Gateway experience last night - a few questions

Previous topic - Next topic

mjm

I acquired the Gateway series a few days ago and wanted to share my experience with Wave 1 so far. During my first run-through I didn't experience too much *visually*, however at some point I had the impression of an open expanse before me... like if I were able to open my eyes I would find myself looking out over a vast ocean of stars or something. Additionally, there came a point where I felt like I was floating over an ocean (or seascape, actually) being gently blown from side to side as I listened to the gentle crashing of waves on the CD. This was more of an impression than anything I suppose, but it was extremely vivid. I finished the session feeling invigorated, but wasn't sure whether I had achieved F10 or not.

Last night I gave it another go and had some remarkable experiences. During my first session of the night I found my ability to run through the process to F10 had improved somewhat... I fumbled around a bit with the exercises, but began experiencing what I might describe as bi-location. At some points I had the impression that I was both on my couch in my living room and standing on the shore of an ocean at the same time. I found I could switch perspectives quite easily by simply drawing (or focusing) my attention from one "place" to the other. I finished the exercise feeling satisfied at some degree of success, but after a short break I decided to give it another shot. At some point during the session it came to my attention that I wasn't merely hearing Bob's voice in my right ear any longer... he was actually walking beside me! I turned to face him directly and saw that he was speaking the words that I was hearing through my headphones. I recall thinking that this was a curious state of affairs (talk about unexpected surprises!). At this point it occurred to me that I had apparently achieved a definitive focus shift without fully realizing a transition had occurred along the way. The session ended shortly afterwards.

Two questions:

First, has anyone else had a similar experience with the Gateway series? Second, is it safe to say I achieved F10, or did I go beyond it? How would I know?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this...

-Michael

MisterJingo

Hi Michael,

It's hard to say if you reached focus 10 as each of us can experience it differently. While some people experience a complete seperation from physical stimuli, others still have a sense of their body. Although there does seem to be common elements across all experiences. The open expanse you mention is one of them (this can be a feeling of expansion, or sometimes the blackness behind the eyes suddenly seems to open up and become three dimensional).
Personally speaking, F10 for me doesn't nessesarily have any visual elements (there can be clouds of dull colours and such forth) but the expansion is a sign. I also feel removed from my body, or my body can feel very heavy and vauge. Deeper F10 can lead to sensory distortion, such as feeling like my hands are merging into one, or i'm sinking into the bed etc.
F12 is usually considered the next step along, to me this *is* more visual, there can be hypnogogic images, and the feeling of expansion is a lot greater.
Regarding if you did move beyond it, it's hard to say (again). But it all sounds very positive! It also sounds like you are approaching the exercises in the right way. Don't try to analyse these things too much right now - just go with it and see where it leads you. Also, don't impose previous sessions experiences on the next - expecting things to happen is one way of stopping what might possibly happen.
Finally, something i've discovered over the past 6+ years is that regular practicing with F10 produces a deeper state year on year. What I took as F10 when I first started using these CD's is a lot shallower than what I can achieve with F10 now. Keep at it and good luck!

mjm

Thanks for the response, MisterJingo. Good tips.

-Michael

Principle

Where did you, and where can I purchase the gateway series?

DH

God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

mjm

Quote from: Principle on May 09, 2008, 19:31:36
Where did you, and where can I purchase the gateway series?

I downloaded the series through a torrent client, however I believe it's available for purchase at http://www.hemi-sync.com. PM me if you have any questions...

alchemist

Quote from: MisterJingo on May 07, 2008, 09:26:15
Don't try to analyse these things too much right now - just go with it and see where it leads you. Also, don't impose previous sessions experiences on the next - expecting things to happen is one way of stopping what might possibly happen.

2nded. Good advice. Just enjoy the ride and don't over-analyse. I made that mistake in the beginning and lost sight of the bigger picture. Focus levels are useful to track progress but you often have to go backward/sideward to move ahead. I figure I have the rest of my life to perfect everything. Right now, I'm going along enjoying the ride.

Keeping a journal can be a good way to track progress also

After getting similar advice as you've been given in this thread, my progress accelerated dramatically.