Free Holosync® alternative available for download

Previous topic - Next topic

izzy-in

Seeing how you have a faster connection, wanna encode it in 96kbs rate .wma and see if you could upload it for us slow peeps?

would be great !!
----------------------------------------------------------------
that would turn 82.4meg file to a 605meg file - what an increase in download time! I have only 55meg of web space or would put it there for you. try the local library/college - faster connection?
friend ? someone to post it to you? (zip disk, usb drive?)

elektralsole

quote:
Originally posted by izzy-in

Seeing how you have a faster connection, wanna encode it in 96kbs rate .wma and see if you could upload it for us slow peeps?

would be great !!
----------------------------------------------------------------
that would turn 82.4meg file to a 605meg file - what an increase in download time! I have only 55meg of web space or would put it there for you. try the local library/college - faster connection?
friend ? someone to post it to you? (zip disk, usb drive?)

Actually .WMA is Windows Media Audio file not WAV !!  The WMA format will make it half the size when encoded at 96kb bitrate.  About 41MB would be the result size.  (I think you were thinking of a .wav file which would be super huge!)

And no, all my friends unfortunately have slow bandwidth too and i don't have access to library.

izzy-in

sorry your right
elektralsole

always getting those 2 mixed-up. i 2 am on dial-up

local college ?
tried an internet cafe ?

elektralsole

To izzy-in: thank you for your suggestions, and I will try to find some way to get the file.  I just thought it would be nice for other low-bandwidth users like me who may have a difficult time getting it;  to have a file half the size here in one location to download.

Maybe some high-bandwidth people would also like to have the option to download the half-size file for sampling purposes.

I wish I had a faster connection, I would do the conversion encoding and upload it myself to my own space and provide a link to it, provided it would be ok with the admins and creator of the file.  
But just a dream i guess... lol

-Peace-

Leviiathan

Experience with sound mediums has created a skeptic out of me. We'll see where this goes. One more thing: I want to say thank you all our ongoing contributors.

elektralsole

Well I finally decided to just go ahead and try to download it lol.  I used a program called fresh download which supports resuming of files and let it download overnight. It took a total of about 4 1/2 hours.  

If anyone else is stuck on dialup and would like to have it, let me know, I would be willing to help out.  You can send me a blank cd along with a large enough self addressed stamped envelope (make sure there is enough to cover postage) and I will burn it on a disk for you.

[;)]

naivous

hi,
I downloaded and tried the binaural abyss track and am quite impressed: i liked the blizzard feeling it has although I thought the track is quite strong compared to what I've been listening to... I've been on the "zillion-level gazzilion dollar" Holosync program for just over a year and reaching the end of their Awakening Level 1. Although I'm quite happy with it I'm not so happy with the amount of cash they expect you to part with for each level and am definitely not impressed with their marketing strategies so I've been searching for an alternative for a while. Can anyone give me an informed opinion on the tracks produced by the Center for Neuroacoustic Research? Also I would like to try and produce some tracks myself, can anyone point me to some useful online literature on the subject? alt0xFF states he spent quite some time working on BWGen and analyzing tracks to finally produce The binaural abyss track, i wonder if he'd share some insights of a more technical nature? [:)]
great work anyway, thanx for posting it for us all.

Yafey

Thank you for sharing it with us!!!
This techology works great on me [:D][:D][:D]

greatoutdoors

I have a question for someone. When I put BWGen into Google I get a boatload of hits, including one shareware site at http://www.bwgen.com/fact_or_fiction.htm. This site says it has a program you can download and try free for a month, then if you want to buy it, it's only $40.00. It offers a lot of different sounds, etc. Of course I've also seen the mega-pricy sites. What's the difference between the two?

Also, I know that sound waves can be very damaging, to the extent of causing bleeding in the brain, so I'm a bit cautious about experimenting too much. I've sent an inquiry to what I consider a reliable source but have heard nothing back yet.

This is an interesting area, and I hope the cheaper alternative proves to be a valid choice. What do you think?

naivous

I've never come across anything stating that "sound waves can be very damaging, to the extent of causing bleeding in the brain", could you post a link to your source?

I played about with BWGen for a while, it seems perfectly safe to me, but i didn't think it was very user friendly when it came down to creating tracks.

