Getting to the void/3d blackness with meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

DanishGuy

Hi All,

I was wondering if there's a technique or way to get to the void/3d blackness through meditation or is it just sometime you end up in that state?
Or maybe there is a technique that makes it more likely to end up there?

I have only been in that state once with the use of Hemisync and I blacked out and wake up in that state.

It seems that the way people experience this state is comparable.

Thanks for your time.

DanishGuy

dpk38

I'm not sure about this, but isn't this what you experience Everytime when we meditate, truly (as in deeply by disassociating ourselves from this physical realm by focusing away and forgetting our vision, hearing etc...)?
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

AAAAAAAA

I'll try my best to answer what I think it is that you're asking. I think that what you're asking is for tips on how to have more success with achieving this state of mind? If not, let me know, and I'll try again, lol. I'm not use to talking to people, so I might have misunderstood your question. But if you're asking what I think you are, then below is my response. If not, again, just clarify for me a bit, and I'll try not to fail as hard in my next response, lel.

I'm not sure if this is a widely accepted and/or an official/established method of doing it because I haven't read much of the literature about this specific topic, and there might be better ways of doing it depending on who you are/what works for you, etc. But I'll tell you how I do it. I literally just try and focus on all that is NOT my physical body, and with enough practice, you can actually change your focus. And when you stop focusing on your physical body, it's much easier to sort of forget about it, and focus on this "3d" blackness. I know it doesn't seem like much of an explanation, but that's because this is literally all it takes. It's pretty much an altered state of mind, so as redundant as it sounds, what you need to do is change your state of mind, lol.

Things that help me in achieving this:
-I don't have to completely clear my thoughts, but I make them very passive or "quiet"
-I take off anything like rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc., because you can feel those things on your body, and that doesn't exactly help when you're trying to shift your focus AWAY from your physical body.
-I try not to make it a big deal, and I take little steps at a time; often enough, it's thinking too hard about it and stressing over it that keeps you from having success with it.
-I use music. It's a great tool to use to get in that state of mind because you can just focus on the playing music, and the darkness, and nothing else (if you're at that stage).

I don't really know how to explain it, but another thing that helps me is when I look "inside?" I guess that's how I can say it? I don't know how to put it in words, but realize that there is something deeper. Something inside. That helps me. Also, keeping your objective in mind, but not obsessing over it is a big one. A lot of people continually distract themselves with thinking about the actual goal. While having your goal in mind is important, when trying to get in a "careful" state of mind like this, it's important that it is that, and nothing more than that. It is simply a goal you have in mind. If you focus too much on that, you might be focusing on more on what your end goal is, rather than actually working to achieve it. At least that was one mistake that I use to make.

Just to clarify... yes, you can get there via meditation. I'm sure there are a number of other ways of achieving it. There are some pretty creative people out there who have their own things that they do. Personally, since my own path is a path that focuses on a lot of meditation, meditation is consequently the best way for me to do a lot of different things. But I think you'll find that sometimes you have to do different things and just kind of figure out what works for you. There are many ways to get from point A to point B, and no one way is right or wrong. If it works, it works.

Dunno if any of this is helpful, but I hope it is.

ThaomasOfGrey

Pretty good advice above, I will put this technique to use in the isolation tank and see if I get results. I was playing with something like this yesterday and got good results.

DanishGuy

Hi AAAAAAAA,

Thanks for your great answer, I will try your good suggestions and tips.  :-)
The void I'm refering to is also described in this thread:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/is_this_the_void-t45239.0.html

Regards

DanishGuy