most interesting!

And yes, there is no doubt that "treading" the borderline between awake and sleep is where one needs to be for phasing.

I am inclined to think though that using sleep as the catalyst might lack control somehwat - i.e. - there is a good chance of actually going to sleep. Hving said that, Monroe taught that method himself in his OBE days before moving on to phasing, so it must work.

The holy grail is to hit "focus 12" by ones own efforts - i.e. a full trance. These things are progressive however, and once acquired should be indefinite.

Please keep us all informed!

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Tracy

I ran across this info about skin monitoring and thought it was interesting.

The Cognitive Sciences Lab  (who were the center for the Stargate program) uses  skin monitoring equipment and earphones to  monitor your skin properties to prove physiological evidence of  precognition.   They  use 10 very loud bursts of white noise and data from the skin response  to show that the nervous system can correctly anticipate the bursts of sound before the system has decided whether to present the sound.

Hense,  physiological evidence of precognition—peeking slightly into the future.

Really interesting research.  I was slightly disappointed that they didn't supply more data on the subject.   Here's the web page:

http://www.lfr.org/index.shtml

cainam_nazier

The only fun I have been able to have with such a device was with a heart monitor the last time I went through the emergency room.  I managed to drop my heart rate down to below fifty, which is when it got funny.  I was at work so I know the people there.  
 But I was sitting up in the bed, fully awake, and alert.  As in my eyes were open, this being had they been shut when I did this there could have been other problems with the staff.  But I just sat there and thought mellow thoughts and tried to relax.  The monitor was in view and I noticed that the more relaxed I was the slower the heart rate.  So I went full tilt.  I managed to keep the lower heart rate long enough for the monitor to go into alarm.  The funny thing being that as soon as that happened about 4 or 5 heads would pop up from behind the nurses station to see what was going on.  And there I would be sitting in the bed, apparently looking normal.  I was able to do it about 5 different times in the 2 hours I was in there.  It was fun.  But I was unable to take full use of the machine I was hooked up to.  
  It's kinda funny to be sitting there twiddling my thumbs while the heart monitor was saying I was going into heart failure.  I know they weren't sure what to think of it because most people don't whistle while having a heart attack.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.
http://www.prepaidliving.com/vip/David127385

Frank

Anyone come across a device called: Thoughtstream?

I've been mulling over the question recently of feedback. Problem is (especially with newcomers) is it is difficult to recognise whether the relaxation technique used is actually doing its job.  And even if it is, the question arises could there not be a slight change in the technique that might make the process quicker.

So I looked around the Internet doing a search on EEG machines.

Technology has come a long way since the first machines came about, so I thought I might be able to find something digital at a reasonable price. However, it seems there is nothing to be had (worth having), in my price range, as they all seemed to be geared towards use in a clinical/hospital environment. So the prices are sky-high.

But I came across an advert for this Thoughtstream thingy, and I must say I rather thought it was going to be one of those things I toy with for about 10 minutes, before junking it.  But it really is useful.

The box measures the resistance of your skin (Galvanic skin response) which is proportional to the amount you are relaxed or stressed. What I find amazing is the sensitivity, and the instant difference thoughts make to the resistance of your skin.

I have also tried fooling it by relaxing, remaining still, but then thinking thoughts such as riding my motorcycle. But the thought pattern has a virtually instant effect. Same with breathing. I'll breath slow and rythmically and the unit will gradually indicate a progressively more relaxed state, then I'll try and fool it by subtly changing the pattern: which almost right away registers on the scale as steadily increasing tension.

The unit has a sensitivity adjustement and I managed to get it down to level "3" so far. But it gets much harder the lower you go in the setting.

This afternoon, for example, I was just sitting at my desk having a play and got it down to the low three's for the first time. I'd got my mind ever so still, and then some, but it wouldn't budge down another notch. Then I began to see swirling all around which jolted me out of it. I thought, hang on a minute, I recognise that swirling from my projection exercises... but from lying in bed early morning, not sitting at my desk mid afternoon!

Anyone else had any experiences with this they can share?

Yours,
Frank