There's also a freeware available online called sbagen (http://www.uazu.net) which i've been experimenting with and obtaining great results, anyone else tried it?

greatoutdoors

Naivous, unfortunately, I can't remember where I ran across the information. The most recent reference was in an article I read about the US Navy testing sonar equipment and its impact on whales. Sorry, I can't recall if it was Discover or Scientific American. I haven't done an internet search for whales and sonar yet, but it may be out there. Anyway, the article said that stranded whales had been autopsied and showed bleeding in their brains. There was more discussion, but the conclusion was that the intensity of the sonar might be responsible for the strandings and/or deaths. It's all pretty tenuous, which is why I'm looking for some kind of verification (like always! [xx(]).

I appreciate the link to the other site. I'll likely take advantage of that. Here lately it seems I'll need something to yank me out of my body -- I've been having no luck at all with meditation! [:(]

Come to think of it, the danger could be in the volume of noise, maybe not in the frequency. Anyway, it's probably not going to keep me from experimenting. [:)]

duckblink

hi, i've just tried this out and i've got to admit it's pretty good. i used it for about half an hour and i actualy found myself conciously snoring. it put me in to mind awake body asleep reasonable easily so well done. also the wobble sound, im not entirely sure what that is but i did find it helpful to concentrate on the rising and lowering sound. it seemed to travle upwards on the left and down on the right, it was like it was doing a clockwise route around my head if that makes senses[:P]
any way well done mate for giving us this!!![;)]
sasuke vs atachi the ultimat battle!!! apart from naruto vs sasuke!!! oh and ....

Blackstream

Wow! This is awesome!  This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.  About a day ago I was asking if there were any cheaper alternatives to holosync and hemisync.  AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW!  Anyways, thanks to my DSL I'll have this done in 10 minutes, then I'll let you guys know just how well it works on me:)  Seeing as I've never done an OBE, it'll be good for you guys to have another angle. (I'll edit this post with the results rather than spam).

EDIT:
No OBE, but the experience was kinda powerful all the same.  So I put on my oversized headphones and laid down in my bed.  The very first thing I notice is a feeling of warmth spreading over my chest area.  My first thought is "WTF?" but I let it happen.  I notice some pulses going on at different areas of my body, so I decided to do my Chakra thingy where I imagine opening up each Chakra and pulling energy up through it.  Then I felt some very distinctive pulses as well as a line seemingly drawn from my heart area down to the chakra above the belly button, and my throat.  No idea what that was, but it was new, and new stuff is good!  

Also, I had the feeling that my cat was on the bed walking around near my feet and needing her feet on the bed.  I actually opened up my eyes to see if it was, but no cat, so I decided to concentrate on it, but not actually do anything about it.  It seemed to need in synch to my pulsing (which I guess was my natural body rhythm).  So I gathered it was not an actual ghost cat or something, but something related to the pulsing in my body.

A few other minor things happened, but nothign significant.  I saw some hypnagogic imagry, felt some very small vibrartions every now and then.  But the imagary was always very very dark and grey.

At one point though, and this was cool, I tried focusing on API.  I saw a small splotch of blue off in the distance, and the blackness around it actually seemed to break away and let me see more of it.  This continued for a bit and I must admit, watching the blackness break away like that was cool.  But then the blue faded into the darkness.

I also found my attention diverting a lot while doing this, just like it always does.  Not up to par my concentration is:/

Finally, I heard the noise die down and I knew it was over.  The hour managed to go very very quickly though.  I actually managed to trance out for a hour without really giving up, though I did twitch during it every now and then.  I tried doing rope but my stupid attention kept diverting, so it'd be like (pull pull... cakkkeeee.. hmm.. whoops, pull pull pulll.... what about school...... whooops, pull pull.. say that rope is like a snake... whoops).

I guess I need practice, but it was fun to do.  I am curious as to the mysterious heat sensations I felt near my chest at the beginning was though.  It was weird, it started near my heart then sort of spread all over my chest.

