News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Franks Post 2028

Previous topic - Next topic

Slider

Hey - I'm a beginner and reading through Franks's posts.

Post # 2028 has raised some concern for me.  I really don't want to go mental with this kind of stuff....

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, can someone comment on exerpt below?

------------------------------------------

All it takes is practice, practice and yet more practice. Also, the moment things get sticky I found it is far, far better to come back to Physical and start again rather than try and sweat it out.

Because it normally takes beginners ages to project each time, the tendency is to try and hang on to the projection for as long as possible. But I found that the main aspect of projection, which makes it all get progessively easier, has nothing to do with the actual length of projection but is all to do with the frequency. As such, it is far more beneficial, longer term, to have (say) three short, controlled projections per day rather than one long one.

Also, doing this cuts down on the number of scary circumstances you create for yourself. Each one of these leaves a strong imprint in your mind. However, normally these should be wholly outweighed by all the positive experiences you should be having. Please be aware that serious mental problems can arise when the opposite is the case (as is often clearly demonstrated on the PSD forum, for instance).

CFTraveler

Quote from: Slider on December 11, 2010, 22:03:35
Hey - I'm a beginner and reading through Franks's posts.

Post # 2028 has raised some concern for me.  I really don't want to go mental with this kind of stuff....

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, can someone comment on exerpt below?

------------------------------------------

Exactly what part of it worries you?
Remember that the astral is an energetic  environment that instantly responds to your thoughts, so it is fairly easy to project scary stuff into your experience, from your fears.
So what he is saying is that if you keep your first projections short, you will get used to being 'out' without giving yourself time to create anything that scares you.  So that when you get more experienced and start giving yourself training to expand your horizons, you have also lost the "gee whiz"ness that you had starting out, and can deal with them successfully, instead of them defining the experience for you.

I personally don't think that this is a big concern, because first projections are usually short- the first time projector usually becomes excited or fearful at the experience of floating around the room, or experiencing exit sensations, and breaks trance early.  So even though it is good advice, it may be unnecessary in most cases.
--------------

Naykid

QuotePlease be aware that serious mental problems can arise when the opposite is the case (as is often clearly demonstrated on the PSD forum, for instance).

I'm going to guess this was what concerned him.  The PSD, (psychic self defense) section no longer exist.  Least I don't think it does.. I probable should have looked first.  :-P 

I don't think serious mental problems is caused by projecting.. I think someone has to already be pretty mental to begin with.

Slider

Quote from: Slider on December 11, 2010, 22:03:35
Please be aware that serious mental problems can arise when the opposite is the case (as is often clearly demonstrated on the PSD forum, for instance).

Sorry - I should have been more specific but NayKid was correct.  It was Frank's warning that serious mental problems could arise if the number of scary projections outnumber the positive/fun ones....kind of makes me leery of continuing.

But - I can see where keeping your projections short and slowly increasing your projection time can be beneficial.

I have yet to project so this is all speculation on my part.  Years ago when I was into getting to a state of mind/awake body asleep I recall several experiences of seeing what Frank called stray energy, rising consciousness and then brief detailed glimpses of what I'm assuming now where the Astral.  When I got to that point I believe my eyes tried to look to see what it was and each time brought me back.  Anyway, I'm sure I was close at the time.  I also stopped trying around this time for reasons that I mentioned in earlier posts.

Should I invest in the Wave I CD that Frank talked about in his posts?  Note I'm about 1/4 through all of his posts at the moment.

Thanks

Pauli2

Quote from: Slider on December 12, 2010, 11:49:09
Should I invest in the Wave I CD that Frank talked about in his posts?  Note I'm about 1/4 through all of his posts at the moment.

You tell us.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Slider

Quote from: Pauli2 on December 12, 2010, 12:02:56
You tell us.

??? How am I supposed to know, I have no experience with Monroe CDs nor a complete projection as of yet. 

I was hoping someone who had experience with them would let me their thoughts.

Naykid

I think it's personal preference.  I've never used them plus I can't see myself spending that kind of money on it.  But I've read of people really liking them.

Pauli2

Quote from: Slider on December 12, 2010, 15:44:27
??? How am I supposed to know, I have no experience with Monroe CDs nor a complete projection as of yet. 

I was hoping someone who had experience with them would let me their thoughts.

Ok, my very weak thought on the matter. With Hemi-sync you seem to easier get into some kind of Focus 10 mode, but it may not help you project. I'm just guessing now, I assume that if you listen to Hemi-Sync of different kinds for some years (yes, probably years, perhaps weeks), it will give you spontaneous OBE, just as Monroe, but I'm just guessing.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

moondreamer

"Please be aware that serious mental problems can arise when the opposite is the case (as is often clearly demonstrated on the PSD forum, for instance)"

I can personally attest to this.  Many years ago, when I was already depressed, before I even new what OBE or AP was, I would have daily experiences of feelings like I was leaving my body and then felt like I was in a world of evil scary beings/demons.  It really felt like something was out to get me.  I did not know how to control the experience (and I didn't know that was even possible at the time).  It seriously affected me to the point where I (and some others around me) thought I was "losing my mind."  It took me a long time to gain enough understanding and trust myself to go back 'there.'  Now, I can't stay away, lol, but I think think short journeys in the beginning are probably a good way to go for many.
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

Xanth

Personally speaking, I don't know where Frank was going with that.
Unless you have an unstable mental state to begin with... astral projection isn't harmful.

But if you do have an unstable mental state... you *could* be just screwing yourself up even more by projecting.
What I mean is that you're going to then experience the very manifestations of those "unstable mental activities" in full 3D Technicolour glory.

moondreamer

Quote from: Xanth on December 12, 2010, 18:41:51
Personally speaking, I don't know where Frank was going with that.
Unless you have an unstable mental state to begin with... astral projection isn't harmful.

But if you do have an unstable mental state... you *could* be just screwing yourself up even more by projecting.
What I mean is that you're going to then experience the very manifestations of those "unstable mental activities" in full 3D Technicolour glory.

Yep...that pretty much describes what happened with me back then (having a starting point of being depressed).  I know now never to try to project if I even feel a teeny bit off.
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

Xanth

Quote from: moondreamer on December 12, 2010, 18:44:53
Yep...that pretty much describes what happened with me back then (having a starting point of being depressed).  I know now never to try to project if I even feel a teeny bit off.
Exactly.
Your experiences are going to be a DIRECT reflection of your current mental state.  :)

Slider

Thanks all!

I'll keep that in mind - short projections to start with and don't project in a down or depressing mood.

Now that I have that settled.....I just need to learn how to project!   :|

Also, I believe I'm fairly stable mentally speaking, no anti depressants or anything like that.  But I can live a hectic life sometimes (work in IT).

-------------------

On a different note - I do listen to and read a bunch of conspiracy stuff, NWO, etc.  I wonder if this will have an impact when I do project.  I've been trying not to listen or read these sites as much lately.