Proprioception's role in dissociation

Previous topic - Next topic

madmagus

Proprioception and stillness. 

Stillness of body is a presumed concept in many descriptions of OBE/Phasing/Meditation techniques, but it almost always comes across as an afterthought.  But I believe it should take a position of high priority for anyone looking to Phase or simply meditate. 

The body never truly relaxes entirely until we achieve dissociation from it.  We can not achieve full dissociation until our proprioception is lost.  The only way to disconnect from our proprioception is through absolute stillness.  When we are absolutely still, proprioceptors stop firing, and we lose connection to our body.  We can no longer place the location of our arms or legs, etc., because their is no feedback.  Only absolute stillness allows this.  Once we achieve absolute stillness, only then can we truly dissociate from our physicality and enter the NP.

This happens over time automatically, if we allow ourselves to relax enough and in the right way.  However, through focused attention on our stillness, we can greatly speed up our decent into the NP.  As part of any exercise you use for OBE/Phasing/Meditation, cultivate absolute stillness from the very beginning, and you will achieve the necessary dissociation far more quickly, which means you will achieve entry to NP far more readily.

As stated, most people know this idea indirectly, but almost no one emphasizes its necessity.  Thought I'd share my observation.