EDIT 2:
I believe I now know where I went wrong after reading some guides.  When the above mentioned imagary started of the island, I started a mental voice going that constantly commented on everything I saw.  I actually had a dialogue going :/  Stuff like, "Okay, I'm looking into the water, do I see anything?  Hmm, what is that black circle.  Hmm look at the pretty swirling blackness."  And no wonder it all disappeared soon after that :o  Also, a lot of the time I was pretty passive and didn't do much to try and phase or pull myself out.  Oh well, least I'll know better next time.
There is no spoon

darkangel13

quote:
yogesh: can I copy this file to cassette.
as listening to file using a walkman will be very convenient

i'm also wondering about this, b/c it would be more convenient.  i didn't see an answer (if i missed it, lemme know[:P])...

as i'm writing this the file is downloading, i'll post my experience in a little while [:D]<==excited smile

-Kristina

NaKoR

Has any one figured out how to convert the

http://www.astralpulse.com/membersfiles/binauralabyss.zip  

file from MP3.  I'd like to burn it to CD to listen to in a regular CD player.  Any help would be appreciated.  tried a conversion program making it a WAV file but that won't play in a CD player either. . .

Thanx
Truth does not fear the closest of investigations
        http://neariah.www3.50megs.com/quest.html
                                  ¸.·´¯`·.¸><(( ((º>
               Knowledge is the enemy of faith . . .

ninja76

just use the windows media reader to create your cd it will translate from mp3 to wav and you will use your discman lol

NaKoR

I tired "just use the windows media reader to create your cd it will translate from mp3 to wav and you will use your discman lol".  it didn't work. put it in discman and boom box.  reads no disc.  watched it convert in windows media??  what next?Insert
                                  ¸.·´¯`·.¸><(( ((º>

ninja76

Firstly use WMP to listen the MP3 file.

Then use the function "copy on a CD" it will automatically translate from MP3 to WAV and you will listen it from any CD player

It works well for me (i have WMP serie 9 for XP).

If not use "altconvert" downloadable at"www.telecharger.com" a free software which can translate any audio file from wav,mp3,ogg,wma to any format you want. After just use your CD burner!!!

(Sorry for my english...)

Thing

"mouth salivating... should i swallow now? will it break off the concentration?" errr!!! got to hate that...

if you really want to use other things to do something wich is natural and can be done with nothing, you should try drugs (sorry). or a "brighter death now" disc! rules, hehe.

NaKoR

I must be the problem, I've done both type of conversions and burned but still it won't play in either of my players.  it plays fine on the computerInsert
                                  ¸.·´¯`·.¸><(( ((º>

jayselect

very good i must say. I got tons of brain/hemi/holo sync stuff, so if anyone wants to trade please email or im me. thx:)

NaKoR

it wasn't me, it was a defective disc!!! it converted and plays in a disc man. Insert
                                  ¸.·´¯`·.¸><(( ((º>

purelight

I just hear it after 4 months again and i must say that it really afects the mind.
I feel everythig around me so quiet and slow...

Thanx again for sharing!

Hyperblu

First of all.. amazing!!! couldnt think that a sound can do so much with you!!
very sweet.

I've downloaded the file and  i put it on my webserver (with 10 mbit connection)
ive done few small files (in rar) each one is 1.40 mb (like a A: disk).
Hope alt0xFF dont mind.
the point is that  you who have  dial-up or another low connection can download each part file every time you're connected to the internet.
like today you maybe  stay online  5 min so in this 5 min you could download 1 or 2 parts and tomorrow  when you maybe stay online 1 hour you could download  rest of  the parts.
anyways there is 59 parts totally ( 59 x 1,39mb = 82,01 mb ).

After you download all parts just  double-klick on the part 01 (if this dosent work try  klicking on part 59) and un-rar them in some dir.

if some part is invalid  or corrupted...  download this part again and try again :)

there's 2 adresses (parts are in the folder that you will see there)

http://www.hyperblu.com/astral
http://drm.dynalias.net/astral

Hope it  makes it  easier to download

Take care
Everything is simple if you can

Vicky

Hi, I took my time to download it ( about 5 hours with dial-up) and tried it immediately. After 10 min listening to it I started feeling strange sensations like my legs were separating a little bit. The strangest thing I felt was a ball of energy literally alive under my left hand. I could feel it pulsating, getting big and small as well as lifting my hand a little bit. It was incredible and I was totally awake. Afterwards I became falling in kind of trance so I drifted asleep I think. But I think this is really great and can help AP-ing. :)[:)][:D]
Който търси, намира.