Help: What's the best way to have great imagination/visualization skills?

Previous topic - Next topic

superman

Hey fam! lol  :-D

I'm interested in having a rich inner world... great imagination skills and being able to picture/visualize anything... mental imagery, that kind of stuff.
Can someone please tell me a technique or a book or something?

Thanks a lot.

Blessings :D
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Lucidityman

Hello,

Tough question to answer. I would say as a start would be to replay your dreams during the day.  Go outside and look at nature. When people asked for a tech or a book to do something..To me that's kind of missing the point. The best way to learn something is not from a tech or book, but just doing it. Close your eyes and let imagery appear. Even if their was a tech, it would not work well because each person is different. So the best way to learn something is to understand your own self and have a desire to learn. Pretty much just follow your heart and things will happen.
Lets see what other people write.

superman

Quote from: Lucidityman on September 07, 2018, 17:53:27
Hello,

Tough question to answer. I would say as a start would be to replay your dreams during the day.  Go outside and look at nature. When people asked for a tech or a book to do something..To me that's kind of missing the point. The best way to learn something is not from a tech or book, but just doing it. Close your eyes and let imagery appear. Even if their was a tech, it would not work well because each person is different. So the best way to learn something is to understand your own self and have a desire to learn. Pretty much just follow your heart and things will happen.
Lets see what other people write.

That's a very good advice 😳
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Lumaza

Quote from: superman on September 07, 2018, 16:16:31
Can someone please tell me a technique or a book or something?
Superman, you likely know what I am going to say, but I will say it anyway. I find that the two most powerful visual targets are simple geometric shapes and color. I used them in the beginning steps of my "Doorway" thread, before I began altering it to different techniques.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html

What I enjoyed so much about focusing on simple colors and geometric shapes is that they "always" created some kind of mental trigger or visual. If I stayed with the image, it would soon morph into something anew. If I stayed with that scenario, I got to watch that evolve as well and then suddenly, I wasn't conscious of my physical body anymore and felt like I was "elsewhere". Hence, Astral projection 101!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Plume

Well... for imagination to expand and things to become concrete from my perspective is create an habit that you truly enjoy ( whatever that is and that you really feel attracted to explore) live it in your heart and mind all day and also before bed just imagine the game , create game around it, how you would like it to go and be, play with the thoughts you have created, go out of your comfort zone and listen to those strange messages that sometimes call you to act, if there is fear and excitement at the same time, you are on track... you know its calling you to take an action that will make you expand. Also have something physical ( cards , Legos , toys , whatever you feel attracted ) that you play with that makes it physical throughout the day. I say this because I have created for my self an amazing relation with Tarot cards and divination by being vigilant and sturbborn with a routine everyday for some years now. I had no idea that I was going to do that, just did it and boy oh boy its fun and still blow my mind at times. it also force me to expand in way that were not my intention at first like writing and making order to my thoughts, but all that is part of a training. I am still trying to figure out were this is going, now I see that it only can evolve to more fun and magical connections ( not that there wasn't any to start with, but now I am much more aware and maybe an influence of some sort. I literally had cards fall out of my hands when I actually wishes them to be, and this many times, no jokes...really... ok those moments are only lived by me at the moment, good enough when you think how it makes you feel and how you want to keep playing...seriously there is no book that will give you that understanding until you do those small step and get that heart beating when you realize that magic was always there and you just did not give it its full potentials with your sense of wonderment.
So  doing and dreaming have to be happening at the same time. We all have great imagination , the problem is laziness and giving up because we have expectancy , take what come and let it evolve and push your comfort zone often. And patience while playing does not feel like your are waisting your time because you are playing after all. make sure it is a game you like ...

I like that idea of  focusing on shapes that Lumaza mentioned  ( the cards  that I actually pick for Lumaza was REASON contemplates bringing structure to the creative flow of imagination and being grounded in reality the image is an EMPROR playing with shapes and toys, so perfect then and still a great representation)... sadly I can't post the image :-(  There is also an exercise for focus  that he had shared in some other thread , I do think it is very powerful. Its the throwing of a ball , back and forth . I do believe that the movement put you in that space that could be existing , some kind of continuating flow of things expanding and contracting, just a thought but sure sounds good coming from me when I think of it :roll: those movement really helps me at time when meditating.

Anyway much could be said and really all it is, is the love of something that will make you dream and live it.

Lumaza

I find that focusing on simple shapes and colors creates spontaneous "mental associations" that can quickly become your new target of focus. The same occurs with simple directions like "Forward, Backwards, Left, Right and Up and Down". All those lead to the tactile feeling of motion as well.
You need to practice it often though, so that it all becomes "second nature" to you.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla