Speaking a different language

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Have any of you spoken a different language in dreams, LDs, APs, etc? The other night, I was slowly wakening up in the middle of the night, I was not in paralysis, just my body felt very heavy and I just wanted to fade back to sleep as my brain felt tired. However, upon that awakening, I realized that I was conversing very intensely with someone in what sounded like Italian. I was not speaking out loud just in my head, but I found that my tongue was moving slightly as I was thinking/speaking in my head. The last sentence I said that I remember was "Informazione del morre". I am not sure of the spelling but this is what it sounded. I said to myself, OMG I have to remember and search in the morning what does del morre mean. I just couldn't get up and write it down as my body and mind were feeling heavy and I just wanted to sleep, but I repeated it several times and in the morning I could remember it. I searched but no meaningful translation came through. I am really intrigued why Italian and who was I speaking with and about what. There was no dream prior to that, that I remember, just the conversation echoing in my head as I slowly was waking up.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

omcasey

Hi, Lightbeam.

Yes! - for reasons still unknown to me France and the French language comes into my experiences. A lot, both in OBEs and standard dream where I am not immediately aware in the scenes. For the life of me I would love to figure this out. What is the connection of me with France???

tides2dust

Hey guys! I love it.

Yes me too. One time it was french in a region of Africa located on a beach. I don't know what I was saying, but I knew I was speaking french with a woman.

More recently, I believe I said a word in italian and even more recent, russian. The difference between the italian/russian words vs having a full blown conversation is that those words were not a knowing but a feeling- almost like, "what is this language?" and it felt like the words/accents were reminiscent of italian and later, russian.

Erik

Yes,

I was a German soldier in ww2 and spoke German.
I bought cigarettes, chocolate and chewing gum from the Americans and sold it off to my fellow soldiers.
Didn't speak English, I knew I did black trading but I didn't met the US soldiers in this dream. The whole dream I was in a German barrack.

My commander hated the guts out of me but he could not do anything because I had friends in the higher rankings.
Lol, never heard of this kind of practices in ww2 documentaries.
I have to say that I am in real life quite familiar with the German language

Lumaza

Ah,, speaking in other languages or even "tongues". I have had experiences like this as well. It's nice to see another thing that many of us at the Pulse have in common. The one thing that really peaks my interest though is when you become aware you are playing a instrument or are in some kind of line of work or something that you have never been taught to do here in this physical reality before. Those experiences are "head scratchers" as well. The same is when everyone knows your name in some reality, but you, lol! People you have never met that are conversating with you like you are "Family" or some kind of best Friend. Places you find yourself that you have never been to. There are so many strange things that you can experience in the NPRs.

We use the term NPR (non physical realm/reality) quite a bit here on the Astral Pulse. Yet many of the places we experiences "there" seem to be just like here. In the sense of being just as "physical", with the same or almost the same "rule sets" as this reality here has. Some believe it or not are even more physical!  :-o
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

This always leaves me scratching my head whether speaking another language or doing something I can't do now. Many times I've wished I could stay with it long enough to either learn the language/talent or remind myself I have the skills so I could bring them back with me.

Some stuff has stuck but so far not any of the spoken language. So that's one positive.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Very interesting stories and input everyone! I suspected this was common, but it was nice to get validation :)

Now that I think of it, I have another story. When I was in high school, I was drawn to the English language, but in pour small town we had only a French teacher, so I took French as a second language. But I remember singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles in music class and I remember the expression on the teacher's face of disbelieve, lol, I was singing it with the accent and everything, and she asked me who taught you English. I said I did, but how, I don't know, I just know.
I think that because the US was in my future, I could foresee it without even knowing, and I was drawn to it. I may have had a connection to the wild west in a previous life because the very first thing that fascinated me about America was the wild west and the Indians. I have read so many books about it that I started dreaming visiting these lands. And 10+ years later it became a reality.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

That's a wonderful story LB. You must have had a strong pull to come to America.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

GrumpyRabbit

I don't think I've "spoken" another language while out, but I've heard words/phrases in other languages. I got "kokostika" which I THINK is Latvian (anyone here know Latvian?  :lol:). Once I got "keva," which turns out to mean a "fixed ritual" in Judaism. I got something that seemed German, once, but I don't think it was a real